backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

5 hours ago, Elbowloh said:

I certainly won't be ordering much more from the EU. I bought my Avante Mk2 from Japan with none of this hassle.

Oh, i don't mind getting political though. Brexit  is a disaster.

So I paid for the parcel yesterday, with delivery supposed to be today. Still hasn't turned up. So, postman has bought me  sod all today!

3 hours ago, Tamiyastef said:

Two DumboRC 6 channel transmitters with the integrated LED control 6 channel receivers + the actual LED's. And some more magnetic body holders :).

20230104_165806.jpg20230104_165956.jpg

Oh. DumboRC is a brand name. I’d not come across them before joining this forum and honestly thought it was a category of transmitters. Like phones, smart and dumb. Everybody running around with Spotify and Twitter on their 5g smart transmitters. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Nick-W said:

DumboRC is a brand name.

Yes it is. Not the best one for sure but the quality you get is much better than the budget price you pay IMO.

• Thanks 1

The first batch of parts for my Two Tier TTO2 Times Two build. The Tamiya CVAs were surprisingly difficult to track down. Everywhere seemed to be out of stock.83540AAD-A60F-4B35-951B-6E5510994AA0.thumb.jpeg.ad5f76aead9625a6f1d57d38de41e422.jpeg

Very pleased to see all the great RSR Gulf paint schemes on here. I think I’m going to go with that across both shells. 15B8ADEC-D7A4-4810-A7B0-C1C79729FC37.jpeg.fa69927e0e214980791ef00c82532a36.jpeg

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Elbowloh said:

Oh, i don't mind getting political though. Brexit  is a disaster.

Well mate I definitely can't disagree with you on that! And sadly I fear we haven't seen the worst yet! Its ****htening:unsure:

• Like 2

Got a broken Mario RC which I’m going to butcher for a custom build 

also got a few Blockhead decal sheets. I wanted the evil head ones for a black lunchbox I’m putting together and got the others as I was paying postage anyway ;) 

oh, and a few other stickers from Thumbs (UK) which I might use on a build.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Nick-W said:

The first batch of parts for my Two Tier TTO2 Times Two build. The Tamiya CVAs were surprisingly difficult to track down. Everywhere seemed to be out of stock.83540AAD-A60F-4B35-951B-6E5510994AA0.thumb.jpeg.ad5f76aead9625a6f1d57d38de41e422.jpeg

Very pleased to see all the great RSR Gulf paint schemes on here. I think I’m going to go with that across both shells. 15B8ADEC-D7A4-4810-A7B0-C1C79729FC37.jpeg.fa69927e0e214980791ef00c82532a36.jpeg

This looks fun!!!

• Thanks 1

From AT. This order took 1 1/2 months to get here.

iXxZlml.jpg

Front CVA for the girl's GH2, various bits for the Farm King, MF-01X, F-104W and MTX-1. Always love how AT will throw in some Tamiya stickers.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Got a broken Mario RC which I’m going to butcher for a custom build 

Haha, cool!👍 I'm guessing we might have to wait and see, but are you going to put the body on something a little more hobby grade?

Nothing too glorious, but a few much needed parts showed up for a DT03 build I've almost finished up...

YL5M5Bp.jpg

I've never used one of Savox's more entry level servo's so it will be interesting to give this one a whirl.

Sadly, when I opened up the ESC to mount up, it is VERY clearly a used item.  Some wires soldered in place, other wires missing.  Nothing else in the box aside from the instructions which had been re-folded incorrectly.  Used double sided tape stuck to the bottom.  Multiple cuts in the wire.  :angry:

JIzVS6x.jpg
J3Y8aQz.jpg
5aodRRo.jpg

So now instead of finishing up my project, I sit and wait for the retailer (who now shows out of stock of these ESC's) to get back to my email... guess we'll see what happens.  I'm honestly more bummed about the "time" aspect of it all... I've already waited a week and a half to get the ESC, and was sort of hoping to have everything wrapped up sooner than later.  Oh well...

