Azreal

Kyosho Ultima Wheels..

The steering parts from the Traxxas had to be lightly filled to fit in the Kyosho a-arms, but other than that, it all fits! The pins were the exact same size as the originals, so no reeming was required. I will post pics when I get it all done.

awsome! the parts definitely changed then. eagerly awaiting those pix.

what traxxas chassis did they come from?

awsome! the parts definitely changed then. eagerly awaiting those pix.

what traxxas chassis did they come from?

Parts came from a Traxxas Bandit. I will get the pix when I get to work tomorrow as I left my camera there. The axels are a bit long, but a few washers fixed it. I am looking for shorter axle shafts.

Good to know it's an easy job to fit the parts and I also can't wait to see the pictures.

Parts came from a Traxxas Bandit.

right, but which? the VXL with 5x11 bearings?

right, but which? the VXL with 5x11 bearings?

Any Bandit. They are all the same, the only differences are the electrics.

Any Bandit. They are all the same, the only differences are the electrics.

uhm... that's the problem. i thought they were all the same too but something must have changed somewhere along the line. otherwise Azreal stuffed a 3mm pin in ~ a 2-2.5 hole... without reaming...?

there's a joke in there somewhere too.

btw: the brushless traxxaseses upgraded the 5x8 bearings to 5x11s

uhm... that's the problem. i thought they were all the same too but something must have changed somewhere along the line. otherwise Azreal stuffed a 3mm pin in ~ a 2-2.5 hole... without reaming...?

Okay, as you can tell I'm not a Traxxas expert, but up until 5 minutes ago I hadn't seen the diagrams for the new one, comparing the photos of the various versions the front end looks identical. Those axles used are the 'old' ones with 8mm bearings.

Azreal that front end looks great, the Traxxas parts keeps the width about the same as well so it wont affect the suspension setup either. And someones found the Tower Hobbies ST-15 parts list :)

there's a joke in there somewhere too.

I used the Ultima pins. The hole in the Traxxas bandit steering caster was an exact fit. As for the bearings, they are indeed 5x8. My steering still is a bit rough as the servo has a small problem going back to center. I am currently looking at what is causing it to bind. As for the front wheels, being 26mm touring, still rubs a bit on the front section pf the a-arm during a turn. I have a 12-turn motor, and haven't really got to test it as I haven't glued the tires yet. I reached about 50+mph before letting off when the tire started coming off. I was afraid the thing would come apart all together! I need to find a big parking lot to open it up. I was please with the speed I got from it. Handling? I have no clue yet. All I know is that it is to fast to do anything with. I think the 12 turn was a bit much. Found a few extra gear boxes with gears just in case I trash em.