Sign in to follow this  
RallyeBaz

Anyone Have A Walkera 36b Rc Helicopter

Just bought a Walkera 36B helicopter after getting the bug.

These are suppossed to be ready to fly out the box. Charged the battery up and the model wont lift off the floor at full power ???

Doing a Google search there are conflicting advice. On the back of the controller there is 10 switches. Some people say you just have Channel 5 switched on. Others say 4,5,6 & 8 ??

Just ordered a Brushless 180L motor and now find out in a post not to use it ???

To run the above motor I also need a upgraded battery ?? Like RC cars, Do I need to upgrade the speed controller ??

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hi.

I have some Walkera helicopters.. All run brushless motors and LiPo batteries.

Brushless motors requires a brushless ESC (Electronic Speed Controller).

The Walkera 36 does not lift off with the standard NiMh battery, as the motor is not strong enough.. (!!) :angry:

-Thomas-

Hi.

The Walkera 36 does not lift off with the standard NiMh battery, as the motor is not strong enough.. (!!) :angry:

-Thomas-

That is bad make, why would any make supply a motor that will not do the job, might as well not include the motor.

Yep should have done my home work as this seems a common problem. ( Especially when the model is suppossed to fly upside down) Made sure the paddle blades were the same distance apart and noticed the Gyro switch was on AVCS, when it should be normal. Got the model up 5 feet in the air and had to cut the power as the wind caught it. Model landed heavily and bent rear boom, 2 plastic rotor connectors broke and rear stabiliser broke.

Just spent 100 on upgraded parts ( Metal rotor & Tail, Speed controller, Battery, blades and Stabilisers ) from Hong Kong.

If you have any spare parts for sale ( Main body etc ) as I can see some more crashes on the horizon.