backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Delivery from RC Jaz, first time with them and very happy all in all.

Big bore front aeration shocks to go with the previously acquired rears for my DB01 build, now just need the frickin' springs! Also, option of yellow wheels to go with the black and pink options I've already picked up.

Finally a couple of Avante driver cockpits for a couple of non Avante builds;)

idvGXJr.jpeg

• Like 4

Today the postman brought me: An unexpected rere Sand Scorcher shell??

Got a message earlier say id be receiving two packages today, had no idea what it might be, then another message saying one of them had been delayed.

Then a package containing a rere Scorcher shell arrived, im guessing the one that got delayed is yet another one.

The reason for this guess is that i was out of town and unable around to receive two sand scorcher shells a couple of weeks back.

I notified the sender before going out of town that i would be away and asked that the delivery should be delayed, was notified that it wouldnt, saw delivery attempts for two or three day while i was away, was notified the delivery had been cancelled and returned to sender.

Checking my bank account ive not been refunded for the cancelled delivery of two rere sand scorcher shells so ive got get on that and see if i can these returned and refunded :/

• Confused 1

A new Hobbywing 1080 

B4E052C7-FC08-4D06-A914-43386F0D2181.jpeg.b822da5a1c29673a8c1883fdb75ded7b.jpeg

BB0D7AE0-8CBF-4CB8-96D4-B00E7BC3FC58.jpeg.da489833d77e5f6195c4369d45cda4d5.jpeg

and also picked up this used Combo. Couldn’t resist as the price was good, I know it’s hardly been used and I’m always short a motor or ESC so I’m trying to build a small stockpile!

• Like 3

On 8/2/2022 at 12:15 AM, Juhunio said:

Couldn't resist...

spacer.png

Oh, that looks amazing. Nice find.

• Like 1

Great service from JK as usual. £89.99 and delivered in 3 days. Now I can order my Frog. 

920EGqY.jpg

Any interest in a build thread? 

EDIT: Ops, was so excited that I uploaded the back of the box. Here is the front. 

UuW31h9.jpg

And the features of the chassis/kit. 

uXz2UCB.jpg

zwaFzp1.jpg

• Like 4

On 8/1/2022 at 3:15 PM, Juhunio said:

Couldn't resist...

spacer.png

Nice one! I only managed to get a 1/24 one. 

Q0vcQLm.jpeg

• Haha 1

New air purifier dedicated to my pretend RC shop.   It’s an oversized capacity for my little room, but since my main issue is plasticard dust, the extra capacity is welcome.  

I’ve been using the same model in the second floor hallway and it’s been great.  The 3 stage filter lasts 4-6 months (or longer) depending on usage.  

IMG_2022-8-3-133754.jpg.28065cd97592aacbb4ba64028933312a.jpg

Size comparison next to my cajon.. it’s a small unit but powerful. 

IMG_2022-8-3-135024.jpg.a5caf59b2cfe5ecc4bb3c22457f9e174.jpg

• Like 3

I was due a package yesterday but I was going to be out so used the RM app to change delivery to today. Alas, the ability to track the package has now disappeared.

Postie appeared as I was typing - nothing on the van for me today so I won't be making up any steering links this afternoon :(

EDIT: so today not one but two packages arrived from Modelsport. Unfortunately, I was out so they spent most of the day on the front step! I'll open them up in the morning to see what has made it here.

• Sad 1

I got these to act as a helping hand when I’m soldering.

440F2EC0-BA6C-45D8-83A1-E31AFE9F3D83.jpeg.ad2e609d31daa0d88ec1702c7791242c.jpeg

You get what you pay for they say; these were cheap and they seem rubbish! I think I will return them.

I also got a skin tone paint set and some brushes. The paints were on offer so too good to turn down ;) 

8750ABFB-6336-44A5-8578-7AE327E75496.jpeg.e11be3173c70142a88d2f5ebcc001287.jpeg

• Like 3

Some pieces to make progress with my Mini Monster build.

