backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Please bear with my bliss here. It's been LONG since the last time I got anything... but you see Christmas sure came early for me this year. THANK YOU @SuperChamp82

I understand eight pictures is too much for this kind of thread but well... Here's some RC good, CD earfood, and a couple of incredible Hot Wheels cars signed by two legends, John Force and the late George Barris himself!

0vEaccV.jpeg

Some detail:

Ima need to find me a used rere Scorpion to fit all this fantastic stuff, yay.

GXqe64u.jpeg

I have three Stomper tires and TOYO high lift wheels. I need to find some fourth to finish the set. These might work like a charm on some Wrangler!

vCoRYXJ.jpeg

Decals...oh, these are sooo cool.

EQ2lu5s.jpeg

Another transmission needed and another JUICY Hornet will be ready... someday :)

agLW282.jpeg

The greatest Heavy Metal album of all time in two versions. The Castle re-release and the 2021 Rhino version expanded and remastered which is absolutely incredible!! Oh, and that's Carly Simon's best 80's effort, one of my favorite female pop singers ever.

DPByDqS.jpeg

Hot Wheels' MEGA bliss here...

John Force's gorgeous Catrol Dragster!

m9Sz689.jpeg

And look at this one... the one-and-only George Barris' Batmobile!!

dTdX9vX.jpeg

THANK YOU BRANDON !!! You're a legend indeed ! thumbsup.gif

Y'all have a GREAT weekend! :)

• Like 12

Tough act to follow @mongoose1983, great haul!

My Sand Scorcher arrived today. Its my first kit with blisters and I want to leave it NIB because of it, but it will get built. My wife said something about cake and eating it too and didn't think my 'joke' about buying a second one was funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

0vEaccV.jpeg

I can’t believe you accepted all that random junk from some weirdo on TamiyaClub

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

that's Carly Simon's best 80's effort, one of my favorite female pop singers ever.

A legend in your own time!!! 70’s still the best for me. No Secrets had to be every teenage boys favourite album.  Possibly girls as well?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aerobert said:

Some bits for the Dirt Thrasher and the Top Force. 

IMG20210717091243_compress74.thumb.jpg.49cb2dd2caadcf8e6b366bb06fda31cb.jpg

I quote myself. It seems that I need to plan my purchases better. I forgot to order E-Clips. :wacko:

The good thing about that is that I will not only order E-Clips. Off course only to justify the postage...

• Haha 4

Postie dropped these off, not the spa240 had that for years and that's why I bought this new motor absima thrust 12T and I put the le mans motor decal on it!. While I was in the garden using my turbo optima which the spa240 was in the motor kinda made an almighty pop then a bit of smoke so I thought I'd better take that apart and clean it and retire it to the display cabinet? The spektrum receiver I need for a monster beetle.

20210717_142859.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Tough act to follow @mongoose1983, great haul!

My Sand Scorcher arrived today. Its my first kit with blisters and I want to leave it NIB because of it, but it will get built. My wife said something about cake and eating it too and didn't think my 'joke' about buying a second one was funny.

As a male, I completely missed the point your wife was trying to make, heard what I wanted to hear, and believe 'cake and eating it too' means she is making you a Sand Scorcher cake to go with your new RC...

You're welcome! 

What a fantastic wife you have there. 😎

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Some bodies came this week.

Fiat Abarth 131

hf5NOeSh.jpg

P7PQSirh.jpg

P7PQSirh.jpg

TJkIJhDh.jpg

BMW E30 M3

H51uLTbh.jpg

eCWWKyih.jpg

More coming soon. :D

• Like 6

Steel pinion and oil shocks for the WW2.

DD6635B0-932D-4CB8-88B5-1CC77FAA6C60.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Busdriver said:

A legend in your own time!!! 70’s still the best for me. No Secrets had to be every teenage boys favourite album.  Possibly girls as well?

[Excuses to everyone in here for going off-topic] That No Secrets album cover was oh, so nice. Now, her less-known 1981 Torch album cover must be hottest one. I've always had something for Carly Simon, plus she's a genius songwriter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

[Excuses to everyone in here for going off-topic] That No Secrets album cover was oh, so nice. Now, her less-known 1981 Torch album cover must be hottest one. I've always had something for Carly Simon, plus she's a genius songwriter.

