backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Lol !

first delivery was Parcel Force van

second was a neighbour bringing what they took in for me yesterday, perhaps not strictly todays delivery ;)

third was the normal postie , he does anything too big for the letterbox in a van early morning

fourth delivery was the postie again doing his normal letters round on foot

In fairnes i can't knock my local service - they even allow me to do a same day collection just before the depot closes at 17:30hrs if they leave a calling card, when in theory i should wait to the next day.

That is exceptional service... I like the same day pickup option, wish I had that because the post office is very convenient to my house.

TBH I'm thinking about using their pickup only service - nothing (packages) gets delivered but you get an email and can collect same day. Given my delivery ratio is below 50% and the local PO is open till 6pm, this may work out better...

Nice! My Willy's FAV Scorcher is to be featured in RC Car Action readers rides...Do you have a link to any online of the RC Driver mag with your truck in it?Cheers,Skottoman

Thanks and congrats yourself. Sadly, no linky - just have the paper version :).

Thanks and congrats yourself. Sadly, no linky - just have the paper version :).

How about a scanner?

Actually, I saw Wyoming's Bruiser in an issue of RC Driver - March 2013. I remember being excited for a fellow TC member when I saw it, not to mention awestruck by the quality of the build.

Looks like a number of TC members are having their work showcased; still looking out for Skottoman's VW Samba Van in VolksWorld!

More on topic: nothing arrived yet, but I recently bought an MTroniks Sport 20 ESC; I found out I fried my Avante's TEU-104BK after a snow run... It shall arrive soon, at which point I can write in this thread again.

Dude, how many times a day does your postie visit? It seems he has a full time job with your address alone! :blink:

Today I received another "come and get it" notice - the thing is, tomorrow I'm working from home... and I'm expecting another package. So here's what will happen; I'll receive nothing in the morning, then I'll go to the post office after 1pm as required, this will take 15 mins max to return home, upon returning home I'll find another "come and get it" notice for after 1pm the next day... cycle continues...

Of course if I delay my visit to the post office the inevitable will happen.

And yep, I need all packages to start the job... :(

Astonishingly this almost happened. It was odd actually because 30 mins after I checked my mailbox (nothing) I left to go to the Post Office and an new 'missed you' notice was in my mailbox! We have an intercom system and it didn't go off at all - funny thing is that it was in my internal mailbox so somebody in the building had already transferred it there... strange.

However, I opened the front door and the postman was just down the road and was happy to give me today's parcel, then I wandered to the post office and picked up yesterday's parcel. Now I can start... :)

ABitofKit.JPG

always a good day when lot's of hop-up bags arrive ;)

Today - nowt (yet), ever hopeful ! Three packages from honkers only got on the plane yesterday so i can write those off until mid next week

Finally, after MUCH ado.......my NImrod parts for my Dynastorm. Was carded earlier (out on the Nursery run) that i owe £15 customs on the mint Novak Atom i scored for the same build, so its a bitter sweet day lol.

lee

get-attachmentaspx_zps5acc1058.jpg

A lowly set of original Super Sabre decals, and i collected a few RM-01 parts from the mail depot.

Madcap parts started arriving yesterday :)

SDC10893_zps3ec237da.jpg

More on the way, I can't seem to find any C or D parts though, if anyone can help that would be appreciated.

Today's arrivals

New front and rear arm sets for my super sabre restoration.

Rest of the order is on 4 week special import order !

Collected a Jiffy bag containing assorted Dyna Storm parts, soon as my breakfast has gone down i'll make a start :)

A lovely vintage Novak Atom.....managed to score a mint boxed Cyclone with Pit Wizard too, so when it arrives, that is destined for my YZ10.

lee

photo-1_zps35a1cb5b.jpg

A Very Expensive Delivery... :D

20130210_150440_zps8ea799ee.jpg

20130210_155551_zps7e1b37d9.jpg

cheers

Haider - I think that's the best delivery in this whole thread ;)

A Very Expensive Delivery... :D

20130210_155551_zps7e1b37d9.jpg

cheers

Now that is some of the best postage anyone would love to get .

I want to get an Egress some day .

So you building or keeping NIB ?.

Cheers Percymon...:)

@matman: so far they will stay NIB till the bill rings..;)

i am planning some epic build....:)

Today..

DB01 white dish wheels - front and rear

DB01 reinforced drive belts x2

TRF501X rear uprights

TRF501X front uprights

DB01 Aluminium steering posts

DB01 aluminium servo mounts

More Madcap parts arrived today :) Also received all the parts I need to build a TTC drive-train for my Kingcab.:D

Picked up all the TTC parts for a little over $50aus, not bad since the nib kits are going for $200+. I already have the screws, press nuts & mounting bars.

SDC10895_zps5d9e0813.jpg

I'd also like to thank Percymon for helping me find some Madcap D parts, Thanks mate :)

More Madcap parts arrived today :) Also received all the parts I need to build a TTC drive-train for my Kingcab. :D

Picked up all the TTC parts for a little over $50aus, not bad since the nib kits are going for $200+. I already have the screws, press nuts & mounting bars.

SDC10895_zps5d9e0813.jpg

I'd also like to thank Percymon for helping me find some Madcap D parts, Thanks mate :)

Just sold a Madcap on eBay..

..already regretting it :(

More Madcap parts arrived today

Nice delivery - glad you got sorted on the D parts

:o Got this of evil-bay .

Ok , i put in a bid & got it as i was the only one that did .

So i asked for total & i said i was a TC member .

In a reply he asked if i had the body posts for a frog ,

as i did have them . I replyed yes , so he said if you post

them, i will post you the mini fox body for free . As i need them body posts

for the frog . <_< Little worryed , but i had them & did cost me any thing .

So i went why not , he got the parts in 3 days . I got my fox mini body in the

post yesterday .

I put a bid of $20. & it only cost me $1.20 in postage after all that . woohoo

There are some good people on evil-bay .

Because he also put in a badge for free as well . So if he is looking, Thank you Sir .

IMG_0719_zps81b07a10.jpg

The badge .. This pic won't do what it should , it only want's to go up & down . I have changed it in photobucket .

As well as in here , i have replaced it etc .

IMG_0720_zps9ed1f252.jpg

• Like 1

Got my stuff from Stella .

2X TRF shirts

2X Avante steering

2X RN36 Slipper clutch set.

Another mini fox body set & one set of front rims.

Yellow RM-01 rims again .

1X Torque Splitter set . Avante .

2X RN36 Bruiser 4-peace wheels .

RN36 Black bumper set .

IMG_0721_zpse4f3c8f4.jpg