Jump to content
backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, urban warrior said:

That would be great! Thank you!

Will PM you.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one I got from Tamico in January, was so lucky that I manage to get a Newman Porsche 956 body + decals that they had in stock. 

IMG-4791.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And an order from Tamico that I received in October that I have forgot to post. 

IMG-3967.jpg

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna do a build on this as I think its quite special in my opinion!

 

lJ3NH1x.jpeg

 

w8WX8Fu.jpeg


  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got the ReRe again of the Egress and the ReRe of the HotShot II (2024). Can't wait to build both soon.

 

Cory

IMG_8847.JPG

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RC4x4 said:

Just got the ReRe again of the Egress and the ReRe of the HotShot II (2024). Cant's wait to build both soon.

 

Cory

IMG_8847.JPG

Nice pair. Two of the kits I wanted most as a kid. What are your plans for them? Hopefully they'll be runners?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, toyolien said:

Nice pair. Two of the kits I wanted most as a kid. What are your plans for them? Hopefully they'll be runners?

Thanks. They'll be built, displayed and ran once in a while in the basement. Mainly will be shelf queens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A haul from PJ. Two weeks for them to get it into a box. 2 days for fedex to deliver it the UK
 

CE118796-5DFA-4623-B6DD-7BE1893FE14E.jpeg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a pair of blitzer rear tyres...I want to use them on the front on these new " old rims" by HPI.

IMG_20240305_095727.jpg

Resizer-17094748750841.jpg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NOS uprights and knuckels for the TNX.
The last parts I was waiting for to finish the chassis.

ZNYAalfm.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been after an NSX to go with my JGTCs. Ideally I wanted the Raybrig with Green Wheels, but they command a premium. Ive spent too much recently (even though Ive sold 6 RCs the intention was to get some cash behind me and create some space). That said, this came up on eBay US. It was an extremely good price however eBay took over the postage and tax which almost doubled the price…. But hey 5 days later its here. 
 

Beautiful condition. Seller said it was used but I dont think its been used  

L2qfBQd.jpeg

Itll fit in perfect with my JGTC cars and match some of my Castrol cars too :)

XQAnjVh.jpg
 

9FNK6Oj.jpeg

Just a humble TL-01. But Ive sold 3 of mine recently, so adding one isnt too bad

7KZz3vV.jpeg

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of you consider this cheap junk, for me it's really fancy!

20240305_134542.jpeg

20240305_144903.jpeg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

Some of you consider this cheap junk, for me it's really fancy!

20240305_134542.jpeg

20240305_144903.jpeg

Looks pretty fancy to me as some other using a flsysky GT3-C and an Absima CR3P

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Elbowloh said:

pretty fancy

I have several 3 channel FlySky and the 6 channel DumboRC transmitters and they work very well, especially considering the price range. I bought the FlySky's for € 25,00 to € 30,00 with a receiver included and extra receivers can be had for around € 10,00, Dumbo were more around € 45,00 but extra receivers can be found for less than € 5,00 sometimes! 

This pulled me over because it will the first one I can program 10 models in the memory (I didn't want to carry 3 transmitters with me) and endpoints can be easily set for each car, even the throttle, brake and steering curve can be programmed per model. This should make life easier and costing around € 70,00 it's not breaking my bank either.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my never ending quest to have every single pistol style radio made...  i actually ended up getting my hands on two of those dumborc DDF-350 radios.  they aren't bad, especially considering the price.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little while back, when I built my AstuDF I said I needed to design a cover for the pinion gear nut, as with the slipper fitted, it stuck out of the gearbox. Well, I finally got around to it and it arrived this morning!!

 

IMG_2816.JPG

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Been after an NSX to go with my JGTCs. Ideally I wanted the Raybrig with Green Wheels, but they command a premium. Ive spent too much recently (even though Ive sold 6 RCs the intention was to get some cash behind me and create some space). That said, this came up on eBay US. It was an extremely good price however eBay took over the postage and tax which almost doubled the price…. But hey 5 days later its here. 

Very nice! Moaaar JGTC Legends please! 

I really want a Takata Dome NSX, but the later metallic green one with gold rims. Seem pretty hard to obtain now - where are you sourcing your purchases? Perhaps I shouldn't ask actually :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phat Bodies RCW Mini body. This will be my runner body for my M07 build. I have another body on order that will also go with it. More to come on that another time!

 

Edit: sorry JCW body

Compress_20240306_141753_3883.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elbowloh said:

Phat Bodies RCW Mini body. This will be my runner body for my M07 build. I have another body on order that will also go with it. More to come on that another time!

Compress_20240306_141753_3883.jpg

What’s your experience with phat body? I had 2 mini bodies from phat body and was kind of disappointed… 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sogogi said:

What’s your experience with phat body? I had 2 mini bodies from phat body and was kind of disappointed… 

 

This will be my first..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Elbowloh said:

This will be my first..

Please share your experience… my experience is with rover mini (210mm) one where body molding around bottom was very vague. Also one of body cracked around one of tail lights :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sogogi said:

Please share your experience… my experience is with rover mini (210mm) one where body molding around bottom was very vague. Also one of body cracked around one of tail lights :(

Will do.

 

This is not a classic mini body, but rather one of these. I wasn't looking for scale with body. I'm also getting an Dino 225mm body from L&L models, which will be more for display.PHAT BODIES JCW CHALLENGE MINI FOR TAMIYA M CHASSIS 225mm WB M07 M05 M03 - Picture 1 of 5

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Very nice! Moaaar JGTC Legends please! 

I really want a Takata Dome NSX, but the later metallic green one with gold rims. Seem pretty hard to obtain now - where are you sourcing your purchases? Perhaps I shouldn't ask actually :lol:

Just eBay. Everythings came through eBay, other than the Supra GT which came from a member on here. Buyee scares me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a nice „three-package-day“ after three months of no new car for the collection:

IMG-1923.jpg
 

The Celica wasn’t planned, but Tamico made an irresistible offer.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...