backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

12 minutes ago, Nwc100 said:

@yogi-bear

Do you have any recommendations on some reasonable quality vinyl to create stickers onto that would work well and stick well?

I picked up a new printer earlier in the year and it's on my list of things to attempt, but I've no idea what sort of vinyl would be best really.

It's nothing like you have there and I'm absolutely no designer it's more things to keep me out of trouble for an evening!

I know I'm limited due to the whole can't print white part but I think most of what I'd like to do I can do some work arounds.

Thanks

cool, vinyl choice will be dependent on what printer you bought. PM or start a new thread and I'd be happy to help out :D

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Try OZRC on eBay they had a few TBG bodies not long ago?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/143614117260?hash=item217011858c:g:WGUAAOSwaspeywte

yeah, they seem to have a couple, I didn't realise they were doing that. Still keen to see what else TBG have, barring that one day I'll copy either the Fox, Hot Shot or Hornet body I have, but ideally I think I'd like to get the frog version.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Nothing exciting, but 2 more switches for the 1060 switch mod for my future M38 Willy’s. 

What is the switch mod? Please tell me more. Just made a quick Google search and can't find anything. Maybe the wrong search terms.

The postie has been to my work and delivered parts from the USA for my SCx10iii build but I'm not back in until next Thursday to pick up :(. The package should be 

MIP hex drivers

Team KNK hardware bags for SCX10iii and general stock

Bowhouse RC SCX10iii panhard reinforcement bracket

SCX10iii valve cover (for the exposed side of the steering servo)

Still in transit is a Sidewinder 4 ESC for the truck.

I think that means the only things left for me to get are a steering servo and some marine grease for the portals.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Aerobert said:

What is the switch mod? Please tell me more. Just made a quick Google search and can't find anything. Maybe the wrong search terms.

My M38 Willy uses rubber covers over the switch so I need the larger switch lever in order for the 1060 to work.  

IMG_Mar272021at55921PM.jpg.ea34b46ab993a7731841dd3286d93260.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

My M38 Willy uses rubber covers over the switch so I need the larger switch lever in order for the 1060 to work.  

IMG_Mar272021at55921PM.jpg.ea34b46ab993a7731841dd3286d93260.jpg

Brilliant!  Simple on/off is easy, but ho do you do one where the setup button is also on the power switch???  1080 for example.

Terry

32 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

Brilliant!  Simple on/off is easy, but ho do you do one where the setup button is also on the power switch???  1080 for example.

Terry

In that case I would figure out the pins for the power and ground, and tap from there to the 3rd party switch and keep the setup bottom as is.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

In that case I would figure out the pins for the power and ground, and tap from there to the 3rd party switch and keep the setup bottom as is.  

Ok that makes sense. Does the setup button not need ground?  Or should I insert the new switch on the hot?

Thanks!

Terry

19 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

ah, that is even easier :D but freight would be a killer from Australia. Would be easy to set up the artwork though and email it to you, so PM me if you any help. Any mug with a vinyl cutter could make it.

ive  tryed to pm you but it says you cant receive messages

1 hour ago, Frog Jumper said:

Ok that makes sense. Does the setup button not need ground?  Or should I insert the new switch on the hot?

Thanks!

Terry

Sure, your tapping into just the one hot wire make sense since you are keeping the original switch.   That is actually better because it is just a simple series circuit in this case.  Smart thinking. 

My 5844 Pajero parts started arriving.  First the aluminum alloy wheels I always wanted on this car when I had the same kit as a kid back in the day..

IMG_May82021at113215AM.jpg.94e184dace6397f8f943141473c5e9ab.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, topforcein said:

ive  tryed to pm you but it says you cant receive messages

ok turns out my mail box was full, have fixed!

• Like 1

i dropped by the post office today to pick up my mystery package before heading off to work. i had to pack a bit more food as i didnt have much time for a good breakfast. i had to leave  some nonperishable items in the car as i couldnt bring it into work. im considering Shapeways transmission bracket for it and maybe the body posts also. i do have one serious issue with the chrome parts: they are too shiny... im thinking of using TS 79 semi gloss clear on the chromed areas. im going for the old and weathered looks and a bunch of shiny new chrome clashes with it. also planning to paint the rims a boring color to match it. i got some midnight pumpkin gold/black/white shocks ordered for this kit.

IMG_4467a.jpg

• Like 6

Some Kyosho goodies. 240S ESC and 480T motor for my Fantom. 240S motor for the Turbo Optima. From what I’ve read they’re not the fastest motors out there, but I couldn’t resist the bling factor. Plus the Fantom seems a little “quirky” when it comes to motors and ESCs that fit properly. 

9ECCB71F-88C0-4803-A619-FCA16C111602.jpeg

• Like 5

got my last set of rims for the TT02. the current ones i have dont match the looks i plan for the Sileighty body. i also got the 3rd battery for the kits. i will need to share 3 batteries between 4 kits, the traxxas has its own 2 batteries now.

IMG_4471.JPG

• Like 2

got some goodies in today. if i find the time i can start binging transformers between 2 builds (manta/lunchie) and the many books i have yet to read.

im still waiting for the 18T pinion and the aluminum motor mount but i can atleast start some progress. the 4 smaller bevel gears wont be used as i got metal bevel gears then the ball diff on the other side.

IMG_4484.JPG

• Like 4

i got my 3x33mm suspension shaft in for my Manta build. atleast i can make some progress on the suspension though i do need to try some brass tubes to make some step screws.

• Like 1