backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Not delivered but picked up, latest eBay purchase. In really good condition, hardly any use, but no Vectra bodyshell. Will be stripped/washed/rebuilt ready for when i get round to finishing a bodyshell for it :) May be time to face 1 of the many Team C bodyshells i have, thinking Honda Accord PIAA ....

2a8WoGu.jpg

4VzUfPH.jpg

qBlfIMG.jpg

• Like 8

Got the driver  f̶i̶g̶u̶r̶e̶ doll for my upcoming Optima Mid build. It's going to be a tight fit for sure, but I'm positive that after some extra trimming it's going to fit

20220825-171407.jpg

For me it's the first time dealing with a Kyosho driver, the feeling is already different even before opening the bag!

20220825-171421.jpg

I'm thrilled about these extra mini stickers, what a nice bonus, I just love them 😍 they'll be great for adding a lot of extra detail to the finished car 👍

20220825-171412.jpg

And with this I technically have everything I need to start the build. Real life is getting a bit in the way at the moment though, so I might want to wait a little longer before I start cracking.

Maybe in the meantime the by-now-impossible-to-find sway bars will be restocked somewhere (?!)... it would make the wait well worth it.

• Like 7

On 9/10/2022 at 12:12 AM, Willy iine said:

@Juhunio You can use micromesh with water and get the CA off. If you end up burning into the CF, no problem.  Just dab or spray clear gloss.  GL! 

What is micro-mesh? 

49 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

What is micro-mesh? 

It's a synthetic sanding surface.  Usually comes in a stick form in various coarseness.  Amazon has them.  Basically you will want to wet sand the excess CA off.  If you use the very fine micromesh at the very end, you may not need to liquid polish.  GL!

• Thanks 1

B0D9B0BB-C16D-4C83-AC69-85F900633393.jpeg.583d30c0ff77dca9567cadcc8b385ccf.jpeg

A couple of servos, a radio receiver and the Ampro brace for my Lunchbox.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Willy iine said:

It's a synthetic sanding surface.  Usually comes in a stick form in various coarseness.  Amazon has them.  Basically you will want to wet sand the excess CA off.  If you use the very fine micromesh at the very end, you may not need to liquid polish.  GL!

Thanks Willy, I've ordered a set to give it a go 🤞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

A new front bumper for the Buggy Champ 

90FDD656-2439-482E-B96B-2DC7336DB1F2.jpg

Verrrrry nice 😎

• Thanks 1

On 9/10/2022 at 9:12 AM, Willy iine said:

For me, 1252MG for my Egress Black.  :D 

Only just spotted this… Are you going to be going with the black edition box art or going off script?

22 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

Only just spotted this… Are you going to be going with the black edition box art or going off script?

This one will be box art with an Avante driver inside.  :D   However, I’m not sure I like the gray wheels yet… I might swap those to black.   Will see..

@Re-Bugged Wow, your car looks stunning!!  very nice.  B)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

:D
hVG69gD.jpg

Awesome!  :D   One warning.. if you intend to paint this guy, enamel has some sort of chemical reaction with the plastic and remains tacky.. I suggest trying acrylic.

My Willy figures don't get moved much so I used enamel as I am more familiar with the paint, but to this day, still not fully cured. 

(my FunkoPop figures were okay with enamel)

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

One warning.. if you intend to paint this guy, enamel has some sort of chemical reaction with the plastic and remains tacky.. I suggest trying acrylic.

Good to know, thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

I would really enjoy some reduction code from TC for Tamico :D

20220913_103110.jpg

Some interiors (touring and rally), some HCT Wild Willy's, two standard (0,2 s and 6kg) metal geared waterproof servo's, some Traxxas connectors and finaly the OTW126b spur gears for my Ultima and turbo Optima build

20220913_103454.jpg

Happy days!

• Like 4

A set of micro-mesh files, to see if they can help me remove CA Glue overspill from some 2nd hand carbon fibre parts 🤞

spacer.png

• Like 3

Well, the micro-mesh files definitely work. Thanks for the recommendation @Willy iine 😀

They have left behind a slight discolouration of the carbon, but still much better compared to the CA glue marks 

Before:

spacer.png

After:

spacer.png

Before:

spacer.png

After:

spacer.png

This was the worst of them...there might still be some actual skin in this one 😂 Before:

spacer.png

After....the CA residue has gone but the process has left behind a large area of dull discolouration of the CF

spacer.png

If anyone has any product recommendations for polishing up the carbon that might restore the original finish a bit, let me know 👍

• Like 2

@Juhunio Looks good.  For the dull area I would just clear coat it with enamel or lacquer.  