It’s certainly up there!!!

• Like 1

Some small items came in today...

Surpass Rocket 30mm and 25mm - World's best RC fans :D

xiuiEn1h.jpg

KreKx2oh.jpg

SPT 4412LV servos - extras

14AWG wire (1 meter)

3.5mm bullet connector pairs (short)

Metal spurs (80t), pinions (25-29t)

XR Spur (77t), XR pinion (27t)

ogdeJmhh.jpg

GIkHgETh.jpg

kKIaEgnh.jpg

• Like 5

The postie bought yesterday some fantastic stickers i have been trying to get for a long time and johann (yogi-bear) kindly made for me i want to put this on the side of my reffa trailer but its to big to make without it getting blurry so i compromised and had them for another rc instead:D

IMG_20210718_145208.jpg

• Like 5

A mint Hummer (58154) Been collecting a few other bits along the way :)

62a73039df1473b252d371e7a41f2ac8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I was able to tick off 3 kits from my bucket list this week, including my own personal grail. Grail pic is the last one:

2021-07-19-08-54-49.jpg

2021-07-19-08-51-11.jpg

2021-07-19-09-00-57.jpg

I will build them.

• Like 12

28 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

I was able to tick off 3 kits from my bucket list this week, including my own personal grail. Grail pic is the last one:

2021-07-19-08-54-49.jpg

2021-07-19-08-51-11.jpg

2021-07-19-09-00-57.jpg

I will build them.

All great buys, but the Dyna Blaster is a very cool purchase 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some very lovely 3D printed hub carriers designed by our very own @ThunderDragonCy

95A04F5F-CD56-4DCB-B493-3BEE79EC79EF.jpg

A very smooth finish to these parts.

The postie has been very busy at my office today so I’m hoping for a bumper haul tomorrow :D

• Like 5

Nothing fancy today.. just a Sports Tuned to complete my WW2.

ED214EA5-CE79-45F9-9A81-D0A1B526E336.jpeg

• Like 3

After 5 or 6 days of being in transit in Ocala Florida (maybe my car jumped off the truck and went sightseeing, idk :blink:) this showed up :D

F0752892-702A-4FDD-B1B6-0BA380DB6A6B.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

My LiPo adventure begins...

00E6252B-3805-4446-83EF-6DB3FC65E7C0.jpg

Though my charger has yet to arrive :(.

There there are these bits too

C3C7F84A-7462-417B-BE78-6DB849FBE89D.jpg

Bluetooth link for my crawler ESC (for giggles), a Holmes Hobbies motor (well, I know I'm going to use it one day...), some reverse cut gears for my scratch build tractor and a wheel well marker to try out. If only it would cut them out for me :D.

Not shown is the body that also came form LandL models as it is still boxed up.

I was worried that it might not turn up for a while but delivery was super-speedy.  

• Like 2

Bought a almost retro brushed motor last week for my topcat off the Ebay it said delivered by royal mail signed for I thought good local postie knows his area etc but my heart sank when i got confirmation it had been dispatched.......by Hermes😥 so far my deliveries which have not been delivered or destroyed by Hermes consists of buggy champ which went out of stock everywhere i managed to get probably the last one in the country Hermes used it as a javelin target practice!....it was destroyed🤬 set of hpi dirtbonz tyres & rims delivered to the right house number wrong street, my wifes ted Baker shoes just went missing! Set of ipod's again right number but this time wrong street and left outside a block of flats (photo they take just shows a random flat communal entrance🤷‍♂️) and the latest one is a delivery which was delivered to my chosen shop pick up which I never had or chose?........in another local town! SO with all the above in mind it DID look like a good motor!

• Sad 2

Nearly got all the bits together for the TA08 Pro build now, still waiting on adjustable front suspension blocks, and some M4x8 titanium set screws. 

Just bodyshell, and wheels left to buy. And at some point I need a spring kit and and maybe a spare set of hubs, also going to need some weights to get it up to race weight. 

I know the screw kits pictured below are for a Yokomo (they were cheap for the brand though!), but between those kits and what I have in stock I should be able to have all aluminium (where appropriate) / titanium screws in the build. 

IMG_20210713_201555~2.jpg

IMG_20210713_201502~2.jpg

• Like 6