Sign in to follow this  
EricOnTheWeb

Sand Viper

Hi guys, just joined this site and have a quick question to start things off.

Anyone here drive a Sand Viper and is it a fairly decent car?... Comes with ESC, full bearings, Oil shocks. Seems like an awesome deal for 124 bucks IMO.

I Like the looks of it and seems to be set up like an RC-10..

I don't have money right now for an RC-10, but want another car badly... This one seems to be the next best thing.. should I bother with it?..

Thanks, and I look foward to talking with you.

(Eric)

header_1.jpg

post-23642-1196735061.jpg

Go for the dark impact, 130 delivered on the bay.

Probably not getting 4 wheel drive, so that is out. Guess I want to know if the Sand Viper is junk or not.. Poor handling, break downs, ruggedness, ect ect..

Seems decent with the ball bearings and ESC comes with it.

Who has one and do you like it?

Hi Eric. I purchased a desert gator(same as the sand viper just a different body) to get me back into the hobbie after a 20 year absence, I have to say compared to my old hornet it is very quick and handles nicely. I gave the car a real good abusing on several different terrains including the beach, and it took it all in its stride. the parts seem very durable and I would say its a cracking little buggy to start with. I have just purchased a dark impact off ebay so it will be interesting to see the difference in the two cars. Hope this is helps. B)

i have a sand viper as a fun basher little buggy!

i prefer 2wd to 4wd and the sand rides well.

i'd go for some grease in tis differential. it's a soft set up but it's very good car!

it's also friendly with batteries.

it also happpens that ball stud loses its position.

immagine402cy8.jpg

use some glue or something to secure it to the plastic gearbox.

that's all, have fun

Hi Eric. I purchased a desert gator(same as the sand viper just a different body) to get me back into the hobbie after a 20 year absence, I have to say compared to my old hornet it is very quick and handles nicely. I gave the car a real good abusing on several different terrains including the beach, and it took it all in its stride. the parts seem very durable and I would say its a cracking little buggy to start with. I have just purchased a dark impact off ebay so it will be interesting to see the difference in the two cars. Hope this is helps. :D

Thanks for telling me your expirience with this car, sounds like a good runner. I'm coming back into the hobby as well after a long break, and relationship ****, My dad had a Hornet, tough, and we really "used" that one, lol.. I like the wide wheel base on the Viper, and the over size shocks, plus the stuff that comes with, ESC, ball bearings..ect ect. I remember the Hornet had only plastic bearings...god they suck.

Thinking I'll be ordering a Viper off of Tower today..

Thanks.

(Eric)

i have a sand viper as a fun basher little buggy!

i prefer 2wd to 4wd and the sand rides well.

i'd go for some grease in tis differential. it's a soft set up but it's very good car!

it's also friendly with batteries.

it also happpens that ball stud loses its position.

immagine402cy8.jpg

use some glue or something to secure it to the plastic gearbox.

that's all, have fun

Hey, thanks for the heads up on the ball cup... this is exactly what I wanted to know(about anything that is weak) and awesome pic to go with it.. I clearly see what you're talking about... Sweet, I can't wait to build one of these..

*I feel a 100 bucks about to fly out of my wallet*

we all love it to the max!

DT02

Thanks for the link... From what I know so far, it is a good car... Always nice to know before you lay down all the cash.

I'm new here, and this site has already helped.. Thanks!!.