Sign in to follow this  
Victorious Secret

Non Z Tune Skyline

Hello Gentlemen,

Do you guys know if Tamiya have the non Z tune version of the new skyline R34 body? I remember vaguely they have but not sure. Anyone have a picture or link of it?

I thank you for your help,

VS

yeah i think there's 3 different R34s out there

first is the Zexel which first appeared on the TA04

then there's the Zanavi, on a TB02 & TT01

Z-tune is the only 'roadgoing' one though, the rest are track racers

Thank you gentlemen for the prompt reply.

I should have been more clear. I meant the street version with out the scoop on the hood. I already checked the Tamiya Catalog but I dont see any. But I thought I've seen one. Was it me or is there really one?

VS

Thank you gentlemen for the prompt reply.

I should have been more clear. I meant the street version with out the scoop on the hood. I already checked the Tamiya Catalog but I dont see any. But I thought I've seen one. Was it me or is there really one?

VS

No Zaku there's only one street version which is the Z-tune

yea the HPI shell is ugly,

The R34 is cool but the Z Tune is the mother of all street tuned Skylines and i think the Z tune looks really nice. Ok so you the Vspec II un moded car in Bayside Blue cought my eye from day one and does look sweet in the flesh but the Z tune really has a beefy look to it that i'm really starting to like.

you could always sand off the bonnet vents and blend in a glued pice of plastic then spray the shell on the outside!

Later

VV

they do come unpainted, but they are 200mm. Bare in mind that hpi shells have weird proportions and wont look right to some people.

Hi Yamita,

Yes I agree. Some of the cars they produce are just beautiful (like the 71 Mustang). In this case the HPI R34 Skyline looks bad. I do like their R32 Skyline though consider it was made years and years ago.

VS

I bouhgt this shell, painted it, then just gave it away. The passenger cabin looks squished and tiny compared to the rest of the car. It has huge fenders and wheel arches and when you sit the shell right, it scrapes. When you raise it enough to give it clearance, it just does not look right. Only other hpi shell I have is a wrx, but it doesnt look that bad, since it's a rally car. OTOH, tamiya r32 looks so much better. The lower portion of the car kinda wedges out, instead of looking bloated like the hpi version. I love how the wheel arches come pre-cut.