backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

A couple of parcels today!

68782AB2-69D5-4DBB-B363-F284710B5C0E.thumb.jpeg.39f25fb186b796c8f94513d810c700d8.jpeg

Bearings and sport tuned motor are for my GF01 Wild Willy build and the brushless combo is for my hotshot rebuild.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, svenb said:

Second that, must be box art🤞

💯 

• Like 2

Managed to get my hands on one of these on eBay. Hadn't even been opened. Seller was accepting offers, so I put in one I expected would most likely be rejected as an insult, but turns out the universe was on my side. 
Plans are some big fat J Concepts tyres and wheels and either one of their Ford or Chevy bodies. Got some axle tubes ordered up as soon as I had paid for this. 

SMT10.thumb.jpg.063aad9d092dd1aeb30abac44b3a630b.jpg

SMT10_2.thumb.jpg.cbfefa815a644dd1a6b6e13f71850790.jpg

• Like 3

Very nice @Mark_McQlooks like a lovely bit of kit! Glad the universe was with you on this one, that doesn’t happen often enough!

4 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Very nice @Mark_McQlooks like a lovely bit of kit! Glad the universe was with you on this one, that doesn’t happen often enough!

5 hours ago, Mark_McQ said:

Managed to get my hands on one of these on eBay. Hadn't even been opened. Seller was accepting offers, so I put in one I expected would most likely be rejected as an insult, but turns out the universe was on my side. 
Plans are some big fat J Concepts tyres and wheels and either one of their Ford or Chevy bodies. Got some axle tubes ordered up as soon as I had paid for this. 

SMT10.thumb.jpg.063aad9d092dd1aeb30abac44b3a630b.jpg

SMT10_2.thumb.jpg.cbfefa815a644dd1a6b6e13f71850790.jpg

May the force be with you!!!

5 hours ago, Mark_McQ said:

Nice!  Super fun kit... though a bit annoying as the electronics are sort of "built in".  You're probably going to want some different shocks... the Axial ones redefine LEAKY!

• Haha 1

Not RC but still a box of Tamiyas from PJ delivered to my mum's on the wrong side of the world. 

OjFUP72.jpeg

• Like 7

More boring stuff for me.. but necessity for my Optima MID.. this is for my 2nd build.  I decided I wanted black turnbuckles on this car. 

IMG_2022-7-27-110707.jpg.263ba8ee63bb73f5f4ece15286b2603e.jpg

6 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Not RC but still a box of Tamiyas from PJ delivered to my mum's on the wrong side of the world. 

OjFUP72.jpeg

Nice!  This is my first modern Mini-yonku..which I see you got one too!

IMG_2022-6-29-110937.jpg.41e9f189c0d8656c02ee057a77367d81.jpgIMG_2022-6-29-110927.thumb.jpg.80845b87d0a514697f655178d297d200.jpg

• Like 1

I got a box of parts from RC-Kleinkram for my TT-02 spec racer and KRv4.1 builds

9IiDu8h.jpg

And some trophies I need to take to a pair of my clients for a 3rd place in VW FunCup back at the beginning of this year

wMk10N3.jpg

I also had a bad day with my 1:1 car :angry:

Luke

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Wow! That’s some haul @alvinlwh. Very cool!

Plus one @alvinlwh, that is a mega delivery mate! Along with the other stuff you've had delivered to your mum's how the badword are you gonna get at this stuff back to the UK? Assume taking an empty suit case with you?:D

Also, your mum has sexy legs and man hands... an alluring combination 🍆

P.S I know that's not her hand... and I hope that is her leg... Are mum jokes even allowed on this forum?🤔😱😂

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Are mum jokes even allowed on this forum?🤔😱😂

Not anymore 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kol__ said:

Plus one @alvinlwh, that is a mega delivery mate! Along with the other stuff you've had delivered to your mum's how the badword are you gonna get at this stuff back to the UK? Assume taking an empty suit case with you?:D

Also, your mum has sexy legs and man hands... an alluring combination 🍆

P.S I know that's not her hand... and I hope that is her leg... Are mum jokes even allowed on this forum?🤔😱😂

Well, I am flying out to pick them up, along with a MST MTX-1, Kyosho NSR500, DF-02 Aero Avante, GH2 and some Gundams myself in October.

jlN3Ga5.jpg

You think "an empty suitcase" will do? I am planning for 3 extra (as in additional check ins) suitcases. I will also be picking up a Mini 4WD track, or two, while I am out there, and meeting up with fellow member OoALEJOoO at the Tamiya showroom, which may mean even more purchase. 

