Sign in to follow this  
minimadgriff

Please Help Me Find.....

Hi Ben,

Can you not use 31mm and offset the chassis? I was looking for some 34mm as well, but no luck for me either. I finally settle for some HPI 31mm vintage. The look quite nice and should not be too strange when you put on a wide body.

Ben AKA VS :D

If 30mm are okay, again some axle spacers will give you another 2mm, Tamiya's own wide touring car wheels and tyres are still available new on e-bay, sometimes from the UK or else from Japan, and not expensive. Both were made for the TA02W(S) chassis in the 90's and come in either gold BBS mesh or Rays 5 spoke with chrome rims.

They also do the standard matching 26mm widths. Since the wheels come in two parts, rim and centre, the rims may be reversed for variable offset.

As a nice alternative, Kawada also make very nice looking 30mm wide wheels, 10mm offset and 26mm matching fronts in 4,2,0mm offset, again spoke or mesh. The newer versions of these have a shallower hex cup so cannot be spaced with more than 0.5 - 1.0mm spacers. The Tamiya wide tyres will fit these or you can fabricate a styrene 'band' the reduce the rim width to 26mm, just bond it against the inner rim edge and the inner tyre bead will sit against it - tried and tested!

The Kawada meshies, 30 & 26mm (10/4mm offset) and that 'band' (painted black). The Tamiya ones you'll know!

driftpro4topthreequarter5ip.jpg

driftpro4rear3nc.jpg

On my Drift Racer, which has a 200 mm HPI RX-8 shell, i have found that the wheels of a toy car fits perfectly.. The car i have used as donor is the "Tyco RC Drift Kings Nissan" Its wheels are quite wide, and with good offset, fitting that 200 mm shell perfectly..

Only thing is, that the hexes used by Tyco are smaller, so you will have to "adjust" the size of the normal Tamiya-size hexes..

Cheers..

Michael

thanks for all the replys. i found some 30mm. im going to see how they look. also founds some 26mm plus 2mm ofset and 4mm offset. cant find any wider. keep seeing bbs style ones but they are too lary for me and too modern for the shells they are for.

How about 10mm offset wheels?

that are very nice where can i get some?

Hi Ben,

Can you not use 31mm and offset the chassis? I was looking for some 34mm as well, but no luck for me either. I finally settle for some HPI 31mm vintage. The look quite nice and should not be too strange when you put on a wide body.

Ben AKA VS :(

offset the chassis???? :)

thanks for all the replys. i found some 30mm. im going to see how they look. also founds some 26mm plus 2mm ofset and 4mm offset. cant find any wider. keep seeing bbs style ones but they are too lary for me and too modern for the shells they are for.

that are very nice where can i get some?

You will find the extra 4mm on the 30mm wheels is on the inside of the wheel, so the overall width of the car is the same. The 4mm offset wheels will make the overall width wider.