backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

I have to thank the postman, yesterday he dropped off my package in Germany and made me realize that I could use a bit more exercise...
WO1-8-11-22.jpg
For the imperial people:
Distance 34.193 mi
Pace avg. 05:04 min/mi
Speed avg. 11.8 mph
Climb 1824 ft
Descent 1830 ft
Elevation 174 ft
Temperature 59.8 F

Inside the package was a parts tree with light buckets and mirrors for a 911 GT3, not really sure why I bought it, I had it in my cart a while ago but when I wanted to order it 2 days later or so it was sold out, but as I had to have the D parts for the F103GT I recently bought, I decided to order it anyway.
F103-DParts-GT3-Buckts.jpg

BTW: Are apps supposed to tell how they feel, because the app obviously has no idea how I feel...:unsure:

• Like 4

My other parcel turned up also today. So I thought,  "Cool, I will rebuild the diff with the thicker fluid and alloy diff casing this evening, and put the Mojave back together"...

Well no. Instead of the alloy diff casing, the supplier sent me driveshafts.

Picking slip says, alloy diff casing (it is even ticked with a pen), but nope, I got driveshafts. 😐😂

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

To cater for my growing number of cars, a Flysky GT5 from Aliexpress. 

xT1Imen.jpg

mkdGt1B.jpg

• Like 1

Hi All

Had a parcel from Tamico and also a couple of of other things arrive over the last couple of days. For the CC-02 build.

Hope you all like.

20221110_144623 (Large).jpg

20221110_145144 (Large).jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, pijje1 said:

Hi All

Had a parcel from Tamico and also a couple of of other things arrive over the last couple of days. For the CC-02 build.

Hope you all like.

20221110_144623 (Large).jpg

20221110_145144 (Large).jpg

Should be quite a rig with that little lot….

Hi All

Thanks Busdriver yes it should indeed lol.

Bit more of it just came through the door now lol.

20221110_154723 (Large).jpg

20221110_155633 (Large).jpg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, pijje1 said:

Hi All

Thanks Busdriver yes it should indeed lol.

Bit more of it just came through the door now lol.

20221110_154723 (Large).jpg

20221110_155633 (Large).jpg

Which body are you doing? 

Hi Busdriver I posted a pic of it on here on page 805 it is a Ford Bronco.

Many Thanks

Very excited to come home to these this evening. My first ever monster truck and destined to be my winter bashing car. 

EB569FDD-DF6A-4AF2-9306-CB424DBE2192.jpeg

0F72091C-A02B-4897-8EDA-A38B74369BB5.jpeg

• Like 12

A $199 bronco arrived. 

kmsHaLE.jpg

It had been only in the back of my mind. But my friend sent a photo of her brother's 1:1 Bronco when they went camping.  That stoked the fire... After some browsing, I found an ebay seller in Japan offering it for $199 (free shipping). The exchange rate is such that it was plausible. And  I haven't bought anything for 16 months.  The initial batch had an ESC and a LED kit, this one doesn't include them.  It arrived in a week.  Does anybody know what's a must for CC-02?  

R9CvcNG.jpg

• Like 10

My first CC-01! I’ve always wanted one since 15 years ago (when VW Touareg was a thing). Would like to build this as a rally car rather than trail machine with either sport tuned or TZ motor :)

DE6A7366-E725-4FF1-8F86-D93167441AB6.jpeg

• Like 5

Latest shipment from Japan which helps a few projects take steps forwards...

spacer.png

• Cockpit for my Group C Jag XJR-12 kit
  • front uprights which I think will fit my purple TA03F-Pro project
  • an aluminium centre pulley for yet another TA04 bits-a-build
  • diff plates and turnbuckles for a carbon fibre TA02-W Nissan 300ZX bits-a-build
  • Like 3

208B5C89-2F03-4FF9-97B9-5FEBE558A547.jpg Beadlocks for my Deadbolt SCXii. Still undecided on tyres but think I will go for Hyrax G8’s

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Juggular said:

A $199 bronco arrived. 

kmsHaLE.jpg

It had been only in the back of my mind. But my friend sent a photo of her brother's 1:1 Bronco when they went camping.  That stoked the fire... After some browsing, I found an ebay seller in Japan offering it for $199 (free shipping). The exchange rate is such that it was plausible. And  I haven't bought anything for 16 months.  The initial batch had an ESC and a LED kit, this one doesn't include them.  It arrived in a week.  Does anybody know what's a must for CC-02?  

R9CvcNG.jpg

Normally I would say tyres but I think the Bronco comes with either mud or rock blocks which are certainly better than the CC01 hockey pucks. My CC02 Unimog just has bigger diameter tyres because it looks wrong with little  ones . There just Austar cheapies. When I run the old Bronco body I use Mud blocks with about 45g of lead in each front wheel. Other than that it’s stock. So the usual bearings, steel pinion and I would suggest a Hobbywing 1080 crawler esc. Possibly a different motor but you have quite a range of gear ratios to play around with!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Busdriver said:

CC01 hockey pucks

A lot of reviews had said that stock tires are too slippery (I should open up and see myself).  The box lists Rock Blocks as optional parts. I might have to try them.  I've never used 1080 before, is the difference significant?  

8 minutes ago, Juggular said:

A lot of reviews had said that stock tires are too slippery (I should open up and see myself).  The box lists Rock Blocks as optional parts. I might have to try them.  I've never used 1080 before, is the difference significant?  

I may have been mistaken, I thought the Bronco had different tyres, but yes open up and have a look. The 1080 is a really good esc. It can handle 3s lipo I believe and has a really powerful drag brake, essential for crawling or jus trail running. By branded from a good supplier as many fakes around.,I think it comes with a program card so much easier to play.

• Thanks 1

Delivery from the LHS

Plastic board, glue and putty to start lengthening the Juggernaut's cabin. And a nice thin saw to make the cuts.

Grease for the axles rebuild.

Enough work for a few weeks. ^_^

J4qPC4m.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 9:32 PM, Juggular said:

A $199 bronco arrived. 

kmsHaLE.jpg

R9CvcNG.jpg

Could you share the seller you used? How were the import fees etc? I was close to buying a Japan model the other day but got spooked by additional fees etc.

On 11/11/2022 at 5:21 PM, Misterp180 said:

Could you share the seller you used? How were the import fees etc? I was close to buying a Japan model the other day but got spooked by additional fees etc.

I am lucky in that the US doesn't charge import taxes.  Pennsylvania charges about 5% sales tax, so about $10 tax was all there was.  

SnUntF2.jpg

Below is the seller I bought it from.  He raised the price to $211, but it's still about $50 less than Tower Hobbies in US. (Edit: Nov 13. I see he lowered it to $200.) 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125575840563

The packaging was nothing but a sheet of bubble wrap and a thin corrugated half-cardboard. But the FedEx guys didn't sit on mine. It arrived without any damage.  There are other sellers at the similar range too. But this guy has sold 14,000 items since 2014, and his rating is 99.9%. So I figured it was worth taking a chance.  Whomever you order from, I hope you get it safe and sound for a reasonable price.  

ZQnNXcj.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1