backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

I can’t really stop with “just” one example of cars I love if the opportunity arises. Think this one will be in stradale specification on a m06 in 210mm!

YLCAT8y.jpeg
zD9mlmY.jpeg

4OtbV1n.jpegte8x280.jpeg

• Like 11

On 12/31/2023 at 5:24 AM, svenb said:

@GToddC5I've remembered what I was going to ask, what does the green label say? Apart from it's got the green battery included I Can't make it out.

@svenb I'm sorry, I'm realizing now that you probably wanted to know what the green label says on the box.

It says "TAMIYA TOURING CARS 10th ANNIVERSARY"

The C5-R I recently picked up was also advertised and shown in pics to be a "Touring Cars 10th Anniversary" that included the PRO Wheel and Tire set. When it arrived, it was not the Touring Cars 10th anniversary edition, but a version labeled to include a motor and 3-step MSC (kit does not usually include either). Rather than pitch a fit, I accepted a partial refund. It would have been cool to have the Touring Cars 10th Anniversary though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers Modelsport 🙂

Wheels & Tyres for the Maxx, tyres for the 934, and a black 1060, for the Egress Black Edition

BbB5d5N.jpeg

jLZO2wp.jpeg

• Like 3

On 12/31/2023 at 3:16 PM, GToddC5 said:

Thanks! I pulled it apart but can't find any indication of 9T or 10T. I have a 10T in the box coming to me soon, so I guess I can compare them to be sure.

This is what mine looks like

IMG_9855.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

This is what mine looks like

Wow ok, that's pretty clear. It looks like my magnets all have some type of corrosion on them. Not rust really, it's hard to explain. Not sure how to go about cleaning that up.

My boxed 10T should arrive soon for a direct comparison and RPM test.

Did you happen to test RPMs for your motor?

1 hour ago, GToddC5 said:

Did you happen to test RPMs for your motor?

Unfortunately i do not have the equipment to test out.

or maybe count the copper winding?

A couple of recent deliveries and shop pickups. 

The first one includes some new wheels and an oil dif for the racing TT-02 along with paint, masking tape for the C11 and F104.

JW6RhsM.jpeg

The second delivery was from Tamico and is mainly hop-ups for the C11 build, along with some springs. I’ve shamelessly cribbed from @TurnipJF brilliant build thread for the parts. I’m thinking of going for the anodised aluminium paint to be a little different and I love its brightness (the photo of the test sprays isn’t really doing it justice) 

d1jXNlg.jpeg

uYKPVlb.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nick-W said:

I’ve shamelessly cribbed from @TurnipJF brilliant build thread for the parts.

I'm honoured! Are those all the hop-up parts your going for, or are there others also waiting in the wings?

Just curious, because while I see the alloy diff, alloy motor mount and offset T-bar, I don't see the offset F104 plastic front and back pieces for the motor cage which are needed to keep the wing mount and shock mount central on the car when using the above parts, or the spacer for the non-diff side of the axle. Are these pieces waiting in the wings, still on their way, or do you have a cunning plan that doesn't require them?

Can't wait for the build thread!😀

• Like 1

A Max Climber showed up to join the Rock Buster!

It came with a cool Airtronics Surface Pack that includes:

• 94322 - HD Ball Bearing Servos (2)
  • 96316 - F2000 ESC
  • 92826 - (75MHz) Rx
  • 97020 - Duel Servo Y Harness

Now I need to research which Tx to pair with this setup. The Rx was never installed and there's zero signs of use, but that needs to change!

1339202294_47202-MaxClimber02.JPG.a1d16e0da2d34004b7a22b9eb426f94e.JPG

Pretty cool to see them together I think, and will be even better when I paint up and decal the replacement body for the Rock Buster.

493124348_TLT-1Group01.thumb.JPG.8ee64b7d3d12c3f0fd1aa7583c8f6299.JPG

• Like 4

10 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Just curious, because while I see the alloy diff, alloy motor mount and offset T-bar, I don't see the offset F104 plastic front and back pieces for the motor cage which are needed to keep the wing mount and shock mount central on the car when using the above parts, or the spacer for the non-diff side of the axle. Are these pieces waiting in the wings, still on their way, or do you have a cunning plan that doesn't require them?

