backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

From 1999, but not RC. Some beginners model kits for the kids. Ordered at the start of the year, took the slow boat and got here today. At least they still offer cheap surface postage when PJ only does EMS.

7q2fI5E.jpeg

• Like 2

Ordered on Friday evening, arrived in Norway on Tuesday and came to my post office yesterday. This must be the fastest normal transfer I have ever experienced by the norwegian post. Well done Tamico,  DHL and Posten Norge B). Now I can rapair the broken Terra Scorcher tonight. I also got the parts I need to make my Nikko Dictator up and running again :TL-01 axles and Hotshot front wheels. Even though the vintage ones are still rolling even and are soft I don't wanna wear them out. Now the kids can run a Dragon chassis each (with Silvercan and 14T pinion) and I can run the Dictator together with them. Hopefully we won't crash. At least I have parts to keep the Dragons running for a while. 

Messaging1679521515484.jpg

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Andreas W said:

Ordered on Friday evening, arrived in Norway on Tuesday and came to my post office yesterday. This must be the fastest normal transfer I have ever experienced by the norwegian post. Well done Tamico,  DHL and Posten Norge B). Now I can rapair the broken Terra Scorcher tonight. I also got the parts I need to make my Nikko Dictator up and running again :TL-01 axles and Hotshot front wheels. Even though the vintage ones are still rolling even and are soft I don't wanna wear them out. Now the kids can run a Dragon chassis each (with Silvercan and 14T pinion) and I can run the Dictator together with them. Hopefully we won't crash. At least I have parts to keep the Dragons running for a while. 

Messaging1679521515484.jpg

How was the tax handling price on DHL? I can choose Postnord or DHL when order from Tamico to Oslo. 

As Tamico do not have VOEC agreement and send without Vat

1 hour ago, simalarion said:

How was the tax handling price on DHL? I can choose Postnord or DHL when order from Tamico to Oslo. 

As Tamico do not have VOEC agreement and send without Vat

DHL means Posten when the package comes to Norway. It was about 500kr. In this area (Grenland) is Posten by far the best. I don't know if Postnord is faster or slower,  but with Posten you know to which Post i butikk the package will go to. With Postnord it is random where the package turns up - other than that it never will come to the store you have selected. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Andreas W said:

And before you knew it I had healed the Terra's wounds. 

Messaging1679606854886.jpg

Nice casio!

• Thanks 1

Nice little haul from JK-RC, stuff I really didn't need but wanted!

TA03 trinkets, a skid guard for my CC01 and some rims for my Mazda RX-7 FD3S.

PXL_20230324_115048221.thumb.jpg.718d7b79992ccd4f90ed18798f3b9814.jpg

• Like 6

Got the last two in the U.S. I think.  LOL.   Only problem is I could use two more since I learned these can work for M-series cars.   

Which cars get them first? :unsure:

RCP.jpg

• Like 9

Been a long time since I’ve rc post but been waiting a long time to score some buggy champ decals. Made even better that I paid a ridiculously low price.

• Like 2

My postman delivered this today, I have been searching for many months to find these parts, I can finally restore my ff02 pug 306 and have it running, after going to rebuild it in 2020 lockdown and finding that the chassis was unusable, you can imagine my disappointment.. 

20230325_120320.jpg

• Like 3

My last car for the Legendary Series collection.. Tomahawk.  :D

I now own all Kogawa-san vintage cars (rere) from Kyosho. 

IMG_2023-3-25-141238.jpg.4092aaee782ae02a9b2c34df8229bbeb.jpg

Also paint, receiver, and motor.   I will run 1251MG for steering and a  1060.

IMG_2023-3-25-141307.jpg.295a315a70a7c2f7c7a8c3e5bb8c2db6.jpg

• Like 10

On 3/23/2023 at 6:23 PM, Willy iine said:

MID parts.  B)

IMG_2023-3-23-132230.jpg

Ooh look forward to seeing this one with black pepper pots. 

• Like 1

As some of you may have spotted in an earlier post of mine, the very expensive TL-01 chassis I ordered came with a free TRF415MS :lol:

Whilst waiting on the last parts for one of my other special TRF builds, I decided to start the hunts for parts to make this a replica of Marc's car from his first IFMAR Worlds win, and this meant finding an elusive Protoform Mazda 6. Luckily, a seller in Israel had 2, so I bought them both - never know when I'll need a second eh!

eiN1OJN.jpg
Twice the rarity...

DZUmxDh.jpg
Anyway, they arrived well packaged, but it seems that at some point in past storage they both acquired some creases and I'm wondering if anyone has a proven trick to soften or smooth these out so that they show less/not at all when painted.

Thanks!

Luke

A bunch of goodies from China today. 10 sets of LED lights, XV-01 long damper spec front and rear damper stays and fake Loctite :lol:

AB65BA70-0363-4D5B-8AEA-9FDDAF8DC3C9.thumb.jpeg.f7309bf13ed50928df34a887e707a356.jpeg

• Like 2

Well, not exactly the postman, but...
ZxXlsQW.jpg
4zdvotr.jpg
Kyosho Plazma LM Carbon Edition in perfect condition. I'll have to find some electronics to get in, add some vinyl under the chassis, and another bodyshell to be able to run it...

And someone loan me a Mugen/Graupner Mercury to model (no pics). I'll have it for a few months, the time I model it.

• Like 7

On 3/24/2023 at 5:11 PM, OnTheTrail said:

Got the last two in the U.S. I think.  LOL.   Only problem is I could use two more since I learned these can work for M-series cars.   

Which cars get them first? :unsure:

RCP.jpg

Any pictures 0f an m chassis with one?

2 hours ago, Novamadcars said:

Any pictures 0f an m chassis with one?

Can't recall where exactly I saw it but I was able to find this.  Can't tell exactly from the video if that's indeed the Tamiya 54491but looks to be.  

Just found these too:

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=111298

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=120103&id=120103

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2023 at 5:17 PM, silvertriple said:

Well, not exactly the postman, but...
ZxXlsQW.jpg
4zdvotr.jpg
Kyosho Plazma LM Carbon Edition in perfect condition. I'll have to find some electronics to get in, add some vinyl under the chassis, and another bodyshell to be able to run it...

And someone loan me a Mugen/Graupner Mercury to model (no pics). I'll have it for a few months, the time I model it.

Wow! I love these "pan cars" i think you call it? Scale 1/12 or?

The ultimate electric RC cars in speed and handling on flat tracks.

25 minutes ago, Dan1891 said:

Wow! I love these "pan cars" i think you call it? Scale 1/12 or?

The ultimate electric RC cars in speed and handling on flat tracks.

yes, 1/12

• Like 1

No tamiya today :(, but I did get this....

EC540625-74B9-44B4-8017-4F3F072AADF8.jpeg.bbb6439e4de29c0684a7e1132dc9a4c9.jpegA45E359D-1563-4571-AA72-9B21F7849305.jpeg.044d39776e258f5bbb85410e3594f464.jpeg

Looks like this will be a pain to build lol, and another body to add to the list of things I need to paint but keep putting off :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The TB05R arrived, impressed with fedex, 5 days from Hong Kong. Now to build it and get the others ready for Sunday.  Its a shame work gets in the way of RC

• Like 7