backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Pre ordered on 6 Sep, arrived today, just 3 weeks wait, not bad considering some had waited 6 months for it. Wife is not too please though.

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Pre ordered on 6 Sep, arrived today, just 3 weeks wait, not bad considering some had waited 6 months for it. Wife is not too please though.

spacer.png

Wives are temporary, Tamiya is forever 😂

• Haha 10

Postie brought me this yesterday from @djmcnz. I am sure I will find a use for more m-chassis stuff. 😁

kufR524.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Wives are temporary, Tamiya is forever 😂

I was viewing the forum as guest, but I quickly logged in just to like this comment :lol:

• Haha 1

Came home to this...

spacer.png

...which contained this...

spacer.png

...and this...

spacer.png

...and the pièce de résistance...

spacer.png

To quote Ice-Cube, "I gotta say, today was a good day."

• Like 20

A couple of Speedos & 21t brushed motor from Melbourne, and 3D printed engine potentially for  Scorcher..

8D211BCB-322F-4C0E-AF34-1C7300687EDD.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Zealot said:

Came home to this...

spacer.png

...which contained this...

spacer.png

...and this...

spacer.png

...and the pièce de résistance...

spacer.png

To quote Ice-Cube, "I gotta say, today was a good day."

Nice haul. What are all the big bores going on?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, toyolien said:

Nice haul. What are all the big bores going on?

Top Force, Super Astute and ???

Seems hard to get the springs though. No one that I usually buy from has stock.

More drivers have appeared. I'm going to try and get one in my Egress at some stage...

1816288974_ScreenShot2021-09-29at10_38_42am.thumb.jpg.8866f3a545b6880044d67fa774227f34.jpg

• Like 2

Some new tires and wheels were in the mail today. They're supposed to be destined to the Manta Ray for Postal racing business, but now that I see them they're screaming for the Terra Scorcher instead 🤔

20210928-165507.jpg

• Like 9

Happy and sad.

Happy that this has arrived but sad that a relatively soft box was sent in a simple plastic shipping envelope with no additional protection. How did the seller think that would survive international shipping? Well it didn't and the box is in a poorly state, it's not terminal but I like my new stuff, especially if it's expensive, to arrive in new condition.

Jagermeister_Static.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Some new tires and wheels were in the mail today. They're supposed to be destined to the Manta Ray for Postal racing business, but now that I see them they're screaming for the Terra Scorcher instead 🤔

20210928-165507.jpg

That's a good colour combination for the terra scorcher👍

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, djmcnz said:

Happy and sad.

Happy that this has arrived but sad that a relatively soft box was sent in a simple plastic shipping envelope with no additional protection. How did the seller think that would survive international shipping? Well it didn't and the box is in a poorly state, it's not terminal but I like my new stuff, especially if it's expensive, to arrive in new condition.

Jagermeister_Static.jpg

That's a static model right? Yes, I agree good protection is important, especially for statics as they are far more fragile than RC kits. Perhaps a feedback comment? 

20 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

That's a static model right? Yes, I agree good protection is important, especially for statics as they are far more fragile than RC kits. Perhaps a feedback comment? 

Yep, 1/24 static and I agree with you. I added a polite feedback comment highlighting the inadequate packaging and gave 4 stars for condition instead of 5... they'll probably block me, most eBay sellers seem to block those that provide less than 5 stars instead of being accountable for their failures.

I won't lose any sleep over it but I'm sure we all appreciate a faultless acquisition.

• Like 1

2 x TT-01E Skyline R32 HKS kits, one to build and one for the spare decals and wheels, I might use the extra chassis for something else, I don't know yet. I also ordered a low-profile servo for it, and a bunch of 35mm servos for a future project, a rather large RC place my dad bought and never used, so he's giving it to me, 1.5m wing span. Then a few lipo bags (finally), and last but not least, a new king size bed for the little ones.

cylmR7O.jpg

ODh5Cbu.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, djmcnz said:

Yep, 1/24 static and I agree with you. I added a polite feedback comment highlighting the inadequate packaging and gave 4 stars for condition instead of 5... they'll probably block me, most eBay sellers seem to block those that provide less than 5 stars instead of being accountable for their failures.

I won't lose any sleep over it but I'm sure we all appreciate a faultless acquisition.

I though so as I don't think I had ever seen PE parts for RC before. 

No lost to you if you got blocked. In fact it is better so that you will not accidently buy from them again. 

• Like 1

MORE parts for the TD4, which doesnt even exist yet, FML.

Ceramic diff balls, both 3/32 and 1/16 size, TRF hex drive dish wheels with K block tyres, and a set of DF03 MS wheels and tyres which i'll probably move on.

• Like 4

After multiple Covid delays my R31House Formula Kart slick tires and Kart rims arrived this morning. I purchased these for my GF01 Land Cruiser build. Don't think I will actually be running them but they were too good looking not to buy! I wanted black rims but RCMart had sold out. I will see what white looks like but will potentially spray or dye them. 

Still waiting for the bearings and various other hop-ups to arrive before I can start the build.

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 9.40.56 am.jpg

• Like 5

I received a notification that some stickers from MCI are arriving today. Unfortunately, I'm not back in the office until next week :(.

If I have put the order in correctly I have a set for my TXT-2 (though I'm sure I have a set already in my stash? Perhaps not with the Summit decals), a resized custom set for my Hornet so I can finally finish that body and a set for my Mini pick-up body. 

Hopefully that will give me the impetus to pick up the chassis and finish it off.

• Like 2

For my GF01TR build..

IMG_Sep302021at21150PM.jpg.135a8b92d9248cf1d71dc09c588129a3.jpg

UPDATE:   Speak of the devil.. just arrived. :lol:

IMG_Sep302021at23508PM.jpg.0be2dc9b6475b57582fe4be2df34311e.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
Just arrived..!
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, toyolien said:

20210930_133948.jpg

Never get sick of looking at an avante!