backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

On 1/7/2022 at 11:51 AM, simalarion said:

Matteo’s got one, then you know you will get some great filming :)

I got the Honda NSR version when they first came out but I really like that Suzuki one because it looks one of my old bikes..

E0B59071-4C9F-458B-8FAE-C532B8EE9AE7.thumb.jpeg.ed0bce4beba4f5d2a46c2711251ace7c.jpeg

• Like 3

I got the Honda NSR version too when they first came out but I really like that Suzuki one because it kind of looks like one of my old bikes..

1992_RGV250_blk_side_520.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

More ‘stuff’ including some shocks for my next GF01 build, the Frog universal sets for my Wild Ones, black hardware for my Clod make-over and servo and ESC. Oh, and more decals ;)

89434385-E2D6-423A-90F3-42A8B6C0341D.thumb.jpeg.7bd60f251fa8f374085c3020b862b8d5.jpeg

• Like 3

This...:unsure:

Z2sMdjp.jpeg

Luckily nothing was actually damaged inside and my order from JK-RC was somehow safe and sound!:)

• Sad 3

Rescued a Blazer from a gentleman's loft....

The owner was a 77 year old RC Plane Enthusiast who built the Blazer back in 1982 as his first RC but never bothered with it as he much preferred flying. It sat in the loft for 40 years untouched after a couple of runs.

The tyres are shot, rear lights missing and the face has probably ended up in loft insulation somewhere? :lol:

0740-AB6-E-C5-D6-4-CCC-A18-C-B60-A2-CF5-

• Like 12

51 minutes ago, 53HRA said:

The tyres are shot, rear lights missing and the face has probably ended up in loft insulation somewhere? :lol:

0740-AB6-E-C5-D6-4-CCC-A18-C-B60-A2-CF5-

Clearly @53HRA you should retro fit one of these 80's gems instead of his actual face;)

1J5WEBJ.jpeg

• Haha 1

Got a surprise delivery today, lipo from HobbyKing delivered by Royal Mail, which had always been a strict nono. I had in the past, NiMHs, ESCs being opened for inspection and mistakingly sent for destruction. Oh, also some 1050s, perfectly legal though. 

spacer.png

And I especially love the signed declaration. 

spacer.png

Which is a straight up lie. 

• Sad 1

Did you know it was coming by RM? Isn’t that a bit risky knowing your situation?

A cheap DVD because I love the BTCC series. 
Bullet connectors and sleeves as I don’t have any. 
image.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Did you know it was coming by RM? Isn’t that a bit risky knowing your situation?

No I don't. In fact it is supposed to come by DPD, but I suppose it got palmed off to RM somewhere along the way. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Grumpy pants said:

image.jpg

I do love a bit of classic BTCC 😍👍 😉

QxNIiIV.jpeg

James.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

No I don't. In fact it is supposed to come by DPD, but I suppose it got palmed off to RM somewhere along the way. 

spacer.png

But if they had destroyed it who would have been responsible? Cos you arranged a legal way of doing it but somebody obviously changed the arrangements??

42 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

But if they had destroyed it who would have been responsible? Cos you arranged a legal way of doing it but somebody obviously changed the arrangements??

Simple answer? PayPal buyer's protection will probably be the protection for me. The tracking number provided to me don't seem to work on DPD website or 17track. In fact, now thinking about it, it had never entered DPD stream as it is postmarked with Belgium Post. 

But back to your question, under UK (and EU I believe) law, seller is responsible until it is actually delivered to the buyer. During transit, it is still seller's responsibility as it is (usually) the seller that chose the shipping method and enters into a contract with the shipping company (as seen by the signature on the disclosure form). 

10 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

image.jpg

Where did you get the bullet connectors from? Looks like a great way to buy them

2 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Where did you get the bullet connectors from? Looks like a great way to buy them

eBay JG 👍

0523-EE75-9-FAB-4-DE8-B9-A7-85191-EDFB2-

• Like 1

Thanks to the bunch up with the mail service, I am getting PJ deliveries once after another now. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zealot said:

Bits for the Alfa...

20220112-170623.jpg

Alfa? So the M-06 chassis? You only need one set of the ball shaft, on the rear. Don't think they work on the front. On the rear, I find they with 3 degrees hubs, the wheel interfere with the shocks. Something to be aware of if you decided to use that rear hubs. 

spacer.png

The rear carbon stay is a good idea, the stock one flexs too much for my liking. 

6 minutes ago, M 800STD said:

@Juhunio  You say fibber, I say good lad.  Gifted as well.

Oh, agreed! 

27 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Alfa? So the M-06 chassis? You only need one set of the ball shaft, on the rear. Don't think they work on the front. On the rear, I find they with 3 degrees hubs, the wheel interfere with the shocks. Something to be aware of if you decided to use that rear hubs. 

spacer.png

The rear carbon stay is a good idea, the stock one flexs too much for my liking. 

Yeah, I know, I downloaded the manual and looked at all the shafts before I ordered that stuff, I just decided to grab a (likely to be uneeded) spare set anyway.

Thanks for the tip on the hubs. I had a brief look at them when I ordered the bits that arrived with the car and the other order and decided not to buy them at that stage. I was more likely to run stock, at least at the rear, so your info only helps to confirm that. Cheers!

And I certainly am a sucker for carbon, be it practical or just for show.

77C71556-CAEF-4F2E-913D-81CA39847A71.thumb.jpeg.65a07d5902076fe4a91f5008e7c50910.jpeg

these little beauties turned up today. I have to say the packaging was superb. Each one was in an individual quality envelope and each pair were in a further hard backed envelope. Those in turn were inside a bigger hard back envelope. This kind of care transfers to the quality of the product. The guy that produced them is rightly proud of his handiwork.

• Like 4