Sign in to follow this  
pearce_jj

Wheelying Monster Beetle?

Morning all

There's been a few threads on here recently about "can XYZ body fit on ABC chasis", which I've been reading with interest.

Since I used to own a Monster Beetle, I suddenly wondered..., how about a MB Body on the Lunchbox chasis? iirc the Brat was a lot longer than the LB, so I'm presuming the chasis would need extending in the middle somehow. And then presumably some serious power to overcome the increased length?

Cheers!

If you're going to do that, start with a Hornet chassis; it's already the right length, and all the suspension parts are the same. The rear wheels from a Blackfoot/MB/Lunchbox will bolt right on, and the fronts only need a change to Lunchbox axles. Add some tall body posts, and you're in business.

You might want to gear down with the Lunchbox pinion gear and motor mount, too, and then throw as much power at it as you want. The sky is the limit with that gearbox.

I remember seeing in someone's showroom a Hornet with a Blackfoot body and wheels, if you want to see how everything lines up.

i put a 16 triple in my MB and it pulls wheelies. not great wheelies though, deffo room for improvement.