JYCM3

Please Show Us Your Display Case Of Your Collections

I know there have been some similar post but I want to this to be more specific.

Please post pictures of your display case, book case, shelves or dresser top of your Tamiya shelf queens/Runners

The emphasis is on "Display and build" so NIB collection stacked from the ground does not count.

Let start with pix of my collection

Here's old display i had many years ago a simple book case with large plexiglass that I made to keep the dust out.

post-1471-1196915187.jpg

Below is new display case I got from Ikea ,not perfect, but one that I can afford and one that can display most of my shelfqueen.

post-1471-1196915206.jpg

Does it count if they are hung on the wall?!

Ryan

Yes Ryan, please show us what you got.

tamiya1/10 let me guess, blazer, mounty and avante hhehe sorry mate not for sale or trade. I do have some parts that I willing to trade only with Cross Racing dual 5 spoke wheels and tires.

tamiya1/10 let me guess, blazer, mounty and avante hhehe sorry mate not for sale or trade. I do have some parts that I willing to trade only with Cross Racing dual 5 spoke wheels and tires.

How the cotten pickin did you know??? Well actualy is the Hilux, blazer and avante. I would show my tiny collection but the picso is too large for to sent.

Cheers

tamiya1/10 let me guess, blazer, mounty and avante hhehe sorry mate not for sale or trade.

I would have chosen the Blazer, Avante, and the Porsche..

Some day I will have a nice glass display case.

Do you have a showroom here on T/C?

Cheers,

Rob

Well I've finall mounted them on the wall, one day my collection will go all the way round the room!

Hope you like them

Ryan

PICT0844.jpg

PICT0843.jpg

This is only the "arty" ones- I do have runners :blink:

(oh and i've also lined them up properly now!)

Why have RCs that wont run? If youre just gonna display get die-cast and save money o-o. Or if you enjoy the build, just sell it after...

Dunno... I like the idea of hanging chassis on the wall, but it's hard to see the details on the shells left unpainted. I tried painting some shells translucent, so you can see all the aluminum pieces on my hopped up evo iv, but they didnt look as cool as I expected..

Dunno... I like the idea of hanging chassis on the wall, but it's hard to see the details on the shells left unpainted. I tried painting some shells translucent, so you can see all the aluminum pieces on my hopped up evo iv, but they didnt look as cool as I expected..

That was my worry- I love to see the hop-ups and the mechanics. Still have the option to paint them but doubt i will

Why have RCs that wont run? If youre just gonna display get die-cast and save money o-o. Or if you enjoy the build, just sell it after...

I have RC's that Run, this to me is just something interesting to go on the wall. Could have die cast, but i like Tamiya and i like the shells i have

Just a question of taste really.

You have some strong will... I built a few shelfers, but ended up running all of them except for one. I just keep my kits NIB, so I dont get tempted.

We all have different school of thoughts :) . Collector behave differently like some like NIB and sealed, some like built and display, some like built and play so no right or wrong answer here. As for die-cast, my new interest, is not as cheap as one might think depending on scale and make. A 1/43 example... on average for about 3 of my die cast I can buy an average Tamiya RC excluding your F350, 1/14 trucks or tanks. On the other hand I regularly come across F1 and Ferrari at 1/43 selling for US$200 - $300 easy. Too rich for me.

Displaying / hanging RC on the wall is wall art. One of my crazy idea, provided I have the money and a large wall is to hang a "nice" 10 speed bike on the wall, is a form of ....engineering art. :lol:

This is only the "arty" ones- I do have runners :)

(oh and i've also lined them up properly now!)

If I may make a minor suggestion, hang your RC side way or at an angle will look more like art work and if you can swing it aim some small spot light.

Cheers

After emigrating three months ago, I finally got some display shelves up in my toy room and a handful of models on display.

From left to right, top to bottom:

Kyosho Concept 30DX with Hughes 500 body set, Kyosho Concept 60 with Jet Ranger body set.

Static and Scalextric models (Eggenberger Sierra RS500 x 3, TVR T440R Le Mans x 2, TVR Speed Twelve), Tamiya TT-01 BMW M3 Sport Evo, Tamiya TT-01 Mercedes 190 Evo II.

Box-art Falcon, 'My first Tamiya' replica Falcon, Mountaineer, Porsche 959.

Fox, TA-03RS PIAA Porsche 911 GT2, TA-02 Taisan Starcard Porsche 911 GT2.

Avante, Egress, Hotshot (original) and Brat (original).

Toy_Room_02.jpg

Toy_Room_01.jpg

We all have different school of thoughts :) . Collector behave differently like some like NIB and sealed, some like built and display, some like built and play so no right or wrong answer here. As for die-cast, my new interest, is not as cheap as one might think depending on scale and make. A 1/43 example... on average for about 3 of my die cast I can buy an average Tamiya RC excluding your F350, 1/14 trucks or tanks. On the other hand I regularly come across F1 and Ferrari at 1/43 selling for US$200 - $300 easy. Too rich for me.

Displaying / hanging RC on the wall is wall art. One of my crazy idea, provided I have the money and a large wall is to hang a "nice" 10 speed bike on the wall, is a form of ....engineering art. :lol:

Put it that way It makes sense.

I like seeing all the engineering inside stuff too =X I probably would hang some from the wall if I could afford it =P

Maybe just paint half side of the body and leave the other side clear? That could be intereing.

VS

That was my worry- I love to see the hop-ups and the mechanics. Still have the option to paint them but doubt i will

Great idea Ryan, true wall art :D ! I would leave them clear or like 'VS' said do a half job on the shells..

Great idea Ryan, true wall art B) ! I would leave them clear or like 'VS' said do a half job on the shells..

Hi Good Highflyer,

Do you mean do a great job on half of the shell or do a half-XXX job on the shells? :D:P

VS

Hi Good Highflyer,

Do you mean do a great job on half of the shell or do a half-XXX job on the shells? :D:P

VS

Great job on the half :PB)