backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Collected my delivery from the US of A!

DSC_0724.jpg

Two items still required - steering servo and marine grease. Hopefully off to Halfords at the weekend so will pick up the grease then.

Deliberating on steering servo, I don't think I'll be going down the route of a Reefs RC or Holmes Hobbies servo given the cost and the relative lack of use my rig will get!

• Like 3

this right hand drive dash for my merc truck arrived today 

i was gonna buy a kit dash and convert my self but along with the sticker kit it would have cost more than what i payed for this 

real nice quality has drawers that open :lol: and 2 illuminated panels so the dash lights up (gotta find a way on how to connect/solder these as i have never done anything like this before)

next on the list is right hand drive dash's is the bruiser 

IMG_20210513_154951.jpg

• Like 6

Couple of servos (hope they’re powerful enough!), a Hobbywing 1080 and a new receiver ready for tomorrow’s arrival..

EA2BB661-1FC4-4787-B316-239E638986DB.jpeg

• Like 5

i got a few extra E clips for the 3 kits that will use suspension pins. i think i got those 2 models covered...

IMG_4485.JPG

• Like 3

Got a couple kits in the mail a few days ago... My first lunchbox and another kit I have been wanting for a while. Longer term build thread will be coming for the scx10.

gonna build both stock for now but I will put a slightly hotter mill than a silver can in the box'

IGS43i.jpg

• Like 10

59 minutes ago, guggles said:

Got a couple kits in the mail a few days ago... My first lunchbox and another kit I have been wanting for a while. Longer term build thread will be coming for the scx10.

gonna build both stock for now but I will put a slightly hotter mill than a silver can in the box'

IGS43i.jpg

As Iconic as a Sand Scorcher to me, an entry level, bonkers kit that everyone Tamiya fan should own at some point!

Finally arrived, my two S18 from LRP.

one is TC the other a buggy. 

starting a rebuild on monday, nice clean and inspection. :D

D25z68y.jpg

L3UFjx6.jpg

I like the fact the have a LRP Ai Micro Reverse Automatic ESC and Ai Runner Reverse V2 ESC. I will redo the wires on them.

9AYScOR.jpg

7tnBAup.jpg

Also the Bodies in very good condition. The previous owner was a young teenager he and his dad drive races in Croatia. he had a third -s18 he left for him.

6HbvvvU.jpg

• Like 5

These 4 (ok 5, but the 5th one is not out of its box yet) arrived all through last week, and here they are in their most likely build order:

20210514-125619.jpg

20210514-124245.jpg

20210514-123826.jpg

20210514-124835.jpg

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, toyolien said:

A little project for the evenings.

20210513_203400.jpg

Is that a hop-up for a Dalek?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Is that a hop-up for a Dalek?

I don't think so, they have the ability to Fly or hover already. They might need a hop up for that toilet plunger, though that feature might be handy around the house on some occasions.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

These 4 (ok 5, but the 5th one is not out of its box yet) arrived all through last week, and here they are in their most likely build order:

20210514-125619.jpg

20210514-124245.jpg

20210514-123826.jpg

20210514-124835.jpg

@B.RAD check these bd boys out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nel33 said:

I don't think so, they have the ability to Fly or hover already. They might need a hop up for that toilet plunger, though that feature might be handy around the house on some occasions.

ah - but haven't they only been able to fly in recent years (since CGI has been able to - ahem - "replicate" it for our viewing pleasure?) in which case this might still be a useful hopup for a vintage one :) 

• Like 1

Very cute @toyolien but out of stock at Plaza Japan :(.

Will keep an eye on it, I reckon my son would love it!

3 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Very cute @toyolien but out of stock at Plaza Japan :(.

Will keep an eye on it, I reckon my son would love it!

😂 for my son 😉

• Haha 1

Just now, Grumpy pants said:

😂 for my son 😉

I know, I know but it is his birthday next month! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

@B.RAD check these bd boys out.

Awesome! I'm liking the Turbo Scorpion very much 👍

Just now, B.RAD said:

Awesome! I'm liking the Turbo Scorpion very much 👍

Utterly gorgeous! 

11 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

ah - but haven't they only been able to fly in recent years (since CGI has been able to - ahem - "replicate" it for our viewing pleasure?) in which case this might still be a useful hopup for a vintage one :) 

You make a compelling case, even the old cyber men were rudimentary at best. Speaking of "replicating", I just wish Japan dropped the curtain and reveal their 3 1:1 size Gundams were the real deal. They are not fooling me by standing still or having a "back support"...

Honestly those Dr who robots don't really scare me, it's those angels that freeze when you make eye contact. They are scary as heck.

i dont know if i can post this pic but i finally got some Tegridy now. for anyone that watches South Park, you'd know what he farms/grows now. i got my "farming with Tegridy" shirt in today.

• Like 1

My Holy Grail. Or at least one of them

spacer.png  spacer.png

spacer.png

Bit annoyed that I didn't notice it was pre-drilled, which means I probably won't be able to use it on an FF03 project as planned :rolleyes: Hmmm....will have to find something else to sit it on

Just need one more pair of 50770 rims now...:ph34r:

Anyone? 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

My Holy Grail. Or at least one of them

spacer.png  spacer.png

spacer.png

Bit annoyed that I didn't notice it was pre-drilled, which means I probably won't be able to use it on an FF03 project as planned :rolleyes: Hmmm....will have to find something else to sit it on

Just need one more pair of 50770 rims now...:ph34r:

Anyone? 

Get long front body posts, heat and shape them👍

• Like 2