value

Hotshot...should I?

Hi guys! Next week I'm going to buy in a fair trade a Hotshot, that I saw last month in another fair..

The car is without manual and box, but in good conditions. It's a hotshot 1, red and it seems that nothing is missing.

I ask you: How much should I pay for it? (in Euros)

Then...I hope to have some support from you if I need to restore it!

Hi, a new re-release Hot Shot is 135 USD from Stella Models (who else? LOL) (75.60 GBP for me in Blighty).

So maybe 60 Euros (40 GBP) (80 USD) for a reasonable original Hot Shot that needs a fair bit of work to restore to shelf queen condition? Only a guess, I haven't got into the HotShot and it's restoration yet, I have enough to think about with my Optima(s) resto. LOL.

Others may well be able to give you a more accurate answer, although of course anything is only worth what the other party will pay hehe. Depends on demand as well... hopefully with the Winter / post Xmas period imminent / coming, prices are dropping from their Summer highs?

Cheers,

Alistair G.

thanks for your reply! Unfortunately the new Hotshot hasn't arrived yet to Italy (my country)...anyway a NIB model of Tamiya here costs 200-250 Euros....very expensive!

I wait for suggestions!

Do what a lot of people do then, order it from Stellamodels, pay very little. Fast delivery via EMS. Works for me. I have bought a ton of models and parts from Stella, all NIB.

Sure they are in Hong Kong, but so what?

Use the advert from the bottom of the TC main page to get to them.

Cheers,

Ali. G.

Do what a lot of people do then, order it from Stellamodels, pay very little. Fast delivery via EMS. Works for me. I have bought a ton of models and parts from Stella, all NIB.

Sure they are in Hong Kong, but so what?

Use the advert from the bottom of the TC main page to get to them.

Cheers,

Ali. G.

Hi Ali! That's a good idea...but I'm talking about an old Hotshot, the first release! I know that there is a re-release, and I found it in Stellamodel store with a good price, but I'm trying to enter this fascinating world of vintage Tamiya models!!!! Now, the seller of this Hotshot asks me 100 (90 US dollars, about 75 pounds) but it is without transmitter.

Tell him he's dreaming!

Go buy a new kit, just 98% just like the old thing.

Old plastics go brittle and will break, especially the suspension arms.

ok thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!

could you suggest me some models (vintage) I should look for? there will be another trade on sunday! :lol:

Thank you guys!

Hes asking too much for an old car, esp since the re-re hotshot came out, best go with the new kit, its 99% the same as the old one anyway, with new inproved parts that will be stronger.....

Go new, my 2cents.

Mike32.

Hes asking too much for an old car, esp since the re-re hotshot came out, best go with the new kit, its 99% the same as the old one anyway, with new inproved parts that will be stronger.....

Go new, my 2cents.

Mike32.

I agree. The you don't want to use the original cars mechanical speed controller, and the re-re comes with an ESC. Also, the original cars propeller and driveshafts were weak multi-piece items that fail easily. The re-re has just the right changes to make the car really good. Beyond that, I suggest you add the following:

- Full ball bearings

- Tamiya Sport Tuned motor (15T pinion)

- Parma bump-steer eliminator kit

- Parma front upper control arm brace

- Coat the diff bevel gears with Tamiya anti-wear grease.

This will really make the car shine. I had more fun with this setup at the local off-road track than almost all my other cars. It's by far the easiest to drive, and it takes a lickin' & keeps on tickin'. The novice drivers never passed me with their B4's because they couldn't keep a line, and it also took about 10+ laps for my friend to pass me with his brushless 501X because he kept crashing and spinning out... lol!

and what other models should I look for? what are the most interesting and are a "must have"?