backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

4 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Plaza Japan FTW

3iKbOrf.jpeg

Nice penguin! 

A massive top-up order of m chassis parts from PJ and then two more M03s from another Japanese seller. Both arrived within a week. 

20230522-145557.jpg

20230522-145550.jpg

19 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Plaza Japan FTW

3iKbOrf.jpeg

Why do always i get the small eraser “bags” in different colour’s, are they telling me they do not like me? :(

One off these day’s i will also get a 🐧 or 🦭, do you hear me PJ!!

• Haha 2

Mrs was at work, so FedEx brings me a massive box :lol:

Postie1.thumb.jpg.154f3d46cf981db69755838447ff7de7.jpg

And inside that big box:

Postie2.thumb.jpg.4d97c74f7e4c4ab38b4653f5be8a278c.jpg

2 more boxes 6 ominous green paper bags, containing:

Postie3.thumb.jpg.b7f3e267ed35d79ed2be4246e6cc7a57.jpg

So from the bottom up:

• TA03 Aluminium Racing Steering Set (used)
  • TA03 Aluminium Racing Steering Set (New in Pack)
  • M-05 Aluminium Counter-weight (it was cheap and very blue)
  • M-05 Carbon upper deck (unknown brand, used)
  • TA03 Blue Drive Belt (£22....!)
  • DT-02/3 Aluminium Fan mount... I saw it and was curious
  • GF-01 Aluminium Dampers (oil removed...because reasons)
  • TL-01LA chassis. I know, this wasn't supposed to happen, I'm not sure what this means for my ongoing build :lol: But it was £80 and features:
    • Carbon Propshaft
    • LA Stablisers F & R
    • Universal Swing Shafts F & R
    • Aluminium Servo Mounts
    • Quick-Release Battery Holder
    • Aluminium Hex Drives (don't think these are Tamiya)
    • Some kind of TRF Damper, mounted on flourine-coated ball connectors. I've an incline that they are #53571 but sharing a high-res image with @svenb it's not certain, they look a little lighter but who knows - and who cares really, they feel lovely!

TL01 came with some rally dish wheels and semi-slicks too which was an added bonus.

• Like 12

Nice haul @ChrisRx718. One of the few RCs I sold on was a mint TL-01LA. I instantly regretted it and eventually bought a replacement. Needless to say, it wasn't mint :(

Were you looking for instructions for M05 adjustable upper arms? I couldn't find the post.

I am going to endeavour to be more organised with my spares - PXL_20230522_155340220.jpg

I have too many bags, plenty of things I could make use of before I go buy anything else.

• Like 4

20230522_155243

So many boxes, containing:

20230522_162253

Some bits to begin Project Super Falcon. 

20230522_164511

Incredible value TD4 plus hop ups. 

Plus (not pictured) Mid wheels and shell, M chassis wheels and tyres, XV-01 basic hop ups, various motors. I got a bit over the top with the retail therapy. 

• Like 14
  • Haha 3

On 5/20/2023 at 4:01 PM, IXLR8 said:

Hi "@Truck Norris", I'm shopping for a spare body and wing for my GT2 and I found your post from a few years ago.

I wasn't aware these were packaged as set AND with an undrilled body - that's AWESOME.  Do you recall the part number and do you know if these are still available?

It's 49387. Limited production in 2011 so has been discontinued for over 10 years now 😕

There's also this from a few years prior. No part number, Japan only show special release. Same undrilled body but with the black Taisan wing and the lower white street style PIAA one too.

911-gt2-body-set-both-wings.thumb.jpg.4d005f0db61943cfa7a916e5704509d4.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sogogi said:

Got some parts for my trail rig…

IMG_6961.jpeg

Let us know how that servo fits. It's very wide and doesn't always work in Tamiya cars so🤞🤞🤞

Otherwise it's a great and underrated servo 🙂

16 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Were you looking for instructions for M05 adjustable upper arms? I couldn't find the post.

That was me, although even I can't recall where I posted about it originally. I can't justify the cost of the #54529 camber upper arm set, for what is 4 pieces of plastic and some step screws!

And whilst #54182 is out of stock most places, I already have most of the components I believe - just not the instruction sheet!

@Badcrumble You're an absolute legend 

Silly how simple it is but I like to do things "properly" where I can and it was killing me not being able to find the instructions online!

• Like 1

Foam tyre inserts for the back end of our Lunchbox.

Then we are done! 

• Like 1

Not really the postman but my lovely family bought me this for my birthday. 😀

Optima

• Like 17

12 hours ago, Ministrone said:

Not really the postman but my lovely family bought me this for my birthday. 😀

Optima

Happy Birthday! That's a great present. Have fun with it.

• Like 1

From AT.

eQKAkkI.jpg

On @ChrisRx718 recommendation, got some 3R servo savers for a lower price than Tamiya's 51000. In fact, Tamiya's own 50473 is a bit cheaper than 51000 even though they are the same except except color

Diff oil and servo for a XV-01 that never arrived, servo horn for a F-103 Six and some crawler hubs for a fellow forum member @ad456.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sogogi said:

Yup. I did it

IMG_6984.jpeg

Congrats! It's a lovely build in my experience. All great materials, clear instructions and no stock rtr electronics to let you down.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

Congrats! It's a lovely build in my experience. All great materials, clear instructions and no stock rtr electronics to let you down.

Agreed, they’re unbelievably capable. What electrics are you going for?

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Agreed, they’re unbelievably capable. What electrics are you going for?

Traxxas 21T 550 silver can motor in combination with a Hobbywing1080 ESC for starters, might be changed to a brushless combo in the future if I feel it limits the car but I doubt it will. Dumbo rc 6 channel receiver with build in LED controller. 25KG Annimos steering servo, 2 x 30KG servo winches, one front and one rear. Currently installing these and then it needs some paint and bodywork before I can show it to the world :D

23 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

Traxxas 21T 550 silver can motor in combination with a Hobbywing1080 ESC for starters, might be changed to a brushless combo in the future if I feel it limits the car but I doubt it will. Dumbo rc 6 channel receiver with build in LED controller. 25KG Annimos steering servo, 2 x 30KG servo winches, one front and one rear. Currently installing these and then it needs some paint and bodywork before I can show it to the world :D

I am using savox waterproof servo and hobbywing fusion se 1900kv motor. Motor is insane… with low gear (yes i installed 2speed gear on mine), it just goes. I was running it on a blanket and blanket got stuck between drive shaft.. almost ripped it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

I am using savox waterproof servo and hobbywing fusion se 1900kv motor. Motor is insane… with low gear (yes i installed 2speed gear on mine), it just goes. I was running it on a blanket and blanket got stuck between drive shaft.. almost ripped it.

I run the Fusion Pro 2300kv in mine. The low down/slow torque is insane on cruise control

• Like 2

Received a lovely Maxspeed 230mm TA-02SW chassis from @SuperChamp82. In my typical fashion, I then started looking for a new home for it rather than cracking open the 45th Anniversary Porsche.

Then I got a £600 bill for the 1:1 so I don't think I'll be ordering a Lancia 037 any time soon! 

I should just get the chassis built and save the body for when I'm feeling brave (and have a place on the shelf for it).

• Like 2