backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Ive been very quiet on the RC front. A genuine bit of RC fatigue, Ive not even been interested in catching up on forums or RC Youtubers, Traxxas have released a new Maxx Slash which is right up my street yet I havent pulled the trigger and I am unlikely too. Truth is, Id picked up most of the RCs I wanted (the Tamiya R34s, NSX, Supra and various Porsches) and I kinda felt Ive achieved everything with my RCs….

However, I had an Audi A4 on order at my local modelshop, and last week I did my usual eBay searches and made a purchase. 

Must be a sign as today as I was leaving for work, I got a parcelforce notification a parcel was out for delivery, and on my lunch break, I got a text saying my A4 was in at my local modelshop.  So a double RC Day. 

Also picked up some paint etc

mo5Fw6y.jpeg

Audi A4 TT-01E. Such an iconic shell IMO. Obviously a rere but itll be built as a shelfer so no problems. 

cEDeklU.jpeg

Now this is also a rere. I missed out on the original ReRe run, so had to pay over RRP, but I still got this for sub £200 all in which I think is acceptable. Its also on a TA03RS, quite a rare chassis that Ive never actually built. 

Of Course its the Porsche 911 GT1 Street. I do wonder if I could obtain some “race version” decals?

MSFNAwq.jpeg

Also, shout out to @svenb he sent me some bodyclips absolute free of charge. What a credit to TC. Thanks again!

bVacemw.jpeg

• Like 12

got another package. got a ABC Hobby 1:10 Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R body + included overfenders, 2 extra sets of overfenders, Yokomo titanium screw set, 2 MST wheel hub sets, and 2 RC Arlos side mirror sets.

IMG-1309.jpg

• Like 6

Recently sold some stuff that I didn't need/want. My plan for this year is to build and run my four most favourite buggies ever. They are (in no particular order): Boomerang, Optima Mid, Egress and Avante. Boomerang is done so next up will be this beauty.

qlpwHpK.jpeg

V83Gfs8.jpeg

• Like 15

19 minutes ago, toyolien said:

Recently sold some stuff that I didn't need/want. My plan for this year is to build and run my four most favourite buggies ever. They are (in no particular order): Boomerang, Optima Mid, Egress and Avante. Boomerang is done so next up will be this beauty.

qlpwHpK.jpeg

V83Gfs8.jpeg

Ooh. Mine is the only buggy I have that I haven't done a load of silly modifications to and it runs like a charm. One thing I noted is the slipper is set far too tight to work. I'm about to try a lower profile nut to allow a bit more room while still engaging with the nyloc. They're only a standard 5mm tall unflanged M4 nyloc nut I have but if they solve it then that'll be a little win and I have spares you can have. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

Ooh. Mine is the only buggy I have that I haven't done a load of silly modifications to and it runs like a charm. One thing I noted is the slipper is set far too tight to work. I'm about to try a lower profile nut to allow a bit more room while still engaging with the nyloc. They're only a standard 5mm tall unflanged M4 nyloc nut I have but if they solve it then that'll be a little win and I have spares you can have. 

Thanks for the slipper tip, and the offer. Much appreciated. This is a marvellous forum:D

• Like 1

got one more package, a smaller one, but with important parts. a set of Boomracing 1.55'' TE37LG and Probuild 1.9'' Mag-10 wheels, wheel caps, a lug nut tool for M2 bolts and a Traxxas rollbar.

IMG-1313.jpg

• Like 5

Parts for a future M08 build. Including a brushed 15T Reedy motor.

I can’t decide whether to put this straight into the M08 or put it in the Dirt Master to free up a BZ for the M08… my suspicion is the BZ is too torquey for the M08.

Also, some SCA-1E parts have landed at my German address, so they’ll be coming back with me late this month.

• Like 4

Not exactly the postman, but I purchased VRC Pro on Steam:

CU9Ikhy.png

Just tried it, well, for 51min apparently :ph34r:

I made the most of the 50% off offer that Steam has right now and I purchased the absolute barebones version. I already had a USB adapter found on eBay years ago. Similar to the free version there are 1/10 TC and 1/12 pan cars which I am mostly interested in, but for 20$-ish I now have all sorts of cars including 1/8 buggies and more importantly a dozen tracks or so, on-road and off-road.

I haven't really heard anything from the TC community about it but I would be curious to know if anyone is using it as a training tool?

• Like 3

@Pylon80 - all the things one learns in a day ... even before the first cup of coffee. :D

Yesterday, the postman rang twice. Or well, perhaps not, but he or she left two packages on the doorstep. One Axial SCX24 Jeep for the kid (how many of these small critters do we need here, really?) and one "ooh, I pressed a button again on Ebay" Tamiya #51495 (the Suzuki SJ30 Wheelie body kit) for dad.

