Sign in to follow this  
miata-fan

Painting My Subaru Brat ?

Hello i,am new in this superb Forum

i have a question , i mean a lot of questions :-)

i bought a Re-release Subaru Brat , an i think about it , whats the best way to paint it !!

does it make sence top Paint all Bodieparts in Italian Red , an then paint the Siverparts or the Blackparts over ?? does silver hold on red ??

i hope someone could help me to mell me, whats the best way to paint this Abs Bodie , because i want to use it as a

shelf queen ,and i never paintend a Abs Bodie , only the Lexanbodies :unsure:

Hope someone give me the answer !!

Thanks to all people who answer me !!

Best regards

Andy

I once did exactly as you suggest with a new body, was a mud bluster body actually, proudly took it out for it's first drive, dodgy old ACOMS receiver died, 23T 540 on full pelt, straight under a wooden gate, and that was the end of that body. Was gutted, aged about 11!

can you tell me whats the best way to paint it ?? i wont drive them !! it should be a shelf queen !!

Maybe someone can help me ??

Regards Andy

All parts that require some red should be spray painted red all over.

Then you can add detail (with brush) with black, silver, orange, white, etc on top of the red paint after a good nights dry.

Items like the roll bar that has no red can be painted black first time around.

Note that Tamiya brush paints (ecpesially flat paints) dry som fast that it is hard to get an even layer on large areas. That is why I try to spray paint all areas that is large, although it sometimes require much masking. (don't mask within 24 hours of previous layer of paint to avoid masking tape marks)

I hope this answers your question.

-Lars