backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

IMG_9622.thumb.jpeg.945a3cedaec9d896ed435a7cc5bc83d4.jpeg

These arrived all the way from France today. Not in perfect condition but no flat spots and they weren’t a stupid price either. One step closer to getting the Marui running now.

• Like 3

More M05 bits.

I'm going to use the front uprights from the Mo5ra to raise the ride height as its nominally a light-rally build. The rear will be using the aluminium uprights that come in the M05 pro kit.

Then YR AL universals for the front. I'm assuming I will only need the fronts in a FWD and the rears can just be stock dogbones (sorry for blurry image, my phone has a terrible camera).

IMG_20231110_135321483.thumb.jpg.5fd4f2c70385810a99b7714284b522cd.jpg

5 hours ago, Elbowloh said:

More M05 bits.

I'm going to use the front uprights from the Mo5ra to raise the ride height as its nominally a light-rally build. The rear will be using the aluminium uprights that come in the M05 pro kit.

Then YR AL universals for the front. I'm assuming I will only need the fronts in a FWD and the rears can just be stock dogbones (sorry for blurry image, my phone has a terrible camera).

IMG_20231110_135321483.thumb.jpg.5fd4f2c70385810a99b7714284b522cd.jpg

Oh M05 is only fwd… :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GeeWings said:

IMG_9622.thumb.jpeg.945a3cedaec9d896ed435a7cc5bc83d4.jpeg

These arrived all the way from France today. Not in perfect condition but no flat spots and they weren’t a stupid price either. One step closer to getting the Marui running now.

Marui SUper Wheelie wheels :-). Their resistance is generally good : I got some sets, and they are rarely cracked or with flat spots... It looks like the spikes of those one are quite worn compared to the ones I'm use to see around here...

1 hour ago, Sogogi said:

Doh, yes just axles at the back!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sogogi said:

Yes but the rear axle can still be upgraded with 54343, 54183, 54996 or TAMC-020BU.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

New tool parts, never used these before really intrigued by them and the process -

image.jpg

I bought these exact ones, can confirm they're no good in full size vehicle applications :(

The garage rounded off some torx socket bolts on our family car, didn't realise until the next service 12 months later (which I usually do myself). Proper nightmare!

For reference I tried using an 18v li-on ugga-dugga so it wasn't a lack of power, these things just rounded off faster than they could bite into the old bolt <_<

1 hour ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I bought these exact ones, can confirm they're no good in full size vehicle applications :(

The garage rounded off some torx socket bolts on our family car, didn't realise until the next service 12 months later (which I usually do myself). Proper nightmare!

For reference I tried using an 18v li-on ugga-dugga so it wasn't a lack of power, these things just rounded off faster than they could bite into the old bolt <_<

For the rusty XV01 chassis, 22 screws left to get out!

Sounds like they are made out of soft cheese 😂 £5 posted! 

On 11/11/2023 at 7:42 AM, silvertriple said:

Marui SUper Wheelie wheels :-). Their resistance is generally good : I got some sets, and they are rarely cracked or with flat spots... It looks like the spikes of those one are quite worn compared to the ones I'm use to see around here...

Yes, they are hardly ‘box fresh’ but they are good enough to have a little drive! All the other sets I found were just stupidly expensive!

6 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Yes, they are hardly ‘box fresh’ but they are good enough to have a little drive! All the other sets I found were just stupidly expensive!

Well... Around here (France), a Super Wheelie is not something rare. It was sold by pallets and many kids have one in the Eighties... They were cheaper than any Tamiya model with a similar 540 silver can, and the same price than the lowest range Tamiya offers with 380 motor. There were so frequent we had a race category speicifcally designed for it. Many have been modified to add shocks on rear and front to make handling easier... And there is still some people presenting them at super expensive price (being tire or cars), just because they are so called rare. They are generally listed for months or even years at those prices...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, silvertriple said:

Well... Around here (France), a Super Wheelie is not something rare. It was sold by pallets and many kids have one in the Eighties... They were cheaper than any Tamiya model with a similar 540 silver can, and the same price than the lowest range Tamiya offers with 380 motor. There were so frequent we had a race category speicifcally designed for it. Many have been modified to add shocks on rear and front to make handling easier... And there is still some people presenting them at super expensive price (being tire or cars), just because they are so called rare. They are generally listed for months or even years at those prices...

