Jump to content
backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Recommended Posts

So Postman brought me Aluminium pinions when that was what i was supposedly to replace with Steel. Picture on Ali was clearly Steel and described as Metal, sadly for me looking closer now it says Aluminium much longer down on page.. oh well not sure what to do with these as im not cleaning another gearbox from aluminium poo:

spacer.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little package from MCI turned up. I actually only ordered the Avante (but with neon yellow) and 2x 787b sticker sets, Nathaniel must've been feeling generous (either that or I hope I haven't ended up with other folks orders!)

Stickersss.thumb.jpg.e385d7f0ed7ee5a0ce7c7d8236e38125.jpg

I might put the boomerang livery on my TD2.... but it feels a bit naughty considering that's a 2WD chassis :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Little package from MCI turned up. I actually only ordered the Avante (but with neon yellow) and 2x 787b sticker sets, Nathaniel must've been feeling generous (either that or I hope I haven't ended up with other folks orders!)

He sent me "extra" decals once, for a Rookie Rabbit. When I messaged him, he said, "THAT'S WHERE THEY WENT!" LOL, as he knew they were printed but vanished. Told me to just keep them. So naturally months later, the free decals have turned into me cobbling together parts mostly from a Fighting Buggy RX and some new parts, to now display as a Rookie Rabbit, as if I didn't have enough projects going on :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, simalarion said:

So Postman brought me Aluminium pinions when that was what i was supposedly to replace with Steel. Picture on Ali was clearly Steel and described as Metal, sadly for me looking closer now it says Aluminium much longer down on page.. oh well not sure what to do with these as im not cleaning another gearbox from aluminium poo:

spacer.png

The goldy colour of them looks like they may have a hard anodised coating on them - no idea what the quality would be like but the could potentially last longer than the typical soft silver alloy tamiya ones

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, simalarion said:

So Postman brought me Aluminium pinions when that was what i was supposedly to replace with Steel. Picture on Ali was clearly Steel and described as Metal, sadly for me looking closer now it says Aluminium much longer down on page.. oh well not sure what to do with these as im not cleaning another gearbox from aluminium poo:

spacer.png

To be fair, I have used them on far more’ ambitious’ RCs than Tamiya’s and theyve been fine

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every once and a while, selling off a kit haunts you a bit.  I've had a few of those over the years, and one was definitely my NIB Tamiya Lancia 037 (58278).  I've been D-R-A-G-G-I-N-G my feet on picking up the newer 58654 TA02S variant, but finally pulled the trigger.

UI5cwVD.jpg

I'm 90% sure I'm going to swap everything back onto a TA03RS chassis... but time will tell...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other day a package came ... but I had no time until today to open it. Tore around the great indoors, conquering pillows, carpets and shoes. :D

little_critter.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The postman brought me a Yeah Racing 30T pinion gear for my TT-02R to see if I can break the 50mph barrier this weekend.  

He also bought me some Fastrax Street Rally wheels and tyres as I managed to buckle one of my last set.

I also got a pack of Tamiya split pins.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JimBear said:

The other day a package came ... but I had no time until today to open it. Tore around the great indoors, conquering pillows, carpets and shoes. :D

little_critter.jpg

1/24th scale?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some tires for Midnight Pumpkin and WW2, option shocks for BBX, and a couple receivers and servos . . .

PXL_20230921_012822803.thumb.jpg.0e41889fd162bf630447432d2c03b305.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Busdriver said:

1/24th scale?

Yes it is - an Axial SCX24 (Chevrolet C10). Somewhat smaller than the Mini behind it. :)

As soon as I saw them side by side, I was thinking "hmm, I wonder how the c10 would look like in British Racing Green?" (always the tinkerer, right?)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JimBear said:

Yes it is - an Axial SCX24 (Chevrolet C10). Somewhat smaller than the Mini behind it. :)

As soon as I saw them side by side, I was thinking "hmm, I wonder how the c10 would look like in British Racing Green?" (always the tinkerer, right?)

IMG_4404.jpg IMG_4405.jpg

I know what you mean😁

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

 IMG_4405.jpg

I know what you mean😁

Serious 70's vibe in there! :) (I can hear my wallet wincing up there on the shelf ...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GToddC5 said:

Some tires for Midnight Pumpkin and WW2, option shocks for BBX, and a couple receivers and servos . . .

PXL_20230921_012822803.thumb.jpg.0e41889fd162bf630447432d2c03b305.jpg

Are you opening a shop?! :lol:

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Are you opening a shop?! :lol:

Exactly the thoughts running though my mind :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimBear said:

Serious 70's vibe in there! :) (I can hear my wallet wincing up there on the shelf ...)

Fall Guy Stickers from MCI downscaled to 1/24 from 1/10 by Nathaneal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GToddC5 said:

Some tires for Midnight Pumpkin and WW2, option shocks for BBX, and a couple receivers and servos . . .

PXL_20230921_012822803.thumb.jpg.0e41889fd162bf630447432d2c03b305.jpg

BLIMEY!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ChrisRx718 @simalarion @Kpowell911

Honestly I'm getting a bit overwhelmed, re: receivers and servos. I picked those up (above) in the last Tower 4X points sale, on top of their 20% off - saved a bunch. And while it looks like a lot, it only scratches the surface. When planning started months ago, I thought I was going to settle in on my collection at about 45 models, with half vintage w/vintage remotes and the other half newer and re-res. Now I'm at 78 models since starting in December. Quite a few will not get run, but still. SO I have three radios for runners with 10 model memory, and they will be organized like Trucks, 2wd Buggies, 4wd Buggies. I wanted multiple radios in case a couple/few get run at the same time with friends/family. I think I'm covered for receivers and servos for those 30. Then I have about 17-18 systems for the vintage runners. Which leaves about 30 models with no plan. I'm seriously considering a shared radio for the remaining, and just swap in a common receiver using Velcro instead of tape.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small order from RCJ.

AKEjJh0.jpg

Body posts and rear gearbox B8 (the rear of the weak front A5) reinforcement for the TD.

Servo posts and front hubs for the HS2.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...