MAD RACER

Frog Front Shocks

because the vintage shocks seem like they are a hassle to convert to coil over.and everyone says they leak.

1000072sr7.jpg

Thats how I did my shocks.

Kyosho Optima as somebody told me.

The carbonfibre shock tower is form a TA01 - you should know it Nige :) - and just a try.

It fits on the backside without cutting or making a new hole, so lets try if I could fit ist to the frontside and change for some adjustable shocks and remove the original springs.

Looks familiar :)

Are those shocks just screwed into the body mount? Interesting... how well does it handle?

Kingpins screwed in the bodymount.

Ok - how does it handle?

Better as before, but the front is still to stiff and the shocks are more or less to soft.

Thats why I will change for adjustabel shocks and use the shown shockmount.

only problem with that is the top force is discontinued.any idea how to get a shock tower?also,i am using the crp mounts.

with the CRP mounts 60mm on the front and 90mm on the back is fine. got mine from yeah racing and they are superb. handling improved and look much better i think. if you have things around like top force parts etc fair enough but if you have to spend money the yeah racing are cheap enough from Rc mart and i'm sure many of you could find them cheaper. have a look in my showroom, i'd post a link but i'm a computer numpty and haven't worked it out yet :)

1000074qy2.jpg

Made a bit a change.

Ballheads at the lowerend kingpins on the topend - CVA shocks and removed the original springs - so now its easy to change the setup with parts anybody has fly around. Its a bit close to the swingarms but it works fine and will stay at my Brat. You can use CVA springs even at the rear shocks you just have to change the small plate from the original to the CVA plate.

1000075we5.jpg

Big improofment for nearly zero money!

Has anyone tried mini-t front shocks? They are supose to be 62mm length.

would these be softer than the yea racing?

I have yea racing with lightest oil I have and softest springs I could find but its still pretty stiff up front.

Maybe the Mini T ones will work better?