Sign in to follow this  
Max Damage

Grasshopper Speed Controler Problem!

When I turn the car power switch on the steering works but the motor does not. The LED on the speed (TEU-101BK) controler flashes constantly.

Any suggestions??????

When I turn the car power switch on the steering works but the motor does not. The LED on the speed (TEU-101BK) controler flashes constantly.

Any suggestions??????

Sounds like esc is fine, maybe a motor lead is unplugged or loose

Check all the connections, then go through the ESC setup procedure (the instructions on the sheet in the bag the ESC came in, not in the main instruction manual).

Beeping sound and flashing LED is normal for the Tamiya ESC if something is not connected. In my experiance the ESC itself needs, to be plugged into the reciever connection-2, steering servo in connection-1 and the little short red connection into batt connection, so all 3 slots on a 2 channel. Make sure the motor is pugged in, and turn on transmitter first, then should be ready to go..., i've always found i dont need to set them up, that factory settings seem to work fine, hope this helps you out.

Mike32.

LED shouldn't flash. I had this, ESC was dead. It beeped once sometime twice then just flashed.

I returned it and the good folk at ModelSport sent out a replacement :-)

LED shouldn't flash. I had this, ESC was dead. It beeped once sometime twice then just flashed.

I returned it and the good folk at ModelSport sent out a replacement :-)

BTW the beeps are produced via the motor's windings, so it won't beep if the motor isn't connected. (Plugging a motor into a hifi and sticking the shaft on the back of an upturned ice cream pot will make an awful (but functional) speaker).