DSC_3045.jpg

Rod and ball ends so I can make upper links, servo savers so I can then also make steering links. Wheels and foams (which will probably go on Monster Mutt Dalmation) but tyres are still on back order 

• Like 2

I know it's not a new re-re, but I've had it on pre-order since February

y4mLu7cJgdT2RSvguKN-gy2PK8PXacYENmC_isGp

y4m9Em1LRJRWDOmk4tYLnUVfjEgkItUvUSPOkFun

Carson ECU in the box, but I'm only going to run it on the kit 25T motor, so should be sufficient.

My plan is to build it as a custom "Black Edition" instead of box art "Black Special". I've been testing paints and have something nice lined up. Not custom enough to warrant a build thread, but hopefully something for the gallery.

• Like 6

Got a new, partially assembled 801xt that is ready to be converted to electric. Missed out on the $99 sale from Tamiya almost a decade ago, but I feel lucky to have found this for a very decent price. 

E69355C2-BA7B-4265-BFB6-590C23C515C1.jpeg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, GeeWings said:

You get what you pay for they say; these were cheap and they seem rubbish! I think I will return them.

I’ve got one of those. It’s actually been really useful for allsorts, painting, soldering and holding things whilst glueing. Not really used the mag glass attached to it but use it separately to read the small print!!!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

I’ve got one of those. It’s actually been really useful for allsorts, painting, soldering and holding things whilst glueing. Not really used the mag glass attached to it but use it separately to read the small print!!!

With Mine the fixings just won’t stay tight. As soon as you move any of the parts it just goes loose. It’s also very fiddly. I will get a different one I think.

• Sad 1

recently i got a spare TA02 chassis tub. i sort of went too fast in screwing the m3 machine screws on the manta build. i managed to use the first tub on the manta but it always irked me that i knew the threads were a bit stripped. didnt want to pay +$60 on eBay or whatever so i snatched one up on RC mart when they got into stock.

4 hours ago, nel33 said:

recently i got a spare TA02 chassis tub. i sort of went too fast in screwing the m3 machine screws on the manta build. i managed to use the first tub on the manta but it always irked me that i knew the threads were a bit stripped. didnt want to pay +$60 on eBay or whatever so i snatched one up on RC mart when they got into stock.

Nice one picking up the new chassis. You could tap the screw holes on this new tub with a 3mm tap, then there's no risk bud👍

5 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Nice one picking up the new chassis. You could tap the screw holes on this new tub with a 3mm tap, then there's no risk bud👍

yep, thats the plan though im probably going to use self tappers first then  try the M3 screws. they seem to be a bit to tricky for me, the heat created that affects the plastic. machined screws into some metallic base is so much easier providing you dont cross thread. im a nervous wreck when im messing around with the machined threads...

This beauty...

spacer.png

In a slightly odd twist, the seller also threw in a set of rims and tyres. It's odd a) for the generosity and b) because they're not actually the rims for this shell, they're the 19335209 rims for the Rally Beetle and the new M06 Jagermesiter Alpine

All 'as new' except two of the rims have been sprayed a quite nice pale gold colour

spacer.png

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

This beauty...

spacer.png

In a slightly odd twist, the seller also threw in a set of rims and tyres. It's odd a) for the generosity and b) because they're not actually the rims for this shell, they're the 19335209 rims for the Rally Beetle and the new M06 Jagermesiter Alpine

All 'as new' except two of the rims have been sprayed a quite nice pale gold colour

spacer.png

Slicks as well !!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Slicks as well !!!

Yeah! They look well on those rims I reckon 😀

Oooops 😳 Double delivery day....Mrs J's getting a bit twitchy 🫣

Hop Ups for the XV-02. Just need an XV-02 now....

spacer.png

And a set of rims for Mr @svenb 😁

spacer.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Oooops 😳

And a set of rims for Mr @svenb 😁

spacer.png

Brilliant 👍