Good to know! Very rarely does anything become available here in Australia. Even finding tyres shippable to Australia has been a real mission.

However, my father lives in France so perhaps I need to set-up a local account and get stuff shipped to him that he could then forward on to me!

6 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Good to know! Very rarely does anything become available here in Australia. Even finding tyres shippable to Australia has been a real mission.

However, my father lives in France so perhaps I need to set-up a local account and get stuff shipped to him that he could then forward on to me!

Alternatively, at least for tires, you may have a look at cults3D : I published a lot of Marui tire models with the details of how to print them yesterday... That includes the Super Wheelie wheels. And by the way, at the rare exception of metal hardware, all the parts for Super Wheelies chassis and my Mitsubishi bodyshell are as well on cults3D...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, silvertriple said:

Alternatively, at least for tires, you may have a look at cults3D : I published a lot of Marui tire models with the details of how to print them yesterday... That includes the Super Wheelie wheels. And by the way, at the rare exception of metal hardware, all the parts for Super Wheelies chassis and my Mitsubishi bodyshell are as well on cults3D...

Great to know, thank you!

Also, I had no idea that you were going to make the Mitsubishi shell available. What a lovely guy you are!

This pitched up -

image.jpg

I’ve never owned any sort of Hotshot before, but it’s always been the Super that I preferred the look of. 

It is larger and heavier than I expected, and it looks like a Royal PITA to work on.

This one is new built, never run, came with ESC, servo, manual, bearings and a Tamiya GT motor, which might all be standard to the kit. 

Anyhow the plan is to use this one in the garden as it is the only 4WD buggy I own. 

(Famous last words. ⬆️😂)

• Like 9

Postman brought My new Tools for Cutting Lexan Bodies:

spacer.png

Well to be honest i now have a short brake regarding RC related Purchases, but i missed you Guys and then wanted to show you my new Chef knifes, i used to be a Chef, just a hobby today

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, simalarion said:

Postman brought My new Tools for Cutting Lexan Bodies:

spacer.png

Well to be honest i now have a short brake regarding RC related Purchases, but i missed you Guys and then wanted to show you my new Chef 🧑‍🍳 knifes, i used to be a Chef, just a hobby today

When I read the top bit I did honestly think “Jesus he’s got a steady hand one slip and no hands” I would just stick to curvy scissors!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, simalarion said:

i used to be a Chef, just a hobby today

I too can prepare a fine dish of fromage et haricots sur du pain grillé. It's my specialty, in fact.

• Haha 2

Well ... I couldn't help myself ... again ...

Super_Clod.thumb.jpg.786a2e2767efb0e8993d7e5c7f580f38.jpg

But since this chassis is one of my best experiences in my whole modelling life, I had to get one, because it was on occasion at TAMICO. What still bothers me is the "4x4x4" on the grille. Yet another weird decision by Tamiya marketing. But Fusion360 will find a solution for this.

Cheers

Martin

• Like 6

Delivery time!

So some Ver.II chassis parts for my 2nd M05 build, together with some cheap UJ's from 3Racing, a pinion, bearings and stainless suspension pins.

Some really awesome M-chassis wheels from "Super SURGING RC" 

& some wheels for my accidental Calsonic GT-R purchase.

PXL_20231114_171514072.jpg

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Delivery time!

So some Ver.II chassis parts for my 2nd M05 build, together with some cheap UJ's from 3Racing, a pinion, bearings and stainless suspension pins.

Some really awesome M-chassis wheels from "Super SURGING RC" 

& some wheels for my accidental Calsonic GT-R purchase.

PXL_20231114_171514072.jpg

Those wheels are nice!

Got one of my jj ultima packages from plaza today. Gear diff is backup if the ball diff fails. I also got the clear o rings for the shocks which kyosho recommended. 

IMG_6871.jpeg