The SJ30 looks much better in real life than in the photos. It doesn't seem very popular, looking at the entries in the Showrooms. Looking forward to getting into painting that in some eye-popping colour when time comes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JimBear said:

@Pylon80 - all the things one learns in a day ... even before the first cup of coffee. :D

Yesterday, the postman rang twice. Or well, perhaps not, but he or she left two packages on the doorstep. One Axial SCX24 Jeep for the kid (how many of these small critters do we need here, really?) and one "ooh, I pressed a button again on Ebay" Tamiya #51495 (the Suzuki SJ30 Wheelie body kit) for dad.

The SJ30 looks much better in real life than in the photos. It doesn't seem very popular, looking at the entries in the Showrooms. Looking forward to getting into painting that in some eye-popping colour when time comes.

The postman always rings twice. 👀 😂

• Haha 3

I received a package today...
3g172Vv.jpeg
Marui RC catalogue, Year 1986. For some reasons, this is a very important piece of Marui history :-)

• Like 8

I picked this up for $40 and it just needed some TLC, let's see just how "terrible" these HSP/Exceed/Redcat RCs really are...

20240411_174615.jpg

• Like 4

Part 1 of making a vintage style pack for my Yokomo MX-4 resto

IMG_8101.jpeg

Part 2 (Shrink Wrap) and Part 3 (Battery Stickers) are still enroute 

• Like 8

Whatever the postman brings it’s an extra treat when it happens to include actual Tamiya boxes. The lesser seen cardstock ones. I just love the considered nice packaging. The contents were PS paint nothing to do with the outside. 

wXH8bEr.jpeg

YrWvvVt.jpeg

One of my favourite cars and rare bodysets came. I will build this into a speed run build.. first generation r8 gt3 car. One of the nicest modern day looking cars ever made in my opinion. I will try to make it exactly as seen in the press release photos, with a ridiculous low turn motor! 🙂

Bt0Yiya.jpeg

d20udgu.jpeg

QkCPHoj.jpeg

ZkMyrOZ.jpeg

93eAfhr.jpeg

• Like 9

57 minutes ago, technics said:

One of my favourite cars and rare bodysets came. I will build this into a speed run build.. first generation r8 gt3 car. One of the nicest modern day looking cars ever made in my opinion. I will try to make it exactly as seen in the press release photos, with a ridiculous low turn motor! 🙂

A very nice car and really hard to find body! Would be so good with something like an F103GT pan chassis, and RWD like the real thing.

• Like 2

On 4/9/2024 at 9:38 PM, toyolien said:

qlpwHpK.jpeg

V83Gfs8.jpeg

This post made me nostalgic and jealous at the same time - my first car in the 80s was a Boomerang, then I inherited an Avante from my older brother when he got his Schumacher Pro Cat. I couldn't keep up with the Schumacher so I demanded a new car and my dad duly obliged with an Optima Mid Custom Special! Never had an Egress but since returning to RC, it's the Tamiya car I've been most excited to try for the first time...

I restarted the hobby about a month ago and have just about finished my third TT02B (two for my boys and a TT02BR for myself). Sadly, I fear this was a bit of a waste of cash as I intend to do exactly what you describe - Boomerang next then the Optima and probably an Avante when I get the bug to build after running these for a while. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TomGee said:

This post made me nostalgic and jealous at the same time - my first car in the 80s was a Boomerang, then I inherited an Avante from my older brother when he got his Schumacher Pro Cat. I couldn't keep up with the Schumacher so I demanded a new car and my dad duly obliged with an Optima Mid Custom Special! Never had an Egress but since returning to RC, it's the Tamiya car I've been most excited to try for the first time...

I restarted the hobby about a month ago and have just about finished my third TT02B (two for my boys and a TT02BR for myself). Sadly, I fear this was a bit of a waste of cash as I intend to do exactly what you describe - Boomerang next then the Optima and probably an Avante when I get the bug to build after running these for a while. 

Sounds like an excellent plan. 👌

@Pylon80 with really meaty tires. I just sold two f1 rigs… I’m swimming in trf chassis which is where my heads at but I like your thinking. That would be special.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GToddC5 said:

2078529793_BulkShare24.thumb.JPG.21c0069579abbc6af78f724015276213.JPG

716502349_58060-MonsterBeetleNIB02.thumb.JPG.5b0849a3b331fec882c11f5aaa4f1b0f.JPG

1927838329_58060-MonsterBeetleNIB03.thumb.JPG.10605ecc1080e0a3385b30baa243a143.JPG

Have to admit to looking forward to seeing a  capital G in a red circle ( @GToddC5) in the The "Postman brought me" thread.

You my friend are on an absolute mission! There can't be many Tamiya models you don't have by now 😂

• Haha 1

received a package, last one for now. here i got a Yokomo RD2.0 chassis kit, MST adjustable wheel set, RcArt SSR Reiner wheel sets in offset 6 and 8, a sidemirror set, Topline damper pistons, D'Magic 180SX taillight set and a Yeah Racing spacer set.

IMG-7606.jpg

• Like 2