backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

57 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

This beauty, courtesy of @Fuijo It really is as good as it looked in the pics :D

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think I'm going to enjoy this one :)

Superb purchase @Juhunio 👍

I must admit to dipping in and out of the advert thinking it would look nice on my shelf where the Konghead sat until recently.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 5:05 PM, mtbkym01 said:

2 x Surpass Brushed Motors (ordered 2 x 21T, got 1 x 21T and 1 x 55T :huh:) through AliExpress. Have messaged the seller.....

and 2 x 1060’s.

The seller is sending me another 21T for $6 US shipping fee, I’m keeping the 55T as compo

• Like 1

For my other normal GF01.   

IMG_Aug142021at105721AM.jpg.3343c2c98587458f44e196c70b780d1e.jpg

Will get more for my other GF01 and WR02’s as these grip very well!

• Like 2

On 8/12/2021 at 8:48 PM, SupraChrgd82 said:

Are those yellow TA02 bits??

Yes, these are the extremely rare 49547 Fluorescent yellow A- and B-parts for the TA-02.

Searched years for them, finally found them brand new. It's so great!

ernieks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

For my other normal GF01.   

IMG_Aug142021at105721AM.jpg.3343c2c98587458f44e196c70b780d1e.jpg

Will get more for my other GF01 and WR02’s as these grip very well!

do they do 100% better than the stock V cleat tires? i find stock lunchbox motor and tires are mediocre grip on grass as it is...

i only took the lunchbox out for its first run yesterday and now i see these tires..... its gonna take a long time for the stock tires to get so worn out at this rate before i can consider these puppies.

1 minute ago, nel33 said:

do they do 100% better than the stock V cleat tires? i find stock lunchbox motor and tires are mediocre grip on grass as it is...

I don't drive my cars in grass, but they are MUCH BETTER than the kit V tires included in the WW2's.  These grip very well, and are soft so can handle some crawling-like action too.   I love them.   #54603

• Like 1

Some funky hubs for the upcoming M07 Golf project:

51377639997_aed2093b88_b.jpg

PLUS! (& I’m really excited about this!!!) a 2nd hand JConcepts Regulator chassis from an auction - where I was the only bidder WAHOO! :D

51379429280_a97c4a16b5_b.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I don't drive my cars in grass, but they are MUCH BETTER than the kit V tires included in the WW2's.  These grip very well, and are soft so can handle some crawling-like action too.   I love them.   #54603

LOL. now i have to forget you even posted these tires here as they are on my list of things i could purchase... i got foam inserts in my stock tires but i dont think the lunchbox will be the main runner. the hard ABS body durability is a unknown to me personally ATM.

Got some new kicks for the Hornet and a box of M3 screws in the mailbox today.

20210814-205943.jpg

• Like 5

Came back to a pile of boxes including it this rere Wild One, looks like a another serious case of RCAD (Radio Control Acquisition Disorder) :lol: 

51379727778_f15fd28711_b.jpg
  • Like 6
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, J@mes said:

Came back to a pile of boxes including it this rere Wild One, looks like a another serious case of RCAD (Radio Control Acquisition Disorder) :lol: 

51379727778_f15fd28711_b.jpg

That's weird, I don't see RCAD  In th DSM V glossary anywhere... I'm sure RCAD has been around for decades but it flew under DSM's radar for that long.

• Like 1

I too have a problem collecting things.. I think it has something to do with feeling insure about things that are out of your control..  once you acquire it, then you feel secure that you physically have one.

But then you start to over think about back up.. then back up of a back up .. of a back up. of a back up.. etc. etc. :ph34r:

It is fun to have variety too.. so collection becomes big.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2021 at 11:16 PM, J@mes said:

Some funky hubs for the upcoming M07 Golf project:

51377639997_aed2093b88_b.jpg

Are these the hubs that let you do a 210mm wheelbase on an M07?

3 hours ago, BuggyGuy said:

Are these the hubs that let you do a 210mm wheelbase on an M07?

Aye

22 hours ago, nel33 said:

That's weird, I don't see RCAD  In th DSM V glossary anywhere... I'm sure RCAD has been around for decades but it flew under DSM's radar for that long.

No known cure, only treatment:

More RC :lol:

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, J@mes said:

No known cure, only treatment:

More RC :lol:

There are 2 temporary treatments: lack of funds and lack of storage space. The latter works well enough for me, at this point...

A super cool design has a way of overwhelming all rational senses and sends you deeper into the hole...

Onto actual parts, got 3mm motor plugs, m3x0.5 tapping tool and 3x35mm flange pins meant for sabre build in today. Would be great news had I not stripped the 3mm yeah racing threads in plastic deck- tub. Can always try drilling out bottom of the insert/hole and put longer bolt...

• Like 1

Got to love a double drop day. Various items for various projects from Plaza Japan and RCMart. :D

20210817_153749.jpg

• Like 3

Something non-Tamiya

EFE03AE4-FC30-4417-82A9-33C77F270919.jpg

I have been struggling with RC motivation recently despite throwing a load of money at the hobby. I haven't been able to put the time in to get the enjoyment out and spreading myself too thin across too many projects.

Before COVID hit, a friend had suggested getting in to Star Wars Legion. We both like Star Wars and I painted miniatures in my early teens so he thought I could do that again. 

So we've taken the plunge and I now have something like 35 miniatures (or minis as they are now known) to paint. It will allow me to step back for a while, put my new LiPos on storage charge and recharge my own RC batteries. I'll also be doing something sociable too whereas my RC is just me on my own (or me and el kid).

I've still got RC plans, a couple of pre-orders and a crawler to build over the winter (once I have finished the body) so I've not gone and I'll be checking here just as regularly :).

• Like 2

Spur gear for the TA08, some fancy screws and a Yokomo BMAX4 steering post that's hopefully going to fit in my TRF201 build (it's very hard to source original steering post or the TRF racing steering set that swaps the post for a pin so fingers crossed I can make this work!)

1905532783_IMG_20210817_1203272.thumb.jpg.ee4c9d94d8f023c2c61c5459c5c681a2.jpg

• Like 1

A pair of 1600mAh LiPo batteries, my first entry into the lithium powered world. Now when these may not seem exciting to most, it is generally impossible for me to order lithium batteries from anywhere, be it for RCing or vaping. The reason is I live on a remote Scottish island and faces serious postage restrictions. Royal Mail do daily delivery here, but they transfer the post to a plane for transport here and lithium is a strict nono. I even had a 3000mAh NiMH (legal) battery pack sent to Northern Ireland to be destroyed before they realised that it is safe for air transport and send it to me. 2 weeks to get from TTM to Orkney! 

So this pair of batteries were order on Amazon, delivered to an electrical contractor in Glasgow that do work for me, put onto a van and the van driven onto a ferry before handed to me. They are to go into my SU-01 Aero Avante and SW-01 Mudmad, therefore the small size and capacity. For my 1/10 cars, still on NiMH for the moment.

Dangerous...and almost impossible to get where I live.

IMG_20210817_163325.thumb.jpeg.b3af83cb571ffb62e8537794d6667f12.jpeg.

The batteries.

IMG_20210817_165033.thumb.jpeg.df53043d5925aa5242dc1937f5131f6e.jpeg

Also got a pair of USB chargers included to get me going before I invested fully in lithium tech.

• Like 3

Some parts for the DF01 Frankenstein from Bulgaria B)

Thank you custom rc parts for the great quality!!

PSX_20210817_204946.thumb.jpg.47bf1a0da9b2b5de8edf2311e73c1a41.jpg

• Like 3