offroaderboy

Winger Body Set, Super Sabre Or Boomerang ?

Hi,

Need some help about the winger body set.

Was it made for the boomerang?I have looked in the showrooms and there are none fitted to the super sabre.

I can't see any reason why it can not be fitted to the super sabre.

Was it just the case that tamiya released it for the boomerang or that everyone likes the boomerang chassis[blue] better.

Any info would be good.

Thanks

Offroaderboy.

The Winger was released as an alternative body for the Boomerang, but it will fit on to the Super Sabre and all the others in the range. The body is more likely found on the Boomerang as it was released around the same time, the Super sabre coming along much later.

The Super Sabre is very much the least liked in the range, mainly because by the time Tamiya released it they had already released the much better Thundershot. So not many people had a Super Sabre, compared with plenty of Boomerang owners.

Hi Terry,

for the first time I must correct you, sorry.

Yes, virtually the Winger body can mount on both cars but the right car is the Boomerang for a simple reason.

Boomerang rear dampers are longer and Shock tower is higher.

The Winger rear wing mounts like original Boomerand one.

On the Super Sabre chassis due the lower shock tower the Winger wing will be lower than the body. And at the end, the Sabre chassis has not the wing stay. With the winger you must use the Boomerang original wing stay.

You can mount the body on Super Sabre chassis too, everything is possible but you must adapt it building a home made rear wing stay.

Cheers and thanks

Kontemax