backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

1 hour ago, gogsyfinnie said:

1941619905_2A561065-1648-4B0D-A34C-C54739CE1241Copy.thumb.jpeg.cf2d54fe2e2b96afee1ef4b98176ff34.jpeg

Arrived today and put away for Christmas!  Hopefully get them both built and running before new year!  Bodies have been cleaned, keyed and will be primed in advance ready for their preferred colours (candy pink and metallic green)

Nice. Any hop ups planned?

5 hours ago, toyolien said:

Nice. Any hop ups planned?

Got the basics covered with bearing kits and waterproof ESC (Carson Dragster which after further research I might of been better upgrading that a little further!)

Going to start there but from the research on the forum so far I think alloy body mounts, oil shocks and tuned motors might be not far down the road!

I’m new to the hobby but spent my childhood wishing every year for a monster beetle 😂 The kids have no idea but have shown a lot of interest this last year, my son today has been rebuilding a Lego technic car and telling me how cool it would be if we could put a motor in it!  I’m hoping it’s going to be a big hit.

• Like 5

An alloy chassis came all the way from Hong Kong (supposedly) to my door. It is meant to be used for the Fighting Buggy that sits NIB in the garage shelf. 

IMG_20231208_182001839~2.jpg

• Like 3

Several Buyee delivery's this week :)  I....must....stop....looking.....(well looking is OK, buying is the problem!)

New Nissan Silvia Body set

New Renault Clio Body set

New BMW Z4 Body set

58155 Nissan Skyline Loctite - unused with ESC, servo etc. All paperwork present.

58099 Nissan Skyline GT-R Nismo - aluminum wheels and DynaTech motor. Bodyshell cut out, still has protective cover, decals, spoiler and cockpit. Manual, and associated paperwork present. Chassis built but unused with carbon fibre shock mounts, UJ's and upgraded shocks etc.

58128 Alfa 155 V6 Ti - Built to a very high standard, unused. All paperwork etc. present. 

Very pleased to get the Alfa as I've been searching for a good example for years, even though I got  the dreaded demand letter from ParcelForce :( 

2DQnZ6a - Imgur [1024x768].jpg

gxSEaLo - Imgur [1024x768].jpg

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, Tobyone said:

Several Buyee delivery's this week :)  I....must....stop....looking.....(well looking is OK, buying is the problem!)

New BMW Z4 Body set

58155 Nissan Skyline Loctite - unused with ESC, servo etc. All paperwork present.

58099 Nissan Skyline GT-R Nismo - aluminum wheels and DynaTech motor. Bodyshell cut out, still has protective cover, decals, spoiler and cockpit. Manual, and associated paperwork present. Chassis built but unused with carbon fibre shock mounts, UJ's and upgraded shocks etc.

58128 Alfa 155 V6 Ti - Built to a very high standard, unused. All paperwork etc. present. 

Very pleased to get the Alfa as I've been searching for a good example for years, even though I got  the dreaded demand letter from ParcelForce :( 

Very nice!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tobyone said:

New BMW Z4 Body set

That Alfa 👍 Hoping to build one of them myself in the future, had the real thing many years ago too (not a DTM spec V6 mind, but a 2.0TS 😂)

Ordered a bit of a parts lot on the EBay... and it showed up with this (which was NOT mentioned in the auction):

UFGoRM8.jpg

Condition is really quite good with no tears or any real damage.  The best part about it though?  Ya..... :blink:

UPO8FvX.jpg

IVGuhYl.jpg

It's an original MK1 manual showing all the OG MK1 goodies in print!!!

• Like 5

A big box from TTM containing my late Black Friday purchase/Christmas "present".

pKihqbJ.jpeg

Inside.

E7H2I7p.jpeg

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, cosworthwesty said:

Trf shocks 😜

image.jpg

I love these!

@Tobyone I’m a bit scared of Buyee, I couldnt see how much postage was? Do I use the ‘all in’ service or whatever its called? Sites down at the moment so cant check 

12 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

I love these!

@Tobyone I’m a bit scared of Buyee, I couldnt see how much postage was? Do I use the ‘all in’ service or whatever its called? Sites down at the moment so cant check 

@Kpowell911, there is an option to estimate the international delivery charges on the item page, it goes by size and weight. 

When you have purchased the item and it arrives at the Buyee warehouse, they give you several options for delivery, below is options for a standard Tamiya Kit - boxed, chassis, bodyshell etc. 

They have 4 plans, at varying costs that include checking of the item when it arrives at the warehouse, including insurance, making sure its not damaged, matches the description etc. or you can go the 'lite' plan which is no cost and gives you no guarantees, take a look on the Buyee website (its working again now) under plans.

Costs can add up, so be mind full to include these on the cost of the item.

I always use Mercari, its not an auction site and 99% of the items include postage to Buyee, Yahoo auctions you need to factor the Buyee postage in as well (again, there is an estimate delivery charge on the same page as the item). Look out for coupons too, they come up regularly for 10-20% off item price, or discount of delivery charges. 

And of course, any import duties on entry.

I am not expert on Buyee, but so far have made about 10 purchases and haven't had a bad experience yet, apart from additional import duties on 1 purchase.

But, please be warned, once you start its difficult to stop :) 

Good luck with your first purchase !

buyee.PNG

• Like 1

A TC recommendation from HK, 11 days from order to my letter box, no additional charges either 😅

Thank you TC members who chipped in with recommendations 👏

image.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy pants said:

A TC recommendation from HK, 11 days from order to my letter box, no additional charges either 😅

Thank you TC members who chipped in with recommendations 👏

image.jpg

This one is awesome especially when removing “evil” eclips

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tobyone said:

@Kpowell911, there is an option to estimate the international delivery charges on the item page, it goes by size and weight. 

When you have purchased the item and it arrives at the Buyee warehouse, they give you several options for delivery, below is options for a standard Tamiya Kit - boxed, chassis, bodyshell etc. 

They have 4 plans, at varying costs that include checking of the item when it arrives at the warehouse, including insurance, making sure its not damaged, matches the description etc. or you can go the 'lite' plan which is no cost and gives you no guarantees, take a look on the Buyee website (its working again now) under plans.

Costs can add up, so be mind full to include these on the cost of the item.

I always use Mercari, its not an auction site and 99% of the items include postage to Buyee, Yahoo auctions you need to factor the Buyee postage in as well (again, there is an estimate delivery charge on the same page as the item). Look out for coupons too, they come up regularly for 10-20% off item price, or discount of delivery charges. 

And of course, any import duties on entry.

I am not expert on Buyee, but so far have made about 10 purchases and haven't had a bad experience yet, apart from additional import duties on 1 purchase.

But, please be warned, once you start its difficult to stop :) 

Good luck with your first purchase !

buyee.PNG

Ahh, so I buy/win the item, pay the plan price (¥0-500) and then a few days later Id get the quote to send from Buyee to me? Guessing ‘Buyout’ means buy it now?

Looking at something like this:

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/k1116215742?conversionType=buyee_top_browsing_history

4 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Ahh, so I buy/win the item, pay the plan price (¥0-500) and then a few days later Id get the quote to send from Buyee to me? Guessing ‘Buyout’ means buy it now?

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/k1116215742?conversionType=buyee_top_browsing_history

Yes. Not all listings do, but some has option to buy right away for the buy out price. (I once try to bid at the price that is slightly lower than buyout price.. someone else ended up taking it..

11 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Yes, but you will also need to pay the Buyee flat rate fee of ¥300 and the cost of postage from the seller to Buyee on top of the plan fee and international postage fee.