I will pass on the compliments about her, although I think there might be a dog in there somewhere, so not really sure who's limbs you are referring to... 😏

PS: that IS her hand BTW. 😆

• Haha 1

Today the postman brought me:

Four sand scorcher paddle tires, going on my sand hopper and scorched dt02 as i stole the rears off those to put on my TT02 Desert Scorcher.

And two sand scorcher body kits so each of my chassis will have its own.

One of the shells will be going on the Desert Scorcher, will be filling in the side view mirror holes and painting it reminiscent of an Afrika Korps beetle.

The gray shell ive already painted is going back to the Scorched DT02.

Not certain whats going on the Beetlebox or Sandhopper, both those chassis have mounts for the Monster Beetle shell i have, which is still red with the window trimmings painted black.

Need to make Scorcher shell mounts for one of them, might leave the red one on the Sandhopper and paint the last Scorcher shell black to go for an all blacked out Beetlebox.

A couple of days ago the postman brought me: cvds for the Desert Scorcher.

• Like 1

Today I came home to deliveries of vintage sticker sheets which should set me up for the next few custom builds. Let the unknown commence...:ph34r:

6e5iXPb.jpeg

@alvinlwh that’s a seriously good haul you’re going to have. Though if you are going to the Tamiya showroom surely you won’t be leaving empty handed. Another suitcase or five needed ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Today I came home to deliveries of vintage sticker sheets which should set me up for the next few custom builds. Let the unknown commence...:ph34r:

6e5iXPb.jpeg

Nice!

I keep seeing ‘vintage’ racing livery on TD2 and TD4 builds which look awesome. I can imagine the Parmalat and Castrol looking great on a number of ‘modern’ buggies.

Someone must have done it already but I reckon a Nigel Mansell era Williams livery would look very cool.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

I keep seeing ‘vintage’ racing livery on TD2 and TD4 builds which look awesome.

Oh nice, got any links, these sound interesting 👍

35 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Oh nice, got any links, these sound interesting 👍

Will dig some out.

MrHopup on insta just built a cool looking TD2 based on the 1960’s Honda. Simple but effective:

3E874198-82E9-4295-BD53-A817A3DA5F9C.jpeg.00b91085ee1d30a440134bcb8ec95f44.jpeg

And this guys work is always great:

2B3F3DF8-3930-4EEE-B8BC-CE7628FA0757.jpeg.c61c08ebbbe543271791567ed50197d9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GeeWings said:

@alvinlwh that’s a seriously good haul you’re going to have. Though if you are going to the Tamiya showroom surely you won’t be leaving empty handed. Another suitcase or five needed ;)

Well... Here is the thing, fellow member OoALEJOoO checked out the prices at the showroom for me and believe it or not, RC kits are cheaper in the UK! At least until inflation hits the retailers.

However, I think for hop ups, it should be cheaper out there, UK prices for them is just ridiculous. Also, Mini 4WD is not a thing here, so I may pick some more up. And Gundam too. 😁

• Like 2

5 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

However, I think for hop ups, it should be cheaper out there, UK prices for them is just ridiculous.

Since getting back into the hobby 10 months ago now, I have honestly reached the point where I am offended by the prices that UK sellers charge for hopups and spare parts. The prices are so high that they are seriously taking advantage of people imo.

Plus the cheaper prices that we can get from retailers abroad, but not actually direct from Tamiya, really are very cheap. Imagine how cheap they are if you are working with Tamiya as an official supplier of their parts for the UK - those guys, not mentioning any names, must pay absolute pennies for stuff mark some of it up by like 500% or more.

• Like 1