backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

4 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Very nice! IMO the Twin Det is the bestest looking of the WR-01 trucks. Are you going box-art or coming up with your own livery?

Thanks.

Not sure yet. I'm doing a simple "basher body" in white and black with only the lights, and name decals. Will basically paint it like a Mud Blaster 2 with black upper and white lower. Easy to paint and easy to decal.

Later I will do a "box art" style deal, but with a different multi-layer blue. LRP Ice Blue with a flip incorporated. Not sure yet, but   either do a flip with LRP Sapphire or Tamiya PS-46.

At some point it will end up as a USA-1 with the JConcepts body and JConcepts Clod sized wheels.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, silvertriple said:

Last, I got advised by a cool Australian guy that I have a package to fetch somewhere nearby... He told me : it's going to be amazing or a nightmare. I'll fetch that at the end of my day, check the content and report the long story if it is what I hope it is :-)

First it is A M A Z I N G ! :D  
I still have no words for what is happening right now. And I need to tell the long story, as it is part of what came as a result of the Nichimo Spirit FF project for me.

Few weeks back, an Australian guy mentioned he was searching rear arms for a Nichimo FF car in one comment of my posts on Facebook. I had the link as I had a set in my ebay watch list (for no reason as the intention was to get them printed anyway), so I gave him the link... Discussing with another friend I discovered this guy was behind a Youtube channel (TRUE VINTAGE RC, https://www.youtube.com/user/Bormac073), and looking at few videos, I found them quite interesting and detailed, so I subscribed...

Few weeks later (it was about 3 or 4 weeks ago), my Nichimo Spirit FF was printed and built. And that week, that same guy, Jason, alias @BORMAC, posted he needed parts on some Facebook group as he received an incomplete kit from Europe. Among the missing part, there was some which I could help with my own now unused parts as replaced by 3D printed ones, and the broken chassis I thought myself I could not do anything with it. Jason told me he would get the buyer to pay for the shipment, and I told ok, and on the next day, the parts were going to Australia (and if I can see a nice video on those cars, that will be a nice bonus already). 

2 weeks ago, I was in the car sitting doing nothing as one of my colleagues was driving while we went back from a 3 day trip for business... And Jason contacted me as he found a car in France on ebay, but the seller would not ship to Australia... He asked me if I can help again. I said why not. Jason knew from the discussions we had earlier that I would be interested to model that car as well, and he proposed me not only to get the car going to me, but to allow me to tear it down to parts, get it in CAD and then send the package to him... I was finding this a bit crazy, a lot of gamble (specially with a seller who got only to feedbacks on ebay), but that was Jason gamble... On the next days, I helped him a bit with the translation, gave him my full details so he can eventually get it send to me, but I was kind of thinking that story could turn in a nightmare as well...

This morning I got advised (I had the tracking link so I knew it was incoming) that I had to get the parcel from the destination point (a relay nearby). Jason told me "it's going to be amazing or a nightmare".

Here is what was in the package:
DlPaqjh.jpg

A Nichimo RC Midships 443 WDS. So it is definitely amazing :-) 
Some parts are common with the FF cars, and I'll start to model it soon :D

This is typically the kind of things that tells me that putting the stls on Thingiverse for the Spirit FF was a good thing. I have the authorization from this car owner to do a proper thread, and I'll start that as soon as I start to tear the car down to parts...

• Like 5

Nothing exciting, but got another set just in case I need a 6mm instead of 5mm I got a few days ago for the SuperAstute. 

IMG_2022-5-11-143911.jpg.1460d60f08e38e58196ec7a6e2fe5c16.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/6/2022 at 7:13 PM, Goudar said:

Here is last treasures I found past month.

sf5EMiA.jpg

Now where the badword did you find that buddy!?B)

I know I'll want a Tamiya RC road car at some point. I like the look of this body and for £90 new and delivered from Germany how could I say no! (No ESC, but I'm fine with that as will happily choose my own)

gmklsY5.jpeg

My plan this summer is to spray quite a few bodies whilst the weather is warm, which means I can avoid spraying in the shed over the colder months (not particularly healthy, even with the double fan spray booth and a correct ABEK1P3 mask filters). I'll then have a nice little build surplus built up for the autumn/winter. This is one of said builds:)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kol__ said:

I know I'll want a Tamiya RC road car at some point. I like the look of this body and for £90 new and delivered from Germany how could I say no! (No ESC, but I'm fine with that as will happily choose my own)

My plan this summer is to spray quite a few bodies whilst the weather is warm.

I like that body too. I know the TT02 gets a hard time, but I think it's a great chassis. I guess Tamiya keep making it because people keep buying it.

I also have a few bodies waiting for the warmer weather. Hopefully i can start them soon...

• Like 1

Cheers @toyolien mate. I know very little about the TT-02 or any Tamiya road car chassis tbh, but it seems like a good entry level car. Looks to be lots of hopups out there as well as a lot of bodies for variety. Probably get some oil shocks at some point, not much else planned other than maybe alloy motor mount and prop shaft/cups.

2 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Cheers @toyolien mate. I know very little about the TT-02 or any Tamiya road car chassis tbh, but it seems like a good entry level car. Looks to be lots of hopups out there as well as a lot of bodies for variety. Probably get some oil shocks at some point, not much else planned other than maybe alloy motor mount and prop shaft/cups.

Yep that's all they really need. You'll love it!

• Like 1

649449BB-505C-4A07-90AD-0305010CDBD1.jpg
these turned up today courtesy of Modelsport and DPD. A 4000kv brushless combo and 20kg steering servo. Two other deliveries are due soon from Wheelspin and Fusion. The day of the Bear is getting closer!!!!

Edited by Busdriver
  • Like 3

Just back from a week's holiday to find something close to the Holy Grail on the doormat :wub:

spacer.png

I shall treat myself to a little bit of tinkering with the TA04-TRF tomorrow :D

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Tamiya_Cars_4_Life said:

Lol, I have that body…

image.png.e1989b2d9572e1d6f4289622d44e91d9.png

Nice! Looks great just sitting there on the tarmac (asphalt;)). How tricky is the paint job and sticker application? The red is all stickers yeah? Mahussive f**k off red stickers by the looks of it!:blink:

Postman brought me a new sicNme Products ultralight chassis for a upcoming Clod build.

spacer.png

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Spare wheel and tire set for my Javelin.. inserts included.  :D 

IMG_2022-5-13-111523.jpg.02be6be892715f15f19d125ae55d1815.jpg

IMG_2022-5-13-111514.jpg.76858a560c2b3acb2e423a8a767b457e.jpg

Ironically just bought this black rims with tyres so I could go back garden bashing and keep the chrome rims actually chrome I have the standard white rims in the box just thought the chrome looks better with the colour!

20220514_131035.jpg

20210806_182825.jpg

• Like 3

Picked up the parts to modify the 1986 Monster Beetle gear box to take the MIP ball diff. Won't fit just yet though, as want to run it stock for a while:)

tnUkMwS.jpeg

• Like 2

@moffman  Nice!  Yeah, mine is more for display and the silver/chrome wheels look classic so decided to just get a second set.  :D 

Hopefully the last Blitzer chassis I buy.

I like them a lot and I’ve had a lot of them, but this came up at a fair price and I wanted a runner for the garden - never run with a few hop ups.

Again nice but not too nice to actually use, like the recent Wild One purchase.

85160-C83-17-DF-4854-AA39-562-B4128333-B

• Like 10

Gotta hand it to Traxxas, no issues ordering and shipping was fast. Still waiting on some titanium hinge pins to arrive, then the assembly will begin. This will be my first Traxxas build since the 90’s. I’m really glad they started doing  Kits again and hope they offer more.

A30FBE1E-29FC-4ED5-9D51-6656460B33B6.jpeg

• Like 6

On 5/13/2022 at 5:48 PM, Juhunio said:

Just back from a week's holiday to find something close to the Holy Grail on the doormat :wub:

spacer.png

I shall treat myself to a little bit of tinkering with the TA04-TRF tomorrow :D

Wow,  where on earth did you find those TA04 steering arms? That part is about as rare to find as it gets, and I’ve been looking out for a set for a while (as well as a set of the kit standard plastic ones). Nice score 👍

• Thanks 1