Bin ^jammin^

An Idea I Had Which Might Seem A Bit Mad

There was me thinking this thread would run over xmas! Nice job, and fast too!

Ryan

Some people have waaaayyy too much free time :D

Nice work fella. :)

@ gt6++ the arms and everything is TL-01 standard stuff apart from it's got UJ's all round.

Thanks for the comments, a few shots with the runner bodyshell on

4wdminiTL01modifiedproject051.jpg

4wdminiTL01modifiedproject052.jpg

4wdminiTL01modifiedproject054.jpg

4wdminiTL01modifiedproject055.jpg

4wdminiTL01modifiedproject056.jpg

It goes very well i'm impressed with the performance of it just with the 21 T pinion and a TZ.

I think with the 23 T pinion and a speed tuned gear set it would be fast enough to be a handfull on anything other than an oval track for me :)

Thanks for reading and maybe this build has inspired someone to have a go at this easy conversion for themselves.

Cheers

Ben.

Thanks for a fantastic build thread - I'm sure my results won't be nearly as tidy as yours, but I'll do my best to do a good build thread.

The stance looks really interesting - I used to be into 1:1 minis and that wide track make it look like it's a Mini with running gear from another car (which I guess it is!) Best of luck running it, get us some videos next time you're rallying on the sand :)

Thanks, next time we get out with them i'll get some footage and post it up, one thing that's immediately obvious is the gain in excelleration over an M03 even with a hot motor etc, due to the extra grip and drive i suppose.

Looking forward to seeing your build thread.

Great thread, I never got around to chopping up my TL before I sold it on, though I did pick up a shortened TB chassis which might do , but it needs a cleaning.

I tried a M03/M04 twin motor job, http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...90&sid=5109 but front and rear gear ratios were off, and I had nowhere to put the second battery ( I used 2xESC and 2xBattery) so I lashed it on top with cable ties, which resulted in a pretty top-heavy chassis!

One thing I might recommend us to use M03 arms and shafts, to bring the wheels back under the body? You'll probably lose a little in ride height/articulation, but less than you might think, since you're running long shocks and rally blocks.