backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

2 hours ago, urban warrior said:

That would be great! Thank you!

Will PM you.

• Thanks 1

This one I got from Tamico in January, was so lucky that I manage to get a Newman Porsche 956 body + decals that they had in stock. 

IMG-4791.jpg

• Like 8

And an order from Tamico that I received in October that I have forgot to post. 

IMG-3967.jpg

• Like 10

Gonna do a build on this as I think its quite special in my opinion!

lJ3NH1x.jpeg

w8WX8Fu.jpeg

• Like 13

Just got the ReRe again of the Egress and the ReRe of the HotShot II (2024). Can't wait to build both soon.

Cory

IMG_8847.JPG

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, RC4x4 said:

Just got the ReRe again of the Egress and the ReRe of the HotShot II (2024). Cant's wait to build both soon.

Cory

IMG_8847.JPG

Nice pair. Two of the kits I wanted most as a kid. What are your plans for them? Hopefully they'll be runners?

3 minutes ago, toyolien said:

Nice pair. Two of the kits I wanted most as a kid. What are your plans for them? Hopefully they'll be runners?

Thanks. They'll be built, displayed and ran once in a while in the basement. Mainly will be shelf queens.

• Like 1

A haul from PJ. Two weeks for them to get it into a box. 2 days for fedex to deliver it the UK

CE118796-5DFA-4623-B6DD-7BE1893FE14E.jpeg

• Like 8

Just a pair of blitzer rear tyres...I want to use them on the front on these new " old rims" by HPI.

IMG_20240305_095727.jpg

Resizer-17094748750841.jpg

• Like 9

NOS uprights and knuckels for the TNX.
The last parts I was waiting for to finish the chassis.

ZNYAalfm.jpg

• Like 2

Been after an NSX to go with my JGTCs. Ideally I wanted the Raybrig with Green Wheels, but they command a premium. Ive spent too much recently (even though Ive sold 6 RCs the intention was to get some cash behind me and create some space). That said, this came up on eBay US. It was an extremely good price however eBay took over the postage and tax which almost doubled the price…. But hey 5 days later its here. 

Beautiful condition. Seller said it was used but I dont think its been used  

L2qfBQd.jpeg

Itll fit in perfect with my JGTC cars and match some of my Castrol cars too :)

XQAnjVh.jpg

9FNK6Oj.jpeg

Just a humble TL-01. But Ive sold 3 of mine recently, so adding one isnt too bad

7KZz3vV.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Some of you consider this cheap junk, for me it's really fancy!

20240305_134542.jpeg

20240305_144903.jpeg

• Like 9

44 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

Some of you consider this cheap junk, for me it's really fancy!

20240305_134542.jpeg

20240305_144903.jpeg

Looks pretty fancy to me as some other using a flsysky GT3-C and an Absima CR3P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Elbowloh said:

pretty fancy

I have several 3 channel FlySky and the 6 channel DumboRC transmitters and they work very well, especially considering the price range. I bought the FlySky's for € 25,00 to € 30,00 with a receiver included and extra receivers can be had for around € 10,00, Dumbo were more around € 45,00 but extra receivers can be found for less than € 5,00 sometimes! 

This pulled me over because it will the first one I can program 10 models in the memory (I didn't want to carry 3 transmitters with me) and endpoints can be easily set for each car, even the throttle, brake and steering curve can be programmed per model. This should make life easier and costing around € 70,00 it's not breaking my bank either.

• Like 3

In my never ending quest to have every single pistol style radio made...  i actually ended up getting my hands on two of those dumborc DDF-350 radios.  they aren't bad, especially considering the price.

• Like 1

A little while back, when I built my AstuDF I said I needed to design a cover for the pinion gear nut, as with the slipper fitted, it stuck out of the gearbox. Well, I finally got around to it and it arrived this morning!!

IMG_2816.JPG

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Been after an NSX to go with my JGTCs. Ideally I wanted the Raybrig with Green Wheels, but they command a premium. Ive spent too much recently (even though Ive sold 6 RCs the intention was to get some cash behind me and create some space). That said, this came up on eBay US. It was an extremely good price however eBay took over the postage and tax which almost doubled the price…. But hey 5 days later its here. 

Very nice! Moaaar JGTC Legends please! 

I really want a Takata Dome NSX, but the later metallic green one with gold rims. Seem pretty hard to obtain now - where are you sourcing your purchases? Perhaps I shouldn't ask actually :lol:

Phat Bodies RCW Mini body. This will be my runner body for my M07 build. I have another body on order that will also go with it. More to come on that another time!

Edit: sorry JCW body

Compress_20240306_141753_3883.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Elbowloh said:

Phat Bodies RCW Mini body. This will be my runner body for my M07 build. I have another body on order that will also go with it. More to come on that another time!

Compress_20240306_141753_3883.jpg

What’s your experience with phat body? I had 2 mini bodies from phat body and was kind of disappointed… 

1 minute ago, Sogogi said:

What’s your experience with phat body? I had 2 mini bodies from phat body and was kind of disappointed… 

This will be my first..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Elbowloh said:

This will be my first..

Please share your experience… my experience is with rover mini (210mm) one where body molding around bottom was very vague. Also one of body cracked around one of tail lights :(

1 minute ago, Sogogi said:

Please share your experience… my experience is with rover mini (210mm) one where body molding around bottom was very vague. Also one of body cracked around one of tail lights :(

Will do.

This is not a classic mini body, but rather one of these. I wasn't looking for scale with body. I'm also getting an Dino 225mm body from L&L models, which will be more for display.PHAT BODIES JCW CHALLENGE MINI FOR TAMIYA M CHASSIS 225mm WB M07 M05 M03 - Picture 1 of 5

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Very nice! Moaaar JGTC Legends please! 

I really want a Takata Dome NSX, but the later metallic green one with gold rims. Seem pretty hard to obtain now - where are you sourcing your purchases? Perhaps I shouldn't ask actually :lol:

Just eBay. Everythings came through eBay, other than the Supra GT which came from a member on here. Buyee scares me

I had a nice „three-package-day“ after three months of no new car for the collection:

IMG-1923.jpg

The Celica wasn’t planned, but Tamico made an irresistible offer.

• Like 11