I do this all the time on 1:1 car bits.  Turns out glossy and nice.  GL!  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

For the dull area I would just clear coat it with enamel or lacquer.

Thanks! Something as straightforward as TS-13?

Looks like I'm going rallying.

y4mzLmjZzhcbC86aBblRw43xAvisYtxpCWqEpq19

More appropriate wheels and tyres on the way. Still under budget, but not quite enough to include a chassis cover. If I worked those priorities out beforehand, I may have skipped the bling prop-shaft. I blame that on flip-flopping my decision between the TT01E where it sounds essential and TT02S where it sounds not.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, naturbo2000 said:

Looks like I'm going rallying.

y4mzLmjZzhcbC86aBblRw43xAvisYtxpCWqEpq19

More appropriate wheels and tyres on the way. Still under budget, but not quite enough to include a chassis cover. If I worked those priorities out beforehand, I may have skipped the bling prop-shaft. I blame that on flip-flopping my decision between the TT01E where it sounds essential and TT02S where it sounds not.

Nice choice. I'm just waiting on a TT-02 SR to build up as a road rally car.

Are you going to do a build thread??

4 hours ago, toyolien said:

Nice choice. I'm just waiting on a TT-02 SR to build up as a road rally car.

Are you going to do a build thread??

I wasn't planning on a build thread, as I'm going pretty stock apart from modding the front arms for ground clearance.

I'll collect the full set of photos in case I change my mind (same with my Avante Black Edition which I only went very slightly off the beaten track with).

These arrived today courtesy of Canada post. Not cheap but very efficient. C7F4552F-6F42-4BE3-A3B9-A35C2782C184.jpg
652E7980-2137-4671-A9F5-7055E67D6373.jpg
E1B9A0A9-DE55-47E7-991E-72105CB69509.jpg 

That’s where the good bit ends!!! The Mini Cooper tail lights are fuzzy edged and the brake lights are yellow!!! These were some of the bits I really wanted as  L&L’s were not so good. As for the Opel, where do I start? The big Old Spice should be dark blue, the others should be white with no border, the numbers aren’t included, in fact there’s a lot of errors. In fairness to Nat if I’d looked better at his images I would have saved myself some money. I have said to him that if he can find me an image of the car with his stickers on I’ll be fine, otherwise don’t know what will happen???

Also received these for my M07 build. A1604351-1B82-48C4-A6ED-4C9D5CE0F57B.jpg
D559C4AF-B058-447F-900A-5365AC3C74A4.jpg
8A2C74A7-FBDB-4F64-AD8A-B5BF8552FD42.jpgThe taps are fine though I don’t understand the wording on the label. Looks like I have just got 3 the same, which is fine by me but don’t understand second, and plug? Also from a different supplier I’d ordered a tap handle for an M3 tap. When I put the tap into the handle it disappears ☹️ Either I’m doing something wrong or the 3d print went wrong?

EDIT: just received a message from ebayer re tap handles. Apologies must be print error. Will supply replacement. Asked him to check before sending🤔

Edited by Busdriver

28 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

These arrived today courtesy of Canada post. Not cheap but very efficient. 

That’s where the good bit ends!!! The Mini Cooper tail lights are fuzzy edged and the brake lights are yellow!!! 

As for the Opel, where do I start? The big Old Spice should be dark blue, the others should be white with no border, the numbers aren’t included, in fact there’s a lot of errors.

The taps are fine though I don’t understand the wording on the label. Looks like I have just got 3 the same, which is fine by me but don’t understand second, and plug? Also from a different supplier I’d ordered a tap handle for an M3 tap. When I put the tap into the handle it disappears ☹️ Either I’m doing something wrong or the 3d print went wrong?

Doesn't look like a good mail day... :(

MCI Stickers, I assume?  :(

The Taps do look to be different... check the tips and you'll see the three are slightly different shapes.  A Plug and Taper tap are used for different applications.  Some more info HERE

59 minutes ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Doesn't look like a good mail day... :(

MCI Stickers, I assume?  :(

The Taps do look to be different... check the tips and you'll see the three are slightly different shapes.  A Plug and Taper tap are used for different applications.  Some more info HERE

Thanks for all the info. It seems the body of these taps are smaller than standard. The seller has very kindly agreed to re model me one to fit them. There are great ebayers around!!!

and yes MCI. My first real duds!!

I think the set has 2 tapers and one plug. Probably better if it had all three different types. Not now convinced they are true m3!!!

Edited by Busdriver