No cunning plan, they’re all waiting. Part of the reason for doing this was that I built a F104 earlier in the year and fitted the carbon axle and alu clamp, so the steel one and spacers are spare. I also brought the reinforced case pieces but they took so long to arrive I didn’t fit them. Because I already had these parts logic, obviously, dictates that I brought everything else 😀. I’ve also got a spare set of the reinforced steering knuckles because I was daft and hadn’t checked to see if the F1 already included them. 
I have no roll-damping solution yet. Parts seem a little tricky to come by so that’ll be a future update. 
I think this will get a short build thread. I’ve not looked forward to a build so much in a long time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick-W said:

Because I already had these parts logic, obviously, dictates that I brought everything else 😀.

Of course! Can't fault that logic!😁

• Like 1

1st deliveries of 2024 :)

Now need the weather to improve so I can start getting bodyshells sprayed and built.

YDQZHgv.jpg

OYABKrL.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Tobyone said:

1st deliveries of 2024 :)

Now need the weather to improve so I can start getting bodyshells sprayed and built.

YDQZHgv.jpg

OYABKrL.jpg

That nissan R390GT1 looks familiar haha.

what an exciting haul!

• Like 1

URIvmGj.jpeg

£8 delivered for 1200 little cable ties from Amazon?🤔 ...bargain!👍 ...let the OCD colour coded project electronics installs begin!😆

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Some golden M3 nuts, that were suppost to be M4. Need to learn to read properly someday... :lol:

Light switches and a pinion I needed.

sXVhBTK.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 3:04 PM, technics said:

I can’t really stop with “just” one example of cars I love if the opportunity arises. Think this one will be in stradale specification on a m06 in 210mm!

YLCAT8y.jpeg
zD9mlmY.jpeg

4OtbV1n.jpegte8x280.jpeg

That looks smart

The instruction sheet reminds me of Tamiya's

• Like 2

@svenb abc hobby is great. Sometimes a bit off ( like many lexan bodies, ) but great obscure subjects not covered by Tamiya 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kol__ said:

URIvmGj.jpeg

£8 delivered for 1200 little cable ties from Amazon?🤔 ...bargain!👍 ...let the OCD colour coded project electronics installs begin!😆

Say, what 4 per chassis, that's 300 kits you can build!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Elbowloh said:

Say, what 4 per chassis, that's 300 kits you can build!

Yep! don't tell the wife😆

Better than £4.99 for 50 fluorescent yellow ones from eBay though that's for sure😱

• Haha 2

Some of the last sets of wheels showed up for future runner options (still waiting for front black and full set of chrome Star Dish). Hard to tell in the pic, but the wheel set with tires is pink and the yellow is florescent TD4 . Things of greater note would be the Transpeed MS 10T motor, MB Black Edition, and Spire Spike tires. 

1327487720_BulkShare04.thumb.JPG.2e48471403caab3f1901ec57715548da.JPG

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cosworthwesty said:

A few bits from Plaza Japan today. 

IMG_1769.jpeg

I see blue bits for xv-01 :)

• Like 2

On 1/2/2024 at 1:17 PM, Sogogi said:

Unfortunately i do not have the equipment to test out.

or maybe count the copper winding?

@Sogogi I received the Transpeed MS 10T today, and after setting to neutral and a condition run for 3 minutes at 3V, I ran tests at full voltage:

• 35,600 RPM at 7.2V (5.40A)
  • 42,000 RPM at 8.4V (5.25A)

Compared with my previous tests on the (unconfirmed) Transpeed MS 9T:

• 41,000 RPM at 7.2V (7.04A)
  • 47,100 RPM at 8.4V (7.58A)

I'd say that puts that mystery to bed. So happy to have one to run and one for my motor display. No reason to display both since you can't tell them apart on the outside, lol!

2107407561_49386-TranspeedMSMotor10T01.JPG.9cbdc82a5b26c81a7336dc80289fe933.JPG

• Like 7