• Sad 5

33 minutes ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Sadly, when I opened up the ESC to mount up, it is VERY clearly a used item.  Some wires soldered in place, other wires missing.  Nothing else in the box aside from the instructions which had been re-folded incorrectly.  Used double sided tape stuck to the bottom.  Multiple cuts in the wire.  :angry:

Jeez mate, that's pretty shocking, the retailer not properly checking their previous returns you suspect?

3 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Jeez mate, that's pretty shocking, the retailer not properly checking their previous returns you suspect?

Yup, that would be my guess.  Mistakes happen, I get it.  Like I said, just bummed about the time lost, mostly.  The real kick-in-the-junk is that I could have ordered one from the devil (Amazon) and had it in 3 days.  Instead, I wanted to "support local", and instead ordered it from a brick & mortar shop in the same province.  10 days later and here we are... ha ha ha.  Oh well, you win some and you loose some.  The shop has always been great, so I'm sure it'll get sorted.  

Edit: Shop called me very apologetically and will get a new ESC sent out.  Which is the good news.  The bad news, is that they have none in stock, so it will drop ship from the US distributor, and is estimated to take 3-4 weeks.  :angry:  Looks like I'll be supporting Amazon in the mean time to keep this project rolling...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Haha, cool!👍 I'm guessing we might have to wait and see, but are you going to put the body on something a little more hobby grade?

Originally I was just looking for a figure so I could add it to a jeep. But my kids kept saying they wanted a Mario kart RC so I wondered about something on a standard buggy chassis. Then I saw @Acommontamiyafan’s Tamtech Hornet hybrid and think I might have to steal the idea if he’s ok with it! 

• Like 1

Sand Scorcher body I’m going to mount on one of my CC01’s. Perfect winter project. Can’t wait to start chopping on the chassis!

F0F8E637-AA38-42A3-9B87-6E2A45CD0BD1.jpeg

• Like 4

First Japanese delivery for a while, containing a very nice Skyline R34 body set and rims...

spacer.png

And some tasty TA02 Hop Ups, most of which will get used across a couple of projects 😎

spacer.png

• Like 6

Decided to give RCM another chance.

meVESJN.jpg

Their form filling has improved, at least they didn't put the postage cost onto the CN22 now.

• Like 2

So, its finally arrived, my ebay purchased TA05 ver 2.

Its brand newly built, with not a mark or scratch on it. The body has been trimmed a bit, but not it looks like to the cut lines.

Very happy with the product, but the faff of taxes and charges is a pain. PXL_20230106_141705184.thumb.jpg.af5b226c141663c28ea5e3970685f3bc.jpgPXL_20230106_141652828.thumb.jpg.d1358e0ac244d3a3b59af173a08c00e1.jpgPXL_20230106_141607139.thumb.jpg.faf6a03cc92b8219e406fceaf50497c4.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Elbowloh said:

So, its finally arrived, my ebay purchased TA05 ver 2.

Its brand newly built, with not a mark or scratch on it. The body has been trimmed a bit, but not it looks like to the cut lines.

Nice 😎

1 hour ago, Elbowloh said:

Very happy with the product, but the faff of taxes and charges is a pain. 

Not nice 😠

Some aluminum YeahRacing parts for my CC-02 ! Also got a YR front bumper, but was too excited to install so forgot to photograph it.

Now I’m just waiting for the Tamiya aluminum dampers that I paid $75 dollars for, but are currently “lost in transit” :angry:.
B7A700B8-2B85-42CE-A18F-DF49E3340FAA.thumb.jpeg.5ace9d0b880a2e17c6a762b0a84a9ba4.jpeg

• Like 1

Picked up this TA03 Aluminium Motor Heat Sink at the post office today, bought of eBay from a Japanese seller. 

Heat-sink.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, naturbo2000 said:

I decided I didn't need any more vehicles, but then I accidentally had this turn up:

y4mvwdXVVM3O9vMzf2SrFZ44xjwcaannAnttmg1u

Cool mate, what body is with it?🙂