Sign in to follow this  
VinceVegaUK

Tt-01 Skyline Z-tune, Finished :-)

Took me about 4 days solid to build, paint & decal. It's ball raced but everything else is stock, need to get some oil shocks the friction ones are too springy, i also have a set of ABS drift wheels too :-)

01skyline.jpg

02skyline.jpg

03skyline.jpg

04skyline.jpg

05skyline.jpg

Later

VV

Nice one !!!

I've just all but finished all the hop-ups on my TT-01 too. It's the Subaru 2007 WRC one.....

Cool aren't they......

Bri.. :mellow:

Nice one !!!

I've just all but finished all the hop-ups on my TT-01 too. It's the Subaru 2007 WRC one.....

Cool aren't they......

Bri.. :mellow:

Yea, they're fast and I'm impressed with the speed controller brake system, in the old days stopping RC's was all about just slamming in to reverse, lol, these things really brake. The misses wont let me blast in the street as there are lots of Chavy kids and she doesn't want me to bring all the attention over which i'm sure it will to be honest. Have a few people at work with RC cars so will blast it in the car park at lunch and maybe before i go home and if the boss lets us we might even have a little drift session in the spare office room.

I plan to go over to Wrexham & Stockport RC track sometime soon too.

Later

VV

WOW clean and nice work! 4 days on the bench sure have paid off :mellow:

Nice choice of color too! what color did you use?

VS

I used about 4 thin coats of Tamiya PS16 Metallic Blue and 3 coats of Tamiya PS41 Bright Silver as a backing colour. The blue is quite translucent so the silver really lifts the blue and makes it more opaque. I gave the wing mirrors and spoiler a single medium coat of of silver and two thin coats of blue to try and keep the colour match and apart from the lesser shine the plastic gives than the body shell they look spot on. The Carbon bonnet is a vinyl sticker by Parmer and the silver sponsor decals are by Carson (you get one black and one silver set per sheet so to dupe the decals on the other side of the car i had to buy 2 packs, at least i have a spare black set for when i do my Mazda RX7 shell (in a few months)

Later

VV

any reason why you didnt paint the black sections in the light buckets? it looks so much more real with this little detail. it seems quite a few people have left it all chrome for some reason :D the colour is very nice though :(

any reason why you didnt paint the black sections in the light buckets? it looks so much more real with this little detail. it seems quite a few people have left it all chrome for some reason :unsure: the colour is very nice though :P

Oh God i tried but it turned out all wrong and i removed a bit of the chrome effect whilst botching it up so i gave in before i made it any worse. i did reply in more detail but the log in timed out and i lost my reply so just said it as simply as i could, lol

Any tips if you have done it

Later

VV

Very nice job and I like the carbon on the bonnet.

Just take care with the wiring on the inside as too tight and it can easily pull one of the contacts with the LEDs and suddenly no lights - Believe me its not gd in a night race as I have done ;)

Best regards and welcome to tc.

Ryck

Very nice job and I like the carbon on the bonnet.

Just take care with the wiring on the inside as too tight and it can easily pull one of the contacts with the LEDs and suddenly no lights - Believe me its not gd in a night race as I have done :D

Best regards and welcome to tc.

Ryck

yea i have taped it down, but then i realised there are some fold over metal tabs with adhesive tabs on to help tidy the wires that come with the set. There is plenty of length to set the body to one side whist charging the battery etc...

I want a 350z body shell now and a RX7 is there a tamiya 350z?

Laters

VV

There are several 350Z's from tamiya,

Two GT500 ones the calsonic one and the works one.

Also a stock 350Z in works colours that was on the TT01

and a road version that I think was on the TL01.

Cheers

Ryck