backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

1 hour ago, Yoshimitsu said:

53204071925_f7c1e6bb71_k.jpg

That looks so good… mf-01x is not my favorite chassis.. but want one..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sogogi said:

That looks so good… mf-01x is not my favorite chassis.. but want one..

Agreed and I thought the same when the Golf MK2 rally was announced. Hop-Ups for the MF01X, both genuine Tamiya and aftermarket, seem to have dried up / vanished too, like it's not being properly supported any more, yet Tamiya keep releasing variants of it. 

I can't see why the Fiat 131 and Golf weren't released on the MB-01 platform to make them more accessible and 1:1 correct in terms of drivetrain. But what do we know?!

16 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Is this what you need?

OLZDpA8.jpeg

Yeah that's the bit. I've got an order in with Fusion but I was reading earlier that they're due to cease trading.😬

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Yeah that's the bit. I've got an order in with Fusion but I was reading earlier that they're due to cease trading.😬

Drop me a PM with your address and Ill post it out to you tomorrow. Sorry didnt message at the start of the week, work was manic! Im not talented enough to do a cockpit, i found out the hard way =/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My 1st ever 3D printed anything 😂

Door mirrors for my very, very stalled vintage Sand Scorcher 🤦

Not quite 2 years on the go yet 🎉

image.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Door mirrors for my very, very stalled vintage Sand Scorcher 🤦

Not quite 2 years on the go yet 🎉

Stalled a bit, perhaps ... but still inching forward. Better get out of the "crawler" gear and put the pedal to the metal. :)

• Haha 2

This just arrived from flyingtech.co.uk - ordered around lunchtime on Sunday. I could have got it cheaper from China but by the time I've added postage and tax the saving isn't as much as I thought, plus I need to set up 20 cars before I go to Tamiya Junkies in less than 3 weeks

Compress_20230926_114533_3112.jpeg

• Like 5

The postman asked me to pay 10 euros (customs fees etc) and then he gave me a piece of plastic in exchange. Or more correctly, a lexan body, in the form of a Mini (Phatbodies version). Good to know that I don't have to show up at the customs' office for smaller items - I'll pay ten euros for that, easily! Next step: tyres and wheels for the M-05 that is going to sit underneath said piece of plastic. :D

• Like 3

When I got to work the postman had already delivered these goodies. Shimizus for the coming rbp-season and a nice 21,5t Team Powers for the M-08,  so we keep the temps under control and it maintains it's higher level towards the trusty and fast M-05 (which has to keep on beeing powered by the proven brushed TT).

20230926_154725.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JimBear said:

@toyolien - large box this time, right? :D

Haha. I'm used to seeing stuff in my scale garage as the right size. Guess my brain has adjusted to it. But looking back after your comment I can see what you mean. It's a massive Tamiya packet😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andreas W said:

When I got to work the postman had already delivered these goodies. Shimizus for the coming rbp-season and a nice 21,5t Team Powers for the M-08,  so we keep the temps under control and it maintains it's higher level towards the trusty and fast M-05 (which has to keep on beeing powered by the proven brushed TT).

20230926_154725.jpg

How do you like those tires over tamiya radials/slicks?

3 hours ago, Sogogi said:

How do you like those tires over tamiya radials/slicks?

I have yet to try the radials. I amnot liking the Shimizus. I love them. After I switched to them on my M-05 it was like a new beginning compared with the kit slicks.

18 minutes ago, Andreas W said:

I have yet to try the radials. I amnot liking the Shimizus. I love them. After I switched to them on my M-05 it was like a new beginning compared with the kit slicks.

Interesting! I have ordered some tamiya medium and soft tires.. I would like to try those ones too. But looks like i have to source them from europe at the moment

Another package incoming today... A second Hirobo 44B Hilux, with a body shell in much better state than the first one... I will be able to have an original bodyshell in proper state to compare with my own repro :-)

MZTMaHE.jpg

• Like 4

On 9/25/2023 at 8:22 PM, GToddC5 said:

PXL_20230925_235812712.thumb.jpg.4ccffb97da28a581e5c0eb656881cf56.jpg

TLT is one of the ones I miss the most.  Such a unique experience and I always thought so fun to drive in stock form.  Prices can get wild, hope you got a decent deal!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

TLT is one of the ones I miss the most.  Such a unique experience and I always thought so fun to drive in stock form.  Prices can get wild, hope you got a decent deal!

It was 2, which I didn't think was too bad. A couple cracks in the rear at the posts which I can reinforce. It's already set up for 4WS, but I'll probably swap out the servos when I choose a radio system. It's surprisingly heavy, like a little tank! I'm excited to see it next to the TXT I have incoming. I have zero experience with either one, so I'm pretty stoked.

Aaagh ... they are breeding, the critters! :D

(for the kids' birthday, this one)

Well - I think for my own part that the green one looks much better. I tried to see if there was any original silver wheels to put on this version just to brighten it up a bit, but haven't found any this far.

chevy_c10_2.jpg

• Like 6