backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

@Willy iine are you seeing my comments? I have posted up messages and questions to you a number of times but no response…

5 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

How many do you need @jonboy1?

That's super kind of you @Badcrumble - but absolutely no worries, I stumped up a few extra pennies and got a pack elsewhere.

Really appreciate the kind offer mate :) 

On 12/7/2021 at 8:43 AM, Badcrumble said:

Another TC member got the last 51000 so I have one coming from RCMart, along with some lower bumpers (missing from my 2nd hand purchase).

Or you can buy others which are very similar to 51000 (or 50473). I had bought ABC Hobby and R31House ones before and they work just fine and are a few coppers cheaper.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, futureworks said:

Had the Parcelforce letter today announcing the cost of vat and customs

It seems like it is a 100% hit rate for the import "fines" from DE (and EU) these days?

55 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Or you can buy others which are very similar to 51000 (or 50473). I had bought ABC Hobby and R31House ones before and they work just fine and are a few coppers cheaper.

I did get a 50473 too (it was in the photo) but as they are both going on the CR-01 for 4WS and will be very visible sitting on the axles, I wanted a matching pair.

Good tip on the other brands though, will investigate for future purchases.

On 11/30/2021 at 8:39 AM, Badcrumble said:

Nice delivery from the US of A.

6C9E2F7A-C38D-42CD-9C20-C14AD8DB2EF3.jpg

Not pictured, some scale chequer plate for my trail rig.

Those look SWEET for a pulling tractor! Nice find there Thumbsup

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Goudar said:

Owww I recived a lovely car today ! Who's gonna recognize it ? :rolleyes:

qVh0O9b.jpg

looks dangerously like a Monster Racer to me!!:wub:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goudar said:

Owww I recived a lovely car today ! Who's gonna recognize it ? :rolleyes:

qVh0O9b.jpg

King Blackfoot?

2 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

looks dangerously like a Monster Racer to me!!:wub:

Yep I reckon Monster Racer for sure! Very nice @Goudar

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simalarion said:

@Finnsllc - probably the best looking buggy out there

Always wanted a wild one when i was a kid. When this version was announced i knew it was time. Def a good looking buggy. Gonna start building tonight i think If i have bearings. 

• Like 1

@jonboy1 @Kol__ Yep thats it ! She sitted for a long time on local auction website (2020/09) with wrong spelling in the title. I found 4 months ago his auction page, last days I take my chance and sended a message to the owner.

I scored this one for 160€, I'm pretty happy, I would remember for a long time this trade.

No box but manual ! She seems in pretty good condition, no parts damaged. Can't wait to work on this lovely beauty.

W8H6EIH.jpg

• Like 11

ED13FD53-97F3-42DB-A979-43A8F491B8FB.thumb.jpeg.34f3e4b0afeb1728c7d00b4069993e6b.jpeg

Now I think I’m ready to rebuild my old Wild One.

I was going to go with something more powerful but thought I might end up killing it! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GeeWings said:

ED13FD53-97F3-42DB-A979-43A8F491B8FB.thumb.jpeg.34f3e4b0afeb1728c7d00b4069993e6b.jpeg

Now I think I’m ready to rebuild my old Wild One.

I was going to go with something more powerful but thought I might end up killing it! 

Good choice for the WO

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

TD4 bits

678F0778-A752-4FF9-A9AD-01FD9B302213.jpg

Looks like you did the same as me and only ordered one set of the differential nut and screw set . Will add another’s next time I want to bulk up an order!!

haven’t started building yet so can wait.

12 hours ago, Goudar said:

@jonboy1 @Kol__ Yep thats it ! She sitted for a long time on local auction website (2020/09) with wrong spelling in the title. I found 4 months ago his auction page, last days I take my chance and sended a message to the owner.

I scored this one for 160€, I'm pretty happy, I would remember for a long time this trade.

No box but manual ! She seems in pretty good condition, no parts damaged. Can't wait to work on this lovely beauty.

W8H6EIH.jpg

Honestly I think this is just Tamiya perfection. Out of all the cars/buggies/trucks I've got, this is the one I find myself staring at longest and with the biggest smile. Really hope you enjoy it as much as me, and please keep us updated on the rebuild.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Goudar said:

W8H6EIH.jpg

Very, very nice 👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Goudar said:

W8H6EIH.jpg

Ah that's gorgeous. Always wandered why people preferred the Kingcab tbh as this is just miles better looking. I would run it like that for a few packs before working/restoring it. 👍

James

• Like 1

Not finding it easy to do rc stuff at the moment I needed something I can do on a tray and easily move around

2BDCAEAB-A68E-400F-87B8-5092A605B8F6.thumb.jpeg.c862417653ff5e38ef4b38007562ba2a.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, InsaneJim69 said:

Ah that's gorgeous. Always wandered why people preferred the Kingcab tbh as this is just miles better looking. I would run it like that for a few packs before working/restoring it. 👍

James

Yeah no doubt, way better then King Cab version.

Previous owner send me two Nimh batteries, I may give it a run with stock electronics.

• Like 1