backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

1 hour ago, ImALlama said:

No need lol, she actually pushed me out of the house a couple months ago, now all the space gets to be rc space :lol:

Oh I see.. sorry to hear that, but good to hear you got some creative me-time coming!  B)  Congrats again on your new truck. 

• Thanks 1

Got this t-shirt today, not from the Postman but from my wife and kids as an early (I'll become 52 on saturday) birthday present:

20221007_000640.jpgMe happy! :D

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

With finding time on my hands, and so doing the Dark Impact rebuild pushed forward, (in the builds section), I've ordered the rest of the parts.

Turns out part #51251 , only is a single parts tree, so to replace both worn hubs, I needed 2!! 🤦‍♂️

Another now on order.....

2022-10-07_02-23-54

• Like 3

Radshape front and rear suspension conversion set for the Hotshot I still haven’t got around to buying yet (!) arrived today. 

C0FC89A4-40D3-4042-8C71-07280DC6AD1B.jpeg

More unpacking (and repacking) of my PJ to SG orders, this one an order from 14 July. 

8Kt6QZS.jpg

Mostly Mini 4WD stuff with 2 RC motors. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, technics said:

Poster cars in 1:10 :D

C5775635-0CEA-4E0A-8391-05988DCD4645.jpeg

9B083481-9E09-4374-B968-70A4FFE8B9DC.jpeg

D2748416-3A0E-4B4E-A0C3-A2A178FA0E18.jpeg

Nice! I definitely had those two, the 959 and the Testarossa on my bedroom wall as a youth!

• Like 1

Nikko85 sent me his modified Nikko Thunder Road truck. Really nicely done with all the toy grade electronics binned and replaced with decent servos, an electronic speed controller, upgraded motor, and 2.4ghz radio gear. This thing is quick! Doesn't matter whether it's in high or low gear, it goes like stink! Really happy with it! Again, huge thank you to Andrew for posting this out to me!

Tomorrow evening, I'm off to see Grumpypants, aka Simon, to collect a lovely looking Tamiya Fire Dragon. I plan on applying the stickers and actually using this, as I miss not having any of my runners to hand. 

• Like 3

On 10/8/2022 at 3:10 PM, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Early birthday present to myself :-)

100_0869.thumb.JPG.9da68077f3665958c654cb01d0bad2aa.JPG100_0870.thumb.JPG.e330aca024db843aed9d0100869836aa.JPG100_0872.thumb.JPG.b461ac7d382fe5d4ca11e731f9e84daa.JPG100_0871.thumb.JPG.5dd7a39d8ba7e3b02395b93bf8b45be6.JPG

Great choice. Worth getting a bearing set for it . There’s a couple of bushes that can’t be replaced with bearings. I sent drawings and photos to RCBEARINGS but they could not find an alternative. It’s a flanged bush that can’t be replaced. This thing looks amazing especially the recoil when you fire the main armament!! Have fun with the build, it’s not difficult but you need to follow the instructions to make sure it all goes together.

Picked this up from my LHS first tamiya kit for a few years lol.

20221011_132628 (Large).jpg

• Like 14

My first buy for a year or two, accidental ebay win :rolleyes:

Screenshot_20221010-193219-1.jpg.f459a7f9eac11cdcb8937dcba59c4439.jpg

Screenshot_20221010-193225-1.jpg.8f2462e30c53dc062804ba9f21dad36c.jpg

• Like 9

A Tamiya Alfa 155 touring car shell from @Juhunio

Came well packaged in bubblewrap and good quality newspaper (The Telegraph)

Cheers dude!

spacer.png

Need some decals next and to decide on some wheels

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Came well packaged in bubblewrap and good quality newspaper (The Telegraph)

Delighted it arrived safely 👍

The Telegraph is nothing to do with me though! I have a box full of old bubble wrap, air cushions and newspaper in the loft, stuff that comes in packages to me which I then re-use, 90% of which is Japanese newspapers courtesy of Plaza Japan 😂

• Like 2

The final necessary bearing for my TA03-F entry to the silver can rally build-off, along with a TA03 gear set for a different project and some lovely rims

spacer.png

The MST multi-offset LM rims are to help me get a Nissan R390 shell onto a more 'modern' chassis, while the Killerbody rims are for a purple project!

The Killerbody rims are absolutely stunning, but I could only find one pair. Obviously I really need two pairs, but the only other place I have seen them in stock is the Killerbody online store based in China, and the shipping is absolute murder ($35 😳). So if someone happens to have a spare pair please let me know! 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

The final necessary bearing for my TA03-F entry to the silver can rally build-off, along with a TA03 gear set for a different project and some lovely rims

spacer.png

The MST multi-offset LM rims are to help me get a Nissan R390 shell onto a more 'modern' chassis, while the Killerbody rims are for a purple project!

The Killerbody rims are absolutely stunning, but I could only find one pair. Obviously I really need two pairs, but the only other place I have seen them in stock is the Killerbody online store based in China, and the shipping is absolute murder ($35 😳). So if someone happens to have a spare pair please let me know! 

Purple build 😗 fancy

Not much out there purple Tamiya wise is there!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, svenb said:

Not much out there purple Tamiya wise is there!

Not a lot, but between the Tamiya drive shafts, dampers and ball connectors and 3rd party anodised hardware there should be enough to bling it up quite a bit!

The so far elusive stabilizer set fot the Optima Mid arrived today.

20221012-102721.jpg

Now all I need to start this build is... the right state of mind :rolleyes:

• Like 5