backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

DSC_2468.jpg

Two more monster truck servoes. I have a couple of these on the CR-01 and I think standard car servoes will be a bit too weedy on the Mini Monster when it gains the MST monster truck wheels.

No excuses now, I have the body painted, chassis, servoes. Just need some time to cut down threaded rod for the steering arms. 

• Like 4

I haven't been active in the scene for a little while now, but I've gotten a new bit of motivation and excitement. I've gotten a lot of stuff in the mail over the past few months, but I landed one that got me very excited.

52001164546_bb4bacd43d_c.jpg

52001164751_4861c1a7df_c.jpg

52000153492_d70097b4ac_c.jpg

52001698645_5512ac6ae7_c.jpg

It's a 934 Black Edition. It came in the original box with the manual, and new spare silver rear gear box. The previous owner did a nice and tidy build on it. I will be pulling the green parts off and stashing them for another day, and maybe doing some different electronics. I'll be placing an order from MCI to get some decals and maybe detail out the wheels in a different color.

• Like 4

A small but crucial piece of the TA03 David Jun picture :)

spacer.png

• Like 2

On 4/6/2022 at 3:05 PM, Juhunio said:

Same. I loved building my M07-R 

well it hasnt sold as yet, so a build thread might be on the cards after all!!

The prints I was expecting yesterday arrived today...

First, some white SLS PA12 printed elements for the Samurais
xf05Znl.jpg

Later on some red SLS PA12 for the Nichimo Spirit FF. It came in a cocoon :)
Mqqi9aO.jpg

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Aerobert said:

Postman bought a driver for the Willys Jeep. It's Pierce Brosnan! 😁

IMG_20220413_180139_compress80.thumb.jpg.1b4d04dbf5beb20cbff427be1a12dcab.jpg

Haha! I saw his face and thought Pierce Brosnan before I read your comment! A very good likeness there.

For me, Pierce will always be the voice of Thomas the Tank Engine and his friends. How Thomas became James Bond is a mystery to me, he is clearly a tank engine of many talents.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kol__ said:

Haha! I saw his face and thought Pierce Brosnan before I read your comment! A very good likeness there.

For me, Pierce will always be the voice of Thomas the Tank Engine and his friends. How Thomas became James Bond is a mystery to me, he is clearly a tank engine of many talents.

Maybe it was exactly what was MI6 was looking for. A tank engine of many talents. :D In some ways James Bond is like that.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kol__ said:

For me, Pierce will always be the voice of Thomas the Tank Engine and his friends. 

🤔 Pierce Brosnan , voice of T the T!!

What happened to Ringo?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, svenb said:

What happened to Ringo?

I’ll admit, that was my first thought too!

Maybe it’s an age thing….did Bond follow Beatle? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

I’ll admit, that was my first thought too!

Maybe it’s an age thing….did Bond follow Beatle? 

Micheal Angelis did it after Ringo, after that my memory starts to fade

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, svenb said:

Micheal Angelis did it after Ringo, after that my memory starts to fade

I didn’t know that! Would be tooooo good if Bernard Hill did it after him…

“I can do that”, said Thomas 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

I didn’t know that! Would be tooooo good if Bernard Hill did it after him…

“I can do that”, said Thomas 

You mean Yosser 🤛

Can't find a head butt emoji!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, svenb said:

Lol, yep. Is this the sexiest Thomas has ever been?...:lol:

To be honest it was after my time of Thomas, I think it was that Bernard Hill chap when I was a kid. Just watching that vid there, I cracked up a bit at how seriously Brosnan takes the role, how very thespian!

• Haha 1

In time to easter I got some alu-parts for my M-05 Golf MK1. Maybe it's time to build it now. I have had it since 2013:rolleyes:.

DSC_0912.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Lol, yep. Is this the sexiest Thomas has ever been?...:lol:

To be honest it was after my time of Thomas, I think it was that Bernard Hill chap when I was a kid. Just watching that vid there, I cracked up a bit at how seriously Brosnan takes the role, how very thespian!

I think the original was actually Ringo Star!!

• Like 1

Got a couple of deliveries today. One from a fellow forum member, thanks @matisseB)These should help out with my Sand Viper basher shell inspired by @Willy iine

yjyB1HZ.jpeg

And also this rather special international delivery of fairly rare Stadium Thunder B parts in red (commonly available in black due to the Blitzer Beetle) and body mounts for the same car (mounts are also for the same Stadium Blitzer I believe).

EJdgr78.jpeg

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Got a couple of deliveries today. One from a fellow forum member, thanks @matisseB)These should help out with my Sand Viper basher shell inspired by @Willy iine

yjyB1HZ.jpeg

And also this rather special international delivery of fairly rare Stadium Thunder B parts in red (commonly available in black due to the Blitzer Beetle) and body mounts for the same car (mounts are also for the same Stadium Blitzer I believe).

EJdgr78.jpeg

The mounts for the beetle body and the Thunder body are very different and on different parts trees I think you will find. The beetle has an A frame post with a single post and two side posts that stick out sideways.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

The mounts for the beetle body and the Thunder body are very different and on different parts trees I think you will find. The beetle has an A frame post with a single post and two side posts that stick out sideways.

Hey buddy, yeah I was saying the B parts are red on the Stadium Thunder as opposed to black on the Blitzer Beetle, and that the body mounts for the Stadium Thunder and Stadium Blitzer are the same:)

17 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Hey buddy, yeah I was saying the B parts are red on the Stadium Thunder as opposed to black on the Blitzer Beetle, and that the body mounts for the Stadium Thunder and Stadium Blitzer are the same:)

You beat me too it I was about to clarify what I meant. Your spot on, the only technically the Blitzer rear mount fits on the front of the shock tower and the Thunder on the rear. Great platform all round. Good simple fun!!!

• Like 2

On 4/14/2022 at 2:52 AM, J@mes said:

XB FAV 

52001756436_b4694f387b_b.jpg

& some other shiny things

That is one smug looking driver .. lol

• Haha 4

This , amongst some other things, arrived with the very generous Mr Postman .. ;)

Nichimo Spirit FF - NIB .. never thought I'd find one of these buggys - let alone still new in the box. 

010.JPG

009.JPG

008.JPG

• Like 9

Nichimo The Midships - again unassembled.   Another Nichimo I never thought I would see , let alone own.

The blister holding down the heavier metal parts has come loose over the years, so I intend to build this one . 

I placed the loose parts are all in a zip lock bag, so all parts to assemble this unusual beauty are all accounted for. :D

022_TC_yes.JPG

023_TC_yes.JPG

024_TC_yes.JPG

• Like 13