backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

12 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Phew!

Any tips or things to look out for? 

The bonnet decal was a bit awkward so plenty of soapy water😉👍

• Thanks 1

Another Tamico box. :D Some extra springs for my turbo optima build I wanna start (although I'm still missing the blue spur and universals) and a 33T pinion (70% reduction!) Also some tires for my TA-03RS and a new HCT and Sand Scorcher driver for future projects. 

20220308_215552.jpg

20220308_215511.jpg

20220308_215444.jpg

20220308_215603.jpg

20220308_215613.jpg

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, naturbo2000 said:

I needed a cap for the TTC cover Owen from Revive RC sent me.

@Kol__ - just in case, you understand?

_20220309_004512.JPG

Lol, oh look at that, you now also have the Super Astute front and rear battery holders and brace. Looks like the chassis swap is gonna happen mate;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, naturbo2000 said:

Still pretending I'm not doing it.

Xtra-Speed chassis should do it !

• Like 2

I got some friends on other forums impatient to know about N2 and N3 :-) so I have to post about that...

So this morning, I got a first delivery at home. In the two boxes there was :
1. In the first box there was a Marui Ninja coming from Germany . Driver and MSC missing, Body is bad state but chassis seems in good condition. The rear gearbox have an issue, but that doesn't bother me too much. I'll have to check that out. The tires are in a good condition. (I don't repost the picture, you already seen it).
2. In the second box there was a Marui Shogun coming from Romania : more work required to complete it, and some missing parts. Rear wheels and tires in good condition, and broken rims in front. But hey, it's the most rare of the Marui cars : a Shogun warrior. That should keep me busy for some time (after my other in progress projects). I'll probably open one single thread for the two cars are they are sharing a lot together.
FHKfViH.jpg

Later on I had to fetch a box to one the relay nearby. It was coming from France.  On guy asked me for an estimation few weeks back, looking at the photos I gave him an honest estimation. He asked me if I was interested : I could not say I was not, but I told him : it's a pity, I like it, I would be ready to offer this price, but not before beginning of March. That was early February...
He told me he would wait for me to be ready, and later people confirmed my estimation on the thread the guy was asking what was the car... He asked me two weeks later if I was still interested, and I firmly tell yes I am. I bought it last Saturday. It arrived today...
And it's...

Another Marui warrior. My favorite. A Samurai
cFLF80r.jpg
3DoH6A7.jpg
PTADVyv.jpg

Some marks of use, but overall in good state, requiring a cleaning, and at least the tires are in good shape... one of the rim has lost its chrome paint, but it's still nice...  

And yes, the 3 Marui Warriors arrived within the same day... I may have thought about an Optima Mid, later on this year, but that idea is gone for the moment :-)

• Like 2

@silvertriple wow that amazing all those nice cars ! I'm pretty jelly about that Shogun, thats my favorite (Samuraï number 1) car from Marui. She look great with this body, like samurai armor.

Great can't wait to see how it turns out !

2 minutes ago, Goudar said:

@silvertriple wow that amazing all those nice cars ! I'm pretty jelly about that Shogun, thats my favorite (Samuraï number 1) car from Marui. She look great with this body, like samurai armor.

Great can't wait to see how it turns out !

there is a lot of work on the Shogun... And probably some parts that are definitely not easy to find...

got a package from Tamico :)

HPI Ford Mustang body, MST tires, some FF-03 carbon parts, Tamiya foam inserts, some Tamiya side mirrors, some 3Racing spur gears and a helping hand for soldering.

IMG-0073.jpg

• Like 3

Nice little package from RCMart (and it arrived super quickly too). 

RCM

"Chrome" wheels for my Wild One rebuild, Pinion and Bumper for my Hotshot rebuild, R31 Rims for the spare slicks I have somewhere and a couple of driver kits because I haven't got any and wanted to see what they were like for a couple of custom build I'm currently doing. 

• Like 4

Today the postman brought me a Sand Scorcher body kit that i will making parts for to go onto my tt02b.

A tentatively planned bit for it is to leave the sun roof open and make a FPV camera holder that will snap in for an easily removable drivers point view, hopefully there is enough vertical space for it, i think it should be fine tho as the stock bodies for tt02b arent very tall so with the extra height of the SS shell room ought to be plentiful.

• Like 4

Received the body shell, wing and some team stickers for my DT-02 build

NDuEdFQ.jpeg

• Like 1

31C6B68E-6B81-4A67-A722-5DF3135EF11B.jpg

D47DFDF7-97D0-4021-B61D-32D996EE91CF.jpg

I love a bit or research 🥰🥰

E10EFFE0-62A1-44AE-8F13-DC29396B4E8D.jpg

a few little bits for the upcoming 037 build.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

31C6B68E-6B81-4A67-A722-5DF3135EF11B.jpg

D47DFDF7-97D0-4021-B61D-32D996EE91CF.jpg

I love a bit or research 🥰🥰

E10EFFE0-62A1-44AE-8F13-DC29396B4E8D.jpg

a few little bits for the upcoming 037 build.

Just read the bottom of the delta picture, in 1980 a 1.5l Delta would set you back £4,995 including taxes!!!

it’ll cost you that now just fill the tank🙁

• Haha 1

Just got the RC4WD "Bandit" grille for my Grand Hauler, and window kit for the Aeromax roof spoiler!

• Like 1

This arrived today. I really have to stop buying old RCs but how could I say no. The postage actually cost more than the truck...

Unimog

It's actually not in quite as good condition as it might look in this picture which is fine as I intend to do some customisation and try to fit it on to a new chassis. 

• Like 2

Not Tamiya, but a couple of volantexrc 791-1 65cm rc yachts. I live a few hundred metres to a harbour (manukau harbour for kiwis out there) and a friend down the road has been talking about rc yachts for a few years, so we got these. Should be fun

• Like 2