backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

I've been lacking in my delivery posts, mostly because I ran out of room for attachments and the TCPhotos still won't work for me. SO, I cleaned out some attachment space and decided to post a bulk pic to include models that have delivered since my last post:

955977197_BulkShare01.thumb.JPG.060b23fb49008f3372b6347b56b5e5be.JPG

• Like 12

Try the link to TC Photos in this thread from Netsmith @GToddC5, a few of us were having issues but this fixed it..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Try the link to TC Photos in this thread from Netsmith @GToddC5, a few of us were having issues but this fixed it..

For me, I never get an email to reset my password :(

7 hours ago, GToddC5 said:

For me, I never get an email to reset my password :(

That was happening to me to on an open browser tab. The when Netsmith posted the new link to TC Photos via a ‘https’ I could then log in as normal with my usual details 👍🏻

found a small package in the mailbox. a set of Incision driveshafts for SCX10 2.

IMG-0963.jpg

• Like 2

got 2 packages delivered today. first ones with some MST spur gears, some spare Yokomo steel screws, Yokomo rear mount ESC for YD-2, and some gearbox parts for an Yokomo YD-2S.

IMG-0972.jpg

second with a Team Associated Stealth XF gearbox for Element Enduro, and Axial extended frame rails for SCX10 3.

IMG-0975.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/14/2023 at 7:31 PM, GToddC5 said:

I've been lacking in my delivery posts, mostly because I ran out of room for attachments and the TCPhotos still won't work for me. SO, I cleaned out some attachment space and decided to post a bulk pic to include models that have delivered since my last post:

955977197_BulkShare01.thumb.JPG.060b23fb49008f3372b6347b56b5e5be.JPG

I like the bottom left corner of that pile of goodies ;)

• Like 2

Arrived this morning. My first Mercadi, via Buyee purchase. Also came with a set of titanium screws. 

IMG_20231117_114710625.thumb.jpg.91cf5b5234357ab8466009b13ea08396.jpg

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Elbowloh said:

Arrived this morning. My first Mercadi, via Buyee purchase. Also came with a set of titanium screws. 

IMG_20231117_114710625.thumb.jpg.91cf5b5234357ab8466009b13ea08396.jpg

Please share the build progress! 

• Like 1

A 7/64 allen wrench. I need it to replace the Jugger's flathead screws that hold the wheels with nice black allen key screws.
But those screws are imperial size so no metric wrench would fit.

91GEQ9z.jpg

• Like 3

got another package today. RC4WD stripe set, light kit and metal Toyota decal set., HRC aluminium tape, Boomracing Maxgrappler 1.55'' tires, lots of Boomracing parts to build 4 1.55'' wheels, and some Boomracing scale bolts.

IMG-0979.jpg

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Alexei said:

got another package today. RC4WD stripe set, light kit and metal Toyota decal set., HRC aluminium tape, Boomracing Maxgrappler 1.55'' tires, lots of Boomracing parts to build 4 1.55'' wheels, and some Boomracing scale bolts.

IMG-0979.jpg

That's a lot of screwing to be done

• Like 1

Postman brought me a Lexan body from Kamtech. It will be used on my next project with the working title "Sand Rider vs. Rough Viper".  :-)

IMG_20231118_145831121~2.jpg

• Like 5

Only 6 days from HK to UK, I am impressed! YR bits for my HPI RS4 Sports 3 and MST MTX-1.

1v3FWu1.jpeg

• Like 4

Just need an ESC for my BBX and I can start building. I also decided to show my XV 01 some love and ordered the rear shaft for it.

IMG_0770.jpeg

• Like 5

@Pylon80, I’ve been researching formula truck too much and got tired of waiting :lol:

18264E30-5C2D-46B1-9444-8A1DD0D1E139.jpeg.d4443003f44f39d882a9db6f0de80647.jpeg

went with the Volvo because it’s the cheapest, won’t feel as bad when it rolls over 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ImALlama said:

won’t feel as bad when it rolls over 

Don't think they go fast enough to roll do they?

25 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Don't think they go fast enough to roll do they?

Not sure if built stock, this is my first. However, this one definitely will, gonna make a race truck out of it :D

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ImALlama said:

Not sure if built stock, this is my first. However, this one definitely will, gonna make a race truck out of it :D

It would be cool to see those trucks with faster speed. I always wondered why don’t i see those trucks (not those racing trucks with tt-01 base) racing with faster motor… it will be even more realistic

• Like 3

A little box of bits from PJ turned up today.

the motor plate and springs are the last parts I wanted before building the F104. 
The F103 part is because I hadn’t checked to see if was already included in the kit. It might go on my DT03!

The DF03 parts are because I was so shocked to see DF03 Hop-Ups in stock. Still no slipper yet but it’s a step in the right direction. 
p7w7NbE.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ImALlama said:

@Pylon80, I’ve been researching formula truck too much and got tired of waiting :lol:

18264E30-5C2D-46B1-9444-8A1DD0D1E139.jpeg.d4443003f44f39d882a9db6f0de80647.jpeg

went with the Volvo because it’s the cheapest, won’t feel as bad when it rolls over 

Price is really not that bad for the amount of parts/building joy/entertainment, plus I bet you won't really need hop ups, just bearings. Now put a Super Stock in it! 😬

I really busted the budget this time so I'll sit and watch this one :D but do keep us posted!

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Nick-W said:

the motor plate and springs are the last parts I wanted before building the F104. 
The F103 part is because I hadn’t checked to see if was already included in the kit. It might go on my DT03!

The DF03 parts are because I was so shocked to see DF03 Hop-Ups in stock. Still no slipper yet but it’s a step in the right direction. 
p7w7NbE.jpg

Haha yeah. Df03 slipper is going for pretty penny even in japan auction.. (around $80 usd+)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

Haha yeah. Df03 slipper is going for pretty penny even in japan auction.. (around $80 usd+)

Blimey! I hadn’t looked on any auction sites outside of Europe where it’s very rarely available.

I can’t bring myself to pay anywhere near that. I’m clinging on to the hope that if the other Hop-Ups have come back into stock maybe it will too. I’ve just gotta have faith!! 

1 hour ago, Nick-W said:

What else do you have planned for the F104 in terms of mods and hop-ups?

• Like 1