backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Always wanted one of these ever since seeing it in that 80s movie with the kid stealing the Plutonium from the lab. Think ill build it red too.

20210917_193201.jpg

• Like 9

@Rider400 absolutely love these. It’s on my list (the list is long though ;) )Are you going standard with the build? 

@Rider400 Nice choice.  The Brat is where it all got serious for me back in the 80's.  Mine came with a 380 and no diff.   GL with the build.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeeWings said:

@Rider400 absolutely love these. It’s on my list (the list is long though ;) )Are you going standard with the build? 

I am mainly because Ive got 2 other projects that keep getting pushed back because they arent standard. Always needs something else thats not on hand.

I figure with the stock Brat ill have at least 1 other good runner along with my Monster Beetle.

16 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Wow, now I'm curious to see your 'got myself a bunch of tires..'  post.  :lol:       I am imagining a sea of tires with you crowd surfing on top of them. :D

That sounds like it could be fun, I might have to try it one day :lol:

so... I got myself a bunch of tires today

DE25B3ED-0199-4A5F-9291-908C88ADF43F.jpeg.1a4347e501bb94ded24e0d14a84f3041.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

23 hours ago, Rider400 said:

Always wanted one of these ever since seeing it in that 80s movie with the kid stealing the Plutonium from the lab. Think ill build it red too.

20210917_193201.jpg

Just finished building mine. Really satisfying build. Not complicated, in fact quite relaxing. Two body’s is great, my only gripe, if I’d done both boxart, is that there is only one set of side graphics. You get two sets of roof graphics in different colours though?

running mine on full bearings, 19t steel pinion and a Torque Tuned motor. Just about right for a fun reliable runner. Enjoy your build.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Just finished building mine. Really satisfying build. Not complicated, in fact quite relaxing. Two body’s is great, my only gripe, if I’d done both boxart, is that there is only one set of side graphics. You get two sets of roof graphics in different colours though?

running mine on full bearings, 19t steel pinion and a Torque Tuned motor. Just about right for a fun reliable runner. Enjoy your build.

Reliable runner. Thats the look of that box art guy driving I swear. He looks so content. Good fuel mileage. Cheerios breakfast. Career in advertising. Hes a reliable runner.

• Haha 1

On 9/17/2021 at 9:01 PM, Rider400 said:

20210917_193201.jpg

The Manhattan Project

• Like 1

This box, which is relatively small so the pen is for scale

20210920_120508

Which contained this

20210920_121010

Which is a bit embarrassing, since that is all I need (other than a few screws) to make a whole TA07Pro from parts.  Some of the parts are my spares stash for my TA07 and FF04, but most are the bits that are left over since I upgraded my TA07 which resembles more a TA07MS now

The belt and centre pulley are going on mine, and the old ones will go towards the parts build.  My son will run this in allcomers and kids class at the club with a mix of old and spare electronics.

• Like 8

Some Yr bits so I got an excuse to tear my M-05 apart again. 

IMG_20210920_133001.jpg

• Like 8

got spare parts for the sabre build today. some red steering knuckles are spares for manta and sabre, flysky gt5 spare reciever for the sabre build. some suspension pins to dump screw pins on sabre. will need to buy a TS red paint to fix the blue parts should the need arise. a bunch of sabre suspension related spares. the self tappers are need for Manta and TD, i "borrowed" some self tappers from TD parts bag to secure the front gear box.

IMG_4848a.jpg

IMG_4849a.jpg

IMG_4850a.jpg

• Like 2

These turned up today. I was pretty sure I bought a second set of the Df03 heat sinks when I bought the first set for my M05, but cannot find them anywhere 🤷

2VNLwWi.jpg

• Like 3

Small delivery today, should have much more tomorrow.

On the right, "another" Carson Reflex 3 Nano Rx, my third one so far. On the left, already out of its box, an ISDT lipo charger.

IMG_20210921_124901.thumb.jpeg.6bfb17e2f11fc87f003a5830c7b20465.jpeg

I was quite excited to find this charger exists. Most of us that are working from home will already have a laptop charger charging something useless, like say, a laptop. With this, I can make use of that charger to charge something more useful. With modern phones using USB QC, I already have USB QC chargers all over the house as well the car. So doing away with another charger is a plus. Most lipo chargers I see take an old laptop charger which is mostly useless today. This charger takes USB QC 2.0 (18W), 3.0 (36W) and PD (60W!). Some of you may remember, I use a plug in USB charger for my little 1600mAh batteries and that takes about 3h for a charge. I am getting 3000mAh batteries home this week and that will take far longer, I need a better charger!

Input and specs.

IMG_20210921_124935.thumb.jpeg.e0afcb5bf593b21feed42b8742ae38b4.jpeg

But alas! Plugged my battery in for a test drive and the error icon lit up. What??? Went online and found an YouTube review and it turns out that even though it is a balance charger, it needs both cables plugged in and it is a XT60 port.

Unfortunately my little batteries are on XT30s and my NiMHs are on Deans. So off to Amazon to buy some XT60s due for arrival in 2 days before I can test it again.

• Like 1

TA08 bits I was tempted in to buying

DC2C3CB0-0848-4AC2-8E1B-41EEDD19E6FC.jpg

Now just waiting on the delivery of time to build it… 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Unfortunately my little batteries are on XT30s and my NiMHs are on Deans. So off to Amazon to buy some XT60s due for arrival in 2 days before I can test it again.

Why not just get a XT30 -> XT60 and a Deans -> XT60 adaptor? Saves changing a bunch of connectors.

5 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

TA08 bits I was tempted in to buying

DC2C3CB0-0848-4AC2-8E1B-41EEDD19E6FC.jpg

Now just waiting on the delivery of time to build it… 

At my LHS that actually has RC related stuff in stock they usually have a M chassis, believe it's an 07?? Each time I see it, it's tempting. The few things that stop me from buying M chassis are the usual price, already have tt02 and I font really much like the bodies the M chassis use, none tickle me enough. I also have enough kits as it is...

2 hours ago, cambragol said:

Got this in the mail...my first servo! (that wasn't part of a Tamiya control package)

spacer.png

This'll go on my Hotshot II

Excellent choice! Savox makes great servos and offers replacement bits if you get a little too aggressive with it.

• Thanks 1