Jump to content
backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Recommended Posts

Some Imex Baja's and chrome wheels for one of my Clod projects, love these old school tires!!! 

spacer.png

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2022 at 5:54 AM, Tbird232ci said:

I've received a lot of stuff these past two days, most of which not being too noteworthy. I did, however, pick up a random box of RC stuff off of the bay. I noticed the majority of a Tamiya Hummer, a Hornet, and a truck I couldn't identify. I didn't have high hopes, but I really wanted the Hummer.

 

52053853312_ba3eaee4b8_c.jpg

The random truck turned out to be a Marui Big Bear Datsun. This poor thing had seen better days and is missing a lot of stuff. I do have a bunch of random parts which I suspect is from this beast. I also have the manual for it. The transmitter is broken, but I may be able to fix it. This one is totally cool, but I'm not sure if I have too much interest in it.

If those tyres aren’t perished in any way, you may well have struck gold, one of the most rare tyres to find anywhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

If those tyres aren’t perished in any way, you may well have struck gold, one of the most rare tyres to find anywhere

They are in surprisingly good shape. I guess I'll need to go the Big Bear more in depth. I did find a few broken bits on the chassis, but this might be a good start for a collector.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_2022-5-9-105605.jpg.4a0eb079249327cf347dd177f78bdcfd.jpg

For my 2018 SuperAstute and Evo 

Got this too..

IMG_2022-5-9-144428.jpg.a18c65d7ced4f71992235ee82eddd6d3.jpg

So besides the decal I think I am ready to build the SuperAstute.  :D 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One parcel which I was waiting for some time arrived today from Sweden... It took much longer than usual, and the tracking of the parcel still show it under transportation in France at Sweden side and under preparation at sender on French tracking side... I had some fear each time I opened the tracking. My wife did receive the package today and she did not told me, so I was surprised to find it when back form the office...

It was within a bigger box, but inside there was a nice box
h9sDEq3.jpg

And inside the box, an incomplete car (missing wheels and central shaft, and maybe other details). And there was a lot of goodies, which should allow me to complete 3 cars (at the exception of the wheels).
mWem9k8.jpg

The plan was for this Coors to be a donor chassis for the Shogun. I'll probably missing wheels set and a rear gearbox for the Coors, but now that I have a box, we can say that I have an incomplete Coors to complete :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont know WTH this is about but i got a tiny 1" camera key chain today. i didnt order anything like this... i did order a 5 set of antenna for the Taiyo RC radio some time ago.it hasnt shown as delivered yet so i assume its on the way. maybe a small switcheroo on the antennas??? im going to keep it in its packaging and hope i didnt get switcheroo'd the seller for the antenna is based in China, the return address on the key chain is UK... the key chain address wasnt mislabeled so i got a small mystery...

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IMG_20220509_155110

Tamico box of goodies arrived today.

DT-03 bundle with bearings and a brushless combo - a bargain. A few hop ups, servo, wheels and a driver. 

CVAs for my nearly complete 911 RSR and a servo saver for my Rustler.

KP

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got a bunch of stuff the last couple of days :)

friday; an Yokomo Toyota Mark II JZX90 body plus lightbuckets, various Yokomo drift spoiler sets, Yokomo Volk GT-7 wheels and a Year Racing light kit.

IMG-0182.jpg

saturday; an HPI Toyota Mark II JZX100 body, Tamiya TT-02S adjustable rear toe set, Tamiya CVD axles, a Carson LED set and a Kyosho LED set.

IMG-0177.jpg

monday; an Exceed Toyota Supra JZA80 body and some RC-art SSR wheels. i had bought two of the Supra bodies but for some reason only got one..

IMG-0178.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully this is an easy paint job being all black👍

Nice to see Tamiya doing the body boxes again.

DSC_0263.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to Mr.Awesome himself @Frog Jumper I know have the elusive resistor mount for my vintage frog rebuild!

20220510_060058-01.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another day, another package

b4eenb6.jpg

Underguards for Samurais  by OptimaHouse and Lineworks, the coloring book by @optimaforever :)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2022 at 6:08 PM, silvertriple said:

One parcel which I was waiting for some time arrived today from Sweden... It took much longer than usual, and the tracking of the parcel still show it under transportation in France at Sweden side and under preparation at sender on French tracking side... I had some fear each time I opened the tracking. My wife did receive the package today and she did not told me, so I was surprised to find it when back form the office...

It was within a bigger box, but inside there was a nice box
h9sDEq3.jpg

And inside the box, an incomplete car (missing wheels and central shaft, and maybe other details). And there was a lot of goodies, which should allow me to complete 3 cars (at the exception of the wheels).
mWem9k8.jpg

The plan was for this Coors to be a donor chassis for the Shogun. I'll probably missing wheels set and a rear gearbox for the Coors, but now that I have a box, we can say that I have an incomplete Coors to complete :)

I had one of these they are pretty cool models , I also built a Lunchbox to compliment it

img5280_13072014183917_3_1100_.jpg

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KEV THE REV said:

I had one of these they are pretty cool models , I also built a Lunchbox to compliment it

img5280_13072014183917_3_1100_.jpg

 

Nice :-)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, silvertriple said:

Another day, another package

b4eenb6.jpg

Underguards for Samurais  by OptimaHouse and Lineworks, the coloring book by @optimaforever :)

Ow. Wow. Ordered it :ph34r:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52063544387_43a12ce837_c.jpg

Today I received this M04. It came with inexpensive LiPo, Tamiya ESC, some leaking Yeah Racing shocks, bearings, quick release battery holder and aluminum dogbones. The shame is that it has a demolished rear gear case that was very strategically glued back together.

I was looking for an M04 for a while to no avail. Now I have two of the things.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing super exciting, but will make the plastic parts to hold the wing and raise the DT02’s wing a bit!  :D 

IMG_2022-5-10-142351.jpg.e07133a7f1795bb1668dfb0bb4381642.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a NIB Twin Detonator as well as a bunch of hop-ups. Bearings, servo saver, 880 ESC, Quick change battery holder, and so on. Now all I need to show up is the shocks, towers and servo holder.

TD.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got the replacement antenna for the Taiyo transmitter. it was a pack of 5 antenna, screwed in properly to the mounting stud.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nel33 said:

got the replacement antenna for the Taiyo transmitter. it was a pack of 5 antenna, screwed in properly to the mounting stud.

Those are a hit or miss so good job. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Those are a hit or miss so good job. 

thanks, yeah those thin ones seem to be rare to be that small sized. it doesnt fold like the original but i cant fault it for that. when stowed away it sticks out 2 1/4 inches in height and 9 1/4 inches fully extended.

still not sure what the toy camera key chain is about.... LOL

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today the postman brought me four oil shocks that are going on my Sand Hopper.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DK308 said:

Got a NIB Twin Detonator as well as a bunch of hop-ups. Bearings, servo saver, 880 ESC, Quick change battery holder, and so on. Now all I need to show up is the shocks, towers and servo holder.

TD.jpg

Very nice! IMO the Twin Det is the bestest looking of the WR-01 trucks. Are you going box-art or coming up with your own livery?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Few incoming today. Few RXs for some cars first...

Then a bodyshell and some accessories for my Kyosho Spider TF3... It will be a CLK GTR, and I'm not 100% sure yet if I get it painted my own way or not. Only thing that is sure is this car needs to get ready by first week-end of June for a vintage event in Belley...
HR10lnE.jpg

Last, I got advised by a cool Australian guy that I have a package to fetch somewhere nearby... He told me : it's going to be amazing or a nightmare. I'll fetch that at the end of my day, check the content and report the long story if it is what I hope it is :-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...