backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

8 hours ago, Juhunio said:

A job lot of TA05 / black bits. Looks like there might just be a TA05 project on the horizon after all @Jonathon Gillham 

Brilliant, and no doubt this will be a TA05R how Tamiya should have done it.

The ESC for the DB01 has arrived already. My experience of Aliexpress has always been good prices but the slowest shipping ever. This took a week or so. Just the dual slipper to go now

• Like 1

Seems like a few of us had presents from Tamico today. Fortunately mine passed through the border unmolested, but the same cannot be said of my RC-Kleinkram order which has some more interesting things in it.

g9x6KKJ.jpg

A set up board, some painting supplies, and two Bittydesign Seven20 bodies ready for future Eastbourne/King of Clubs participation...

Luke

• Like 5

Some basic electronics for my upcoming TurboScorpion and Fighting Buggy builds..

I also got some M2 washers for my plasticard builds.  I'm honestly more excited by the washers.  :lol:

IMG_2022-8-13-104536.jpg.6cc666b61c4a4883c436f7d9d9c0e850.jpg

I just realized I need more servos.. :ph34r:

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Some basic electronics for my upcoming TurboScorpion and Fighting Buggy builds..

I also got some M2 washers for my plasticard builds.  I'm honestly more excited by the washers.  :lol:

IMG_2022-8-13-104536.jpg.6cc666b61c4a4883c436f7d9d9c0e850.jpg

I just realized I need more servos.. :ph34r:

Nice Willy, which particular transmitter do you use with those receivers?

• Thanks 1

Received Top Force EVO front and rear shock towers from a seller that breaks new kits on eBay

Eg1jmhk.jpeg

This is the last of the parts needed to convert my DF-01 to a Top Force Evo type spec. The car will be a basher, as my NIB EVO will go on the shelf when built at some point in the future. I'm sticking with the gear diffs from the DF-01, at least for now anyway, but am changing out the ally gears from the rear gearbox for plastic ones.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Nice Willy, which particular transmitter do you use with those receivers?

I run a DX5Pro 2021 version on my off-roaders.

I have an old 4PKS-R for my m-chassis (on road cars if I had any), but haven’t  used it in a long while as I’ve been playing with off-roaders the last several years.. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I run a DX5Pro 2021 version on my off-roaders

Oh nice, looks pretty premiumB) I need to get a new one at some point to upgrade from my el'cheapo one - it does the job, but I'm concerned about investing too much more now in receivers and then not needing them in the future as I'll have upgraded my radio system!

5 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Oh nice, looks pretty premiumB) I need to get a new one at some point to upgrade from my el'cheapo one - it does the job, but I'm concerned about investing too much more now in receivers and then not needing them in the future as I'll have upgraded my radio system!

Thanks.  Spektrum is a good balance of value and performance.  It was notorious for steering wheel spring break on the older models (which I also have that have not broken yet) so I would probably stay away from the second hand market. 

The DX5Pro has like 500 car memory and microSD transferable in case you want to backup your files.  It’s been rock solid for me.  :D 

• Like 1

Really exited about this one. My first CC02, and first real attemt on this type of RC.

38DAB6F3-3C4C-4E94-B1D8-AD7661A035C0.jpeg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Klausen said:

Really exited about this one. My first CC02, and first real attemt on this type of RC.

38DAB6F3-3C4C-4E94-B1D8-AD7661A035C0.jpeg

Good choice!!

• Like 1

V8VHwGX.jpg

From L and L, what is probably the most bizarre RC body ever, and a TT motor. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

the most bizarre RC body ever

Look forward to seeing how that gets painted.

Good things come in pairs. From FH, my pre-inflation purchase. 

M0yQAJg.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

V8VHwGX.jpg

From L and L, what is probably the most bizarre RC body ever, and a TT motor. 

a Beetle::::

Always good when the post coincides with my rostered days off 😁. Just a little something for the spares box while it was on special on the dreaded fleece bay. I’ve been reading some good reviews on them so I thought I’d give one a go…

68C643BE-C208-419C-BDCA-0A2044CBF986.md.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Always good when the post coincides with my rostered days off 😁. Just a little something for the spares box while it was on special on the dreaded fleece bay. I’ve been reading some good reviews on them so I thought I’d give one a go…

I've got a few of them in various cars. They are an excellent little servo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A tiny but significant thing...6mm cap screws so I can finally mount the motor in my FF03-RR bits-a-build

spacer.png

• Like 5

8 hours ago, toyolien said:

I've got a few of them in various cars. They are an excellent little servo.

Agreed, I'm a big fan of the Black Edition 👌

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Juhunio said:

A tiny but significant thing...6mm cap screws so I can finally mount the motor in my FF03-RR bits-a-build

spacer.png

It's all about the little details👍

17 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Ohhh, looks nice what's this deal all about then?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Ohhh, looks nice what's this deal all about then?

I’ve seen the 1251, 1252 & 1258 fitted by a lot of members on here who know more about electric’s than I do so when seeing one for 15 bucks off I thought it worth trying as I’ve had a couple of cheapies fail. The only other higher end servo I’ve bought is a Power HD R12 low profile for my M08, I’m more than happy with it but the wire is VERY short. The Savox however has a nice long wire it. Just giving myself more options for future builds. 

• Like 3

My third buggy after VQS and TD2. So price/complexity-wise I'm moving backward. My reasoning (as if we ever need one) is that I feel those two I owned are too complex and precious to be bashed around (will still run them occasionally). I want something simple, cheap, and rugged that I can put in a bag then bring it to untested area without hesitation or worry. It already came with torque-tuned and oil damper so I just bought ball bearings.

With that kind of mindset I might end up with a Grasshopper someday :rolleyes:

20220817_144928.jpg

• Like 2