backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

DPD brought me some goodies 00634D9F-DD48-4461-A50D-3703BE807D9F.jpg

A quad charger for Lipo/NiMh ( does balance charge but not storage charge, have to use my other one for that)  some PS19 Camel yellow and PS4 blue for the Europa, some PS16 x 2 for the non Jäegermeister A110, some Core RC black and Metallic Graphite and finally some 5 spoke wheels for the A110. Not the correct ones but better I think than the reused Beetle Rallye/Fiat/Europa etc etc!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ImALlama said:

36E93772-E8EF-4CC4-90AB-A17757D27D8E.thumb.jpeg.aff9551c677a1826abb788fe272eec65.jpeg

I got one too! 😁

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ImALlama said:

36E93772-E8EF-4CC4-90AB-A17757D27D8E.thumb.jpeg.aff9551c677a1826abb788fe272eec65.jpeg

I got one too! 😁

My recent insomnia-induced purchase arrived. 

DSC_3048.jpg

No customs hit, possibly as the value was marked waaay down.

I think that is everything for my TD4 build now though I have a feeling that I am short a diff but cover upgrade. Though maybe I don't need it if I am deleting the ball diffs?

Now, when to build? I will probably save the chassis build for the autumn/ winter but it would be good to have the body done (if the humidity goes down).

• Like 3

Shouldn't have done this... but it came up at a price I thought was good considering the rarity:
lO2sOSt.jpg?1

And the part that should tell you all exactly what it is:
p59OVWr.jpg?1

TRF211XM :o

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Sgt.Speirs said:

693b9012-93b6-46bf-97civj.jpeg

Parts for future projects 🫣

The TA03s keep on rolling!

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

The TA03s keep on rolling!

It's O3 season 

• Like 1

DB01 parts arrived now.  The TRF Aeration dampers and alloy F&R suspension mounts.  This was supposed to be a box stock build, but you know.

Now I'm just waiting on the double slipper and the SkyRC TS120 to arrive and then it can be built to its final spec with a spare 8.5T motor.  Depending how this weekend goes I may set it up with a 1060 and SuperStock TZ which should be fine without the slipper, and then I'll at least get to run it.

• Like 3

Just arrived. Never really into Thunder Shot both in RC and Jr realm but this clear special looks cool, nice wheel too. That Avante Mk.III Azure body is from HK special set but I only get the body set because I'm curious with that carbon pattern polycarbonate body. The full set has same chassis as Thunder Shot Mk.II anyway so I can use the body interchangeably.

20220810_130507.jpg

• Like 1

Two sets of elusive K Parts (in black 😁) for TA03 projects, a TA03 rear body mount brace and a spare FF03 bumper so I can hack away at mine to make the 306 shell fit 🫣

spacer.png

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

This was supposed to be a box stock build, but you know.

I guess accidents just happen, right? 😂

• Haha 1

From TTM, paints. Now I can get on with the LRP Twister Buggy shell. 

One thing I just noticed is that the Absima paint are bigger than the Tamiya ones, at a lower price. (150ml vs 100ml)

BaadtBl.jpeg

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

From TTM, paints. Now I can get on with the LRP Twister Buggy shell. 

One thing I just noticed is that the Absima paint are bigger than the Tamiya ones, at a lower price. (150ml vs 100ml)

BaadtBl.jpeg

That’s the same for Core RC paint. I know some members have had issues with them but the only paint jobs I’ve had go wrong were when I used Tamiya paint!!!

7 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

That’s the same for Core RC paint. I know some members have had issues with them but the only paint jobs I’ve had go wrong were when I used Tamiya paint!!!

Thing is, not many sellers will send spray to me. So I can only buy what TTM sells, so never tried Core RC stuff before... 

2 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Thing is, not many sellers will send spray to me. So I can only buy what TTM sells, so never tried Core RC stuff before... 

Yes that must be a problem. The price you pay for living somewhere beautiful.. I’m lucky as Modelsport stock it and DMS racing also do. They are only 3 miles from me so I can click and collect!!

8 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Yes that must be a problem. The price you pay for living somewhere beautiful.. I’m lucky as Modelsport stock it and DMS racing also do. They are only 3 miles from me so I can click and collect!!

Well, there is hope. Heard on BBC Orkney that RM is considering relaxation of restrictions of items being sent to the Isles. People are complaining that they cannot get replacement batteries for their laptops and phones. 

In the past, I had TS (was not RCing at that time) sent to me in Shetland with a big sticker on the package stating "DO NOT FLY" and yet it was flown up. The postie said (at that time), they don't care. I believe after UPS 6, they care more. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UPS_Airlines_Flight_6

4 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

A job lot of TA05 / black bits. Looks like there might just be a TA05 project on the horizon after all @Jonathon Gillham 

spacer.png

Would have been good if Tamiya had done the aluminium bulkheads in black as well🙄

33 minutes ago, svenb said:

Would have been good if Tamiya had done the aluminium bulkheads in black as well🙄

I've got my eye on a TA05-IFS R, so they're plastic anyway. It's more the suspension mounts and particularly the IFS rockers that would have been good in black I reckon

1 hour ago, Juhunio said:

A job lot of TA05 / black bits. Looks like there might just be a TA05 project on the horizon after all @Jonathon Gillham 

spacer.png

I've got a TA05v2 on the go and they are wonderful kits and fantastic to drive - Enjoy!

• Like 1