Sign in to follow this  
dazaa

Were Can I Get A Fast Motor?

Hi

I am after a fast motor under 12 turns, but they must come with wires and connectors as my soldering is rubbish. I have seen some really good motors for 20 pounds but they dont come with wires. If anyone knows were i can get a fast motor with wires please let me know as i realy need one.

regards

dazaa

oh must be in uk.

Guest joelvardy

Just at thought but the motors you have seen may have the spade style connectors on them so all you need to do it buy a set of spade connectors that go into bullet plugs.

Hope this is of help

Just at thought but the motors you have seen may have the spade style connectors on them so all you need to do it buy a set of spade connectors that go into bullet plugs.

Hope this is of help

OHH i never thought of that, but i have seen some nice motors on model sport but that idea will definatly come in handy one day, ecpecially with a crp01.

regards

dazaa

Personaly , other than the silver can stock motors , Ive never seen an aftermarket motor come with the wires pre solderd on unless the hobby shop themselfs have done it .

Well i think model sport get them with the wires soldered on, but it dosnt make a difference who soldered them as long as they work.

dazaa

what you want are no-solder leads:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXTJ21&P=0

they push onto the motor terminals.

Sorry to hear your soldering skills are rubbish. Successful execution comes with practice and sometimes the proper tools. I used to use a 15w soldering pen from modding PCBs but since it's applications are so small, 14 gauge wire and large solder blobs would suck heat from the iron faster than the iron could melt solder through the wire braid. Otherwise, 15w is only good for melting solder onto things and takes for ever to heat up. After upgrading to a 60w iron I've had no problem making a clean connection.

Hi I think i can make some of them for less than you can buy them for. As for soldering i think my soldering iron could be to blame as it has a massive tip, but it is a propper weller one so if i get a small tip then lets see what happens.

regards

dazaa

For anything under 12T, it would kinda be a waste not to solder the motor directly to the speed control. Only so much current can pass through a bullet connector. It will kinda act like a current limiter, which will reduce the low end punch. Of course this might be good for certain applications where a lot of torque is not required...