backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

2 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Congrats! You’re having quite a week of deliveries mate! 
Have to say I’m quite jealous of the Bear Hawk. It’s one I’ve just recently fallen in love with. 

Thanks bud👍 That Bear Hawk kit has taken 1.5yrs to collect in new old stock parts😅 Plan is to go totally box art, and then do another shell/wheels/tyres/shocks in a custom design. Then I'll agonise over which one to display on the one chassis!😂

• Like 2

Two deliveries today!

First is from AT via DHL > Streamline, bits for the Kyosho NSR500 and the Farm King.

IghrzB1.jpg

Then it is RCM via RM for more bits for the NSR.

b8IrlVe.jpg

Going to get busy tonight.

• Like 3

Hot Shot II Blockhead for the NIB kit collection, a few LRP motors, some pinions and a few bearings for me today.  Got a couple of motors for the collection in transit too.  I seem to have been on a bit of a buying spree of late - whoops.....

• Like 6

New kicks for the M-05 Golf and the XV-01 Lancia. Shimizu in medium and soft compound and some Ride tarmac spes. Focus on Postal Racing B).

DSC_0019.JPG

• Like 2

The elusive Green Slime has finally showed up. Looks like a mini tube of Granny's veggie soup... but if it works half as good as the reviews say, I'll be happy!

20230221-202058.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

For the XV-01. I was going to get them but they were surprisingly well priced on Amazon of all places. 

49AF0D69-C048-4A88-A529-4DAE5ECD675D.jpeg

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, lukej said:

A TRF 417X Reedy Edition 😁

image.jpg

Someone looks 'Reedy' pleased with one self

• Haha 3

Got these to replace the goofy looking A&B parts on my blockhead hotshot Don't know if this is going to be a long shot but I've measured these hotshot A&B parts against the same blockhead hotshot parts and they do measure up exactly the same I don't think the rear metal plate thingy will go on because these are rounded at the back where as the blockhead is squared off but in im not going to put that part on anyway

20230223_214615.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, lukej said:

A TRF 417X Reedy Edition 😁

What's the plan for it?

Build and use?

36 minutes ago, svenb said:

What's the plan for it?

Build and use?

It’ll become a Marc Rheinard replica, I have a 415MSXX MRE also, so they’ll be built as close to spec as possible and then parked on a shelf.

For me, racing is something I’d like to enjoy, and sending these cars out on track would fill me with anxiety. Better to race something current with good spares support and just enjoy these for what they are.

Luke

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nick-W said:

For the XV-01. I was going to get them but they were surprisingly well priced on Amazon of all places. 

49AF0D69-C048-4A88-A529-4DAE5ECD675D.jpeg

Yeah, just bought the same ones on Amazon for about £60 for my Evo 6. The spec is for the big bore dampers, but they're like £100 (and this car was completely unplanned for budgetwise).

• Like 1

Oh my wife's not going to be happy.   I didn't think this was going to be delivered from across the pond for about another week or two.   

May not get as many things done around the house this weekend as I "may" be predisposed.....  :o

AR GTA.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sogogi said:

Hopefully last package from plaza japan for this half

…of the month? Week? 

6 hours ago, Sogogi said:

Hopefully last package from plaza japan for this half…

4088251E-FCE9-4579-85D8-2E348C99E435.jpeg

I see enough pine vises for the next half... of the century :) However you might need to order a second set of aluminum dampers pretty soon!

20 minutes ago, Pylon80 said:

I see enough pine vises for the next half... of the century :) However you might need to order a second set of aluminum dampers pretty soon!

There's an elastic band round the dampers so I'm voting for two pairs being in the pic.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, toyolien said:

There's an elastic band round the dampers so I'm voting for two pairs being in the pic.

You are a keen observer! You would have been very good at the "game of the 7 differences" we had in the newspapers in Canada back in the days (2 almost identical drawings with 7 subtle differences between the two). And it seems so far now, only 15 years later.

1 minute ago, Pylon80 said:

You are a keen observer! You would have been very good at the "game of the 7 differences" we had in the newspapers in Canada back in the days (2 almost identical drawings with 7 subtle differences between the two). And it seems so far now, only 15 years later.

Ohh yeah, I do like a 'spot the difference' puzzle...

5 hours ago, OnTheTrail said:

Oh my wife's not going to be happy.   I didn't think this was going to be delivered from across the pond for about another week or two.   

May not get as many things done around the house this weekend as I "may" be predisposed.....  :o

AR GTA.jpg

Whoa i saw that from tamico. I gotta resist