backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

6 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

0bP8hUY.jpg

I run a 3PV and PowerHD servos, what one is in that tin?

Luke

6 minutes ago, lukej said:

I run a 3PV and PowerHD servos, what one is in that tin?

Luke

It's a WH-40.  It's going to be used on brake duty in a MCD XR5 Max.

I haven't used the Power HD stuff before, but it seems to get good reviews and has great spec's for the price.  Though I do hate the fact that it's blue...LOL.

10 minutes ago, bRIBEGuy said:

It's a WH-40.  It's going to be used on brake duty in a MCD XR5 Max.

I haven't used the Power HD stuff before, but it seems to get good reviews and has great spec's for the price.  Though I do hate the fact that it's blue...LOL.

Ah I use the B7 and R12 depending on application, nice stuff and black for that stealthy look 😉

Luke

ESC arrived, but my servo for the Optima-MID is still in the USPS system... :wacko:

IMG_2022-7-13-170922.jpg.d03a0be56a035ffeab6f8353c477944d.jpg

got a D-Like Mazda RX-7 body, a Futaba servo, some wheels and a spare Yokomo body post set.

IMG-0308.jpg

• Like 4

On 6/13/2022 at 2:57 AM, Juhunio said:

These rims, which I bought in a Japanese auction bundled with the slicks and inserts from a TA03R-TRF. I'll be honest, when I bought them I thought they were black, but now they've arrived they're actually a lovely blue / turquoise colour!

spacer.png

They're stamped with the Tamiya name and the 53232 part code but I've never seen them before and can't find out anything about them.

Anyone come across these before?

Fantastic catch! I haven't seen this variation yet, but not at all surprised they exist. Tamiya has produced these in just about every color and finish imaginable. Here's an array from my collection: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=137040&id=2400

I'm certain there's more colors out there, but I think most of the variations were made in small batches and sold/distributed as promos at Tamiya expositions in Japan, so there's probably not many floating around. You have a good eye ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, OCD said:

Fantastic catch! I haven't seen this variation yet, but not at all surprised they exist. Tamiya has produced these in just about every color and finish imaginable. Here's an array from my collection: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=137040&id=2400

I'm certain there's more colors out there, but I think most of the variations were made in small batches and sold/distributed as promos at Tamiya expositions in Japan, so there's probably not many floating around. You have a good eye ;)

Thanks @OCD, they are a lovely colour! I would love to say that it was my quality eye that picked them out, but it was a complete fluke. In fact, when I ordered them in a wheel / tyre / foams bundle, I thought they were black :blink:

From Japan...

spacer.png

The dampers are the final piece of my TA03F-TRF 'Bluebird' jigsaw, the Formula Motor is destined for an Audi R8R F103LM, the Dyna-Run for....not sure yet, but something, some day. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, silvertriple said:

Another car almost vritually built :-)

G3atxwy.jpg

Very impressive.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aerobert said:

Very impressive.

I just noticed that posted in the wrong thread :)

That is to say the postman brougt me a new laptop and for CAD it works great :-)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, silvertriple said:

I just noticed that posted in the wrong thread :)

That is to say the postman brougt me a new laptop and for CAD it works great :-)

:lol: I didn't noticed that either.

12 minutes ago, silvertriple said:

Double Post! :wacko:

It seems I need a new phone. That happens all the time in different places.

Edited by Aerobert
Double Post

Couple of packages I've been waiting for

New in box Golf GTI Cup 58410, bodyshell, decals, mirrors, light buckets, wheels and instructions (wheels look lightly used) 

Unfortunately the muppet sent box with no outer and lots of tape :( , why do people do this !?!

image.png.a3189f3e5c452169702602e084c22794.png

ruhvoyg.jpg

AZEfDJF.jpg

HPI BMW M3 E30 and M3 GT

Need to finish off a couple of projects before starting on these :) 

• Like 5

I'm not gonna lie... I've never really been a huge fan of the DT-03.  I've also never really given one a shot.  That being said, I do like some of the "Modern Frog" builds, and so when this popped up dirt cheap locally, I opted to shoot first and think second.

xiTbju6.jpg

Box is a bit beat up, but otherwise is a NIB kit.  I'll probably sit on it for a bit (first world problem of too many projects...), and then figure out what I want to do with it...

• Like 3

A couple of days ago 5 stands for the use of displaying motors next quest is get motors to display:lol:

1657822092335-1083831934.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2022 at 8:41 AM, Juhunio said:

Silver and Gold…

spacer.png

These are vintage, right?  No one is selling NiCds new anymore?  I sort of miss them.  They stay strong right to the end.  (I haven't made the LIPO jump yet.)

Bought an assembled but not run Dirt Thrasher.  DT has never gotten a rerelease and I’m starting to doubt it ever will.  Repro bodies are ok but not as good.  

BC46D07B-0C3F-4FAD-835E-4CBC08F84705.thumb.jpeg.13ea29c5792dda9ed7f6e3af9dba5663.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DTSCB said:

Bought an assembled but not run Dirt Thrasher.  DT has never gotten a rerelease and I’m starting to doubt it ever will.  Repro bodies are ok but not as good.  

BC46D07B-0C3F-4FAD-835E-4CBC08F84705.thumb.jpeg.13ea29c5792dda9ed7f6e3af9dba5663.jpeg

Nice find. Love the Dirt Thrasher.

• Like 1

A Carson Reflex Wheel Pro 3.

MW6Tw61.jpg

When I returned to RC last year, I got a Carson Reflex Stick Pro 3.1 as I used to have sticks a decade ago. Also, thinking sticks will be easier for my kids to learn on. 

However, since getting a CR3P myself and Turbo Racing P32s for the kids, we just took to wheel naturally so time to get another wheel tx. Had considered Turbo Racing, RadioLink and Flysky, I decided to get another Carson as I already got a handful of RX for the Stick tx. Just a matter of rebinding them and away I go! The plus is I can keep the trim, etc on the Stick tx (wife still prefer the stick) and bind to the wheel when I drive with all the trim, etc set. 

• Like 1

It took three different suppliers and several months before I could get a set of the Rock Block soft tyres. I think softer would be a more accurate description because they're still quite stiff compared to modern crawler tyres.  They'll suit the Unimog better than the stock tyres and should perform better, though.

4dMilXM.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, DTSCB said:

These are vintage, right?  No one is selling NiCds new anymore?  I sort of miss them.  They stay strong right to the end.  (I haven't made the LIPO jump yet.)

Correct, picked up from Japanese Yahoo auctions 

• Like 1