backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

The postman brought me this 20220820_190439.jpg actually a few days ago but I just came home today from family holiday. 20220820_190507.jpg20220820_190810.jpg20220820_190933.jpg20220820_191005.jpg

With this underneath for the budget rally project :)

20220820_191037.jpg

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

The postman brought me this 20220820_190439.jpg actually a few days ago but I just came home today from family holiday. 20220820_190507.jpg20220820_190810.jpg20220820_190933.jpg20220820_191005.jpg

With this underneath for the budget rally project :)

20220820_191037.jpg

Nice 👌 I guess it’s an FS based on the body shell? Looks nice and clean….for now 😉 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Nice 👌 I guess it’s an FS based on the body shell? Looks nice and clean….for now 😉 

:lol: the "for now" part

Just measured the wheelbase = 257mm, that's regular TA03F I think?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

:lol: the "for now" part

Just measured the wheelbase = 257mm, that's regular TA03F I think?

Yup 👍 

Nice find in that condition within your project budget 👏

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Yup 👍 

Nice find in that condition within your project budget 👏

Indeed, just some scratches on the underside of the chassis, not to bad especially for a runner.

20220820_213520.jpg20220820_213527.jpg

• Like 1

Some eBay brass (I was told) 32dp pinions sold as a set from 16T to 20T. Cheaper to buy a set than separately. 16T, 18T and 19T for the Frog and 17T for the DT-02. 

smXYNJe.jpg

• Like 1

Received a new wing for my Madcap in the post from our very own @Muso31! It's the thicker version of the two he makes, I think 0.8mm polycarb. It seems very tough, will post some pics up again once I get around to cutting, painting and fitting:)

9Ax4oBh.jpeg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Received a new wing for my Madcap in the post from our very own @Muso31! It's the thicker version of the two he makes, I think 1.8mm polycarb. It seems very tough, will post some pics up again once I get around to cutting, painting and fitting:)

9Ax4oBh.jpeg

Hope it serves you well! Look forward to seeing it on the model :)

• Thanks 1

Not much but it got me excited. A set of Simensays' Tamiya GF01 Body Mount Spacers. Now I need to investigate which sprues from a WWII I need to put a Wild Willy 2 body on a GF-01.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JeffSpicoli said:

BHM order arrived.

41441908-3C94-4F4C-94FF-DF244BF4A25A.jpeg

Really dig those BHM bumpers but prices are a bit steep IMO. + € 40 without shipping. But boy these look so cool 🤩

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tamiyastef said:

Really dig those BHM bumpers but prices are a bit steep IMO. + € 40 without shipping. But boy these look so cool 🤩

It was quite a BOHICA but wygd? 😭

29 minutes ago, JeffSpicoli said:

BHM order arrived.

41441908-3C94-4F4C-94FF-DF244BF4A25A.jpeg

Lovely. What are the bumpers going on?

• Like 1

spacer.png

The old style 53163 spring set with the proper blue coloured stiff springs to go on my TA02 Racing Special (rather than the dismal looking dark blue ones that seem to come in the current spring sets)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superluminal said:

spacer.png

The old style 53163 spring set with the proper blue coloured stiff springs to go on my TA02 Racing Special (rather than the dismal looking dark blue ones that seem to come in the current spring sets)

Clean shoes too👍

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, svenb said:

Clean shoes too👍

That picture doesnt show that up close they actually look like a tramp gave them to me.spacer.png

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

That picture doesnt show that up close they actually look like a tramp gave them to me.spacer.png

How disappointing!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, svenb said:

How disappointing!

Lifes far too short to be polishing shoes when you can instead be spending cash monies on springs that are a very slightly different shade of blue to some other springs

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Lifes far too short to be polishing shoes when you can instead be spending cash monies on springs that are a very slightly different shade of blue to some other springs

how very true mate

the slightly different blue shades of tamiya springs will know doubt be discussed on the next Martin Lewis show/program

got some parts today, mostly for my MST drifter. MST aluminium suspension mounts, rear ESC mount, spring retainers, rear carbon damper tower, Yokomo diaphram and a Yokomo wing accessory set.

IMG-0338.jpg

Got the new kicks for my Optima Mid build today. They are the repro Kyosho OT-66 tires from Marwan RC. I've heard wonderful reviews about these and I gotta say, they look and feel absolutely excellent... all the way to the proper vintage tire smell and yes, the Bridgestone logo is there ;) can't wait to see them mounted and with the sidewall lettering properly done.

20220818-204743.jpg

They do smell delicious. I spent the past couple hours breathing them in 🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Got the new kicks for my Optima Mid build today. They are the repro Kyosho OT-66 tires from Marwan RC. I've heard wonderful reviews about these and I gotta say, they look and feel absolutely excellent... all the way to the proper vintage tire smell and yes, the Bridgestone logo is there ;) can't wait to see them mounted and with the sidewall lettering properly done.

20220818-204743.jpg

They do smell delicious. I spent the past couple hours breathing them in 🤣

Hummm, so they would most likely fit a Javelin to then? Mine are starting to split 🤔