Sign in to follow this  
Stu20

Super Champ - Blitzer Beetle

Rebuilding a Super Champ and would like to know if it possible ti fit the Blitzer Beetle body??

I guess there will be some modifications along the line.

here u go; i just trimmed around the rear to make it fit. still looks a little rough in the pics but it was a runner so i wasn't overly concerned. also included pic of a direct steering mod. on mine i didn't use the upper deck because i didn't want to risk breaking it. however they now make an aftermarket one on ebay by crp i believe.

P1000669.JPGP1000670.JPGP1000671.JPGP1000667.JPG

post-16240-1198772345.jpg

post-16240-1198772363.jpg

post-16240-1198772380.jpg

post-16240-1198772395.jpg

Ah memories. When parts were still available my brother converted his Super Champ to hide under a Monster Beetle shell. He was able to score a Sand Scorcher front body post but rear rollbar clip was far from tops. So he placed two of those self tapping body posts on the sides of a Scorcher/ranger radio box and they mated with the existing Monster beetle mounting holes. It was a beautiful job and a pity the car was squashed by a military jeep on its virgin run as a bug.

Since the Blitzer is a recycled Monster beetle shell with a slightly different nose cone it should mate to the 'champ chassis with no issues. if you're not comfortable cutting the rear bootlid to fit the damper reservoir, the bottle can be relocated if not shoehorned. as for the reminder of parts, short of procuring a 'Scorcher front body post and rollbar clip, you may have to become creative.

SC_Original.jpg

Thanks guys ... Better walk before I run ... back to the original plan ... re-biuld the Super Champ and then go looking for more to do.

This is how it looks at the moment - and having seen some of the rebuilds on this forum I have a good way to go.

post-23885-1198786785.jpg

I`ve got a Scorcher shell on mine http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...75&id=20387

I used longer screws and spacers for the rear body clip so i didnt have to take any of the body away.

You`ll need to drill the front for the body post so the wheels line up with the arches better.The Blitzer and Monster shells have the hole